IGNORED

AAA - Ask Autechre Anything (Transcribed Edition)

Guest jasondonervan

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest RadarJammer

To all spectral/FFT heads, Re my question -

"Is there a good way of doing real-time FFT based shenanigans without the obvious latency issues that get introduced from to the block size you're manipulating ?"

The track I was getting at and should've mentioned was vekoS, specifically the section at 4:12 -

As you can hear all the spectral stuff is all in sync with the rest of the track, do you think it was rendered and then bumped back in time so there's no latency/delay problems ?

if i'm gonna do fft in a patch i would plan ahead by finding out how much latency the processes are causing and use delays everywhere else to compensate, its a trade off and thats why my fft patch folder gets so heavy full of stuff i haven't used because i'm saving it all for special ocasions when i really wanna treat myself to it. i can do just about any sort of crazy fft stuff i want including time stretching within a 100-200ms latency which i think is reasonable just adds a layer of complexity to the rest of the patch

i know one spectral tool that does pretty good spectral manipulations in pseudo-realtime (with pdc) — little endian spectrumworx

this looks fantastic!

before i splurge on this, tho - i'm curious if anyone knows of anything done in reaktor that covers on similar ground?

Next customer pls

bEb47Jb.jpg

Amazing.

Rob's checking whether they do a tuna and onion pizza.

I'll have my lel with sausage please and..

oh my, only now noticed DONERVAN

*shits an augmatic brick*

i know one spectral tool that does pretty good spectral manipulations in pseudo-realtime (with pdc) little endian spectrumworx

this looks fantastic!

before i splurge on this, tho - i'm curious if anyone knows of anything done in reaktor that covers on similar ground?

Just to add, yesterday I bought (and got them to fix typos on their site) the plugin and haven't been disappointed. With the current discount it worked out as just over 50 quid.

Guest RadarJammer

anyone else seem to notice that exai could probably all/mostly be done in a single voice patch? noticing that kinda gave credit to the idea that its all done in a mega patch

but i'm calling u out autechre for sayin you don't use randoms. a little honesty goes a long way and it couldn't hurt to retcon some of the stuff you said in the old interviews so it doesn't continue to corrupt young artists seeking a legitimate role model

if some 15 year old reads your old SOS article today and takes all that shit to heart they are gonna be led miles down a false path

looking back, one thing that surprised me is how familiar ae seem to be with their tracks and tracknames (duh, I guess). Prior to the AAA I assumed they mutate/evolve their style so frequently, that they constantly have a whole pile of partial tracks, and the tracknames are mostly throwaway and random.

Archived