IGNORED

AAA - Ask Autechre Anything (Transcribed Edition)

Guest jasondonervan

Guest jasondonervan

photo-17338.jpg?_r=1383400219photo-17334.png?_r=1383404880

Ask Autechre Anything - Transcribed Edition (googledocs)

Here is a transcribed edition for one of WATMM's finest moments: 'Ask Autechre Anything':

- 5 Days of question-fielding by Sean Booth and Rob Brown of Autechre

- 150+ WATMM Pages

- Over 1,500 questions answered/interactions. Yeah, I can't quite believe it either.

The TE is not in strict chronological order, this is due to questions being picked up by either Sean or Rob a few hours (in some cases days) later. Where that has happened, I have seated responses together in the spreadsheet, which hopefully ensures that it makes more sense to read than having a feed of responses as they appeared over the five days.

Some edits to posts were made, for efficiency in reading through this document, mainly to keep context to just the questions/answers or where an interesting dialogue was held. However, all responses from Sean or Rob are exactly as they appeared - save for the occasional formatting to make them easier to read in the spreadsheet.

Huge thanks to Sean and Rob for slicing through the myths, dishing out technical knowledge/recommendations/toplels, providing some inspiration to the music makers, and naming all the electronic devices/body parts ever known.

Hearty handshake to Joyrex for making it happen - it was a blast.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Holy Shit, jasondonervan! That's amazingly great! Thanks for that, and of course, thanks to Autechre for being the coolest artists I've ever heard of. Seriously, I still can't believe this went down, and I'm still getting caught up (although this spreadsheet makes it way easier--thanks again!).

Guest RadarJammer

the notes/links column is eating up a lot of space for not giving much info, how can i delete that column before exporting to pdf?

the notes/links column is eating up a lot of space for not giving much info, how can i delete that column before exporting to pdf?

you can't, it's been locked so that it can't be vandalised - that happened last time with the Autechre webcasts, lots of hard work was undone because some prick went and fucked it up.

haha woah, didn't see this bit

question:

Grant Wilson Claridge has said he doesn't think Aphex will release any more records, because he has given out enough of his music already.

What motivates you guys to keep releasing?

answer:

that interview with grant is weird, it's like he genuinely doesn't understand why people release music

maybe someone fucked up his brain

what an opportunity seriously, i almost wish we could go back in time, have joyrex give us a week's notice and then prepare all our questions for the big event. I'm not super happy with what i asked them looking back on it, lots of people asked great questions though. Definitely the most interesting Autechre interview out there, haha

Archived