IGNORED

AAA - Ask Autechre Anything (Transcribed Edition)

Guest jasondonervan

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

not sure what the context is, but you can put someone in a position by asking a very direct question on a possible sensitive subject in a way such that a person has to publicly address something which he/she doesn't want to address. this response can be a kind of friendly joking off a sticky situation, imo. ...and i'm sure my engrish is pretty fucked in trying to explain something which i hardly can explain

I know its odd that I ask it here but what does it mean when I get "shit put me on the spot why don't you?" as an answer?

Man, you simply made him feel uncomfortable because you asked him if you can have a track of yours remixed by them (I seriously don't think they care to do that when they have so much to do) and then asked even more direct question if they send you something on your birthday (which I seriously don't understand how can anyone come up with such a question but whatever).

If I was Rob I would say "No, I am sorry. I can't be bothered / I don't have time to send stuff to random fans unless they are dying of cancer and this is their last wish". But he wasn't so direct so there you go. Don't put him on the spot next time :happy:.

I am sure Sean would explain it to you in a more direct manner if you asked him.

what an opportunity seriously, i almost wish we could go back in time, have joyrex give us a week's notice and then prepare all our questions for the big event. I'm not super happy with what i asked them looking back on it, lots of people asked great questions though. Definitely the most interesting Autechre interview out there, haha

It came together so quickly... Bread suggested it, I contacted Sean and Rob, they almost immediately said "Sure, sounds cool", and I quickly set things up.

nice one jasondonervan

Glad to have been a small part of this.....................wonder will it pop up in the media anywhere.... Guardian, The Wire, Fact,...etc

Proper attribution better be given - Jasondonervan put a lot of hard work into this.

WATMM really needs a Wiki... or a proper website, LOL.

Guest Ron Manager

Awesome, thanks for the transcription! Have hardly had time to get through the thread, this is so handy.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

awesome work!

so who's next? squarepusha? plaid? not gonna ask rdj, cause that's useless ;p

If Squarepusher does one the result will be 109 pages of Tom essays in response to the first question asked.

awesome work!

If Squarepusher does one the result will be 109 pages of Tom essays in response to the first question asked.

Squarepusher already did this with BBC and answered one of my questions years ago

awesome work!

Another reason why pommepusher should be the first!

=D

Guest cult fiction

what an opportunity seriously, i almost wish we could go back in time, have joyrex give us a week's notice and then prepare all our questions for the big event. I'm not super happy with what i asked them looking back on it, lots of people asked great questions though. Definitely the most interesting Autechre interview out there, haha

It came together so quickly... Bread suggested it, I contacted Sean and Rob, they almost immediately said "Sure, sounds cool", and I quickly set things up.

nice one jasondonervan

Glad to have been a small part of this.....................wonder will it pop up in the media anywhere.... Guardian, The Wire, Fact,...etc

Proper attribution better be given - Jasondonervan put a lot of hard work into this.

WATMM really needs a Wiki... or a proper website, LOL.

Can you just put a wiki on here? Anything would be fine, like MediaWiki

Guest jasondonervan

Thanks for all your kind words, glad to be of service. I'll be honest, if I'd realised how many questions them pesky 'chre lads actually answered, I probably wouldn't have taken it on! But hey, it was an excuse to listen to this year's Webcasts all over again, which actually made plenty of sense while reading through a blur of copy and pasting of all things Autechre.

I'm not done yet, though... I have some interesting developments in the pipeline for y'all that I think you're gonna like... but you'll have to wait a little bit longer to find out exactly what... not too long, though...

Have I said too much?

tumblr_m8vfvocz921rt3fn2.gif

:Mysterious: :fear:

are you gonna make graphs out of the data? because, you know...you did collate it all on a spreadsheet, so it's not like a massive feat...

:trollface:

Guest jasondonervan

are you gonna make graphs out of the data? because, you know...you did collate it all on a spreadsheet, so it's not like a massive feat...

:trollface:

WalkenOhYou2.jpg

AAA transcribe is done. Other stuff will be good stuff :wink:

Whatever, don't care lol

Why bother commenting if you don't care?

And cheers Jason for the transcription. And to Joyrex and Ae for making it happen.

To check if there are any moralists out there, the ones who can't look over people whose priorities are clearly fucked.

Archived