IGNORED

WATMM's 2013 Album Of The Year - Winners!

eh Speedy

Well that's it. It's over.

#1. Autechre - Exai

#2. Boards of Canada - Tomorrow's Harvest

#3. Oneohtrix Point Never - R Plus Seven

#4. Ceephax - Cro Magnox

#5. Jon Hopkins - Immunity

#6. Bibio - Silver Wilkinson

#7. three way tie: µ-Ziq - Chewed Corners / Tim Hecker - Virgins / The Knife - Shaking the Habitual

Check thread for the rest of the rankings. http://forum.watmm.com/topic/81963-watmms-2013-album-of-the-year-voting/

Thanks for throwing in all of your love, and seeya next year.

Well that's it. It's over.

#1. Autechre - Exai

#2. Boards of Canada - Tomorrow's Harvest

#3. Oneohtrix Point Never - R Plus Seven

#4. Ceephax - Cro Magnox

#5. Jon Hopkins - Immunity

#6. Bibio - Silver Wilkinson

#7. three way tie: µ-Ziq - Chewed Corners / Tim Hecker - Virgins / The Knife - Shaking the Habitual

Seems legit. Very WATMM-esque result.

Boards of Canada, highly deserved! They put out the best album they've ever made this year IMO.

Honestly Jon Hopkins from out of nowhere this year with his popularity. I mean he did 3 albums before this that nobody talked about, which are all good. I also can't believe how hard WATMM voted for a guy that produced and basically injected one of his own songs straight into a Coldplay album on Viva La Vida. I guess stranger things have happened.

Go CEEPHAX, always!

Damn it! I've got to get the Japanese Chewed Corners CD. Working on it.

Guest jasondonervan

Solid results, 2013 was good times for music. Would like to have seen Ceephax nudge OPN by a nose as I've listened to Cro Magnox more than R Plus 7 this year, but both are winners regardless.

Cheers to SPD² for pollmaster duties.

Guest murphythecat8

Boards of Canada, highly deserved! They put out the best album they've ever made this year IMO.

Honestly Jon Hopkins from out of nowhere this year with his popularity. I mean he did 3 albums before this that nobody talked about, which are all good. I also can't believe how hard WATMM voted for a guy that produced and basically injected one of his own songs straight into a Coldplay album on Viva La Vida. I guess stranger things have happened.

Go CEEPHAX, always!

Damn it! I've got to get the Japanese Chewed Corners CD. Working on it.

yes, Ive discovered hopkins this year, and has become a instant favorite, Inside is also as good then immunity, and the 2013 how I live now OST from hopkins is also highly recommended.

Also happy for U-ziq.

It was truly a hell of a year for the iddemz types of music. Exai=great. BoC finally won me over with TH (never cared enough for anything to purchase an album of theirs before).

Just picked up Virgins and Immunity because of the end of the year voting list, and love them both. Hecker's album especially, I'm going to be coming back to it for years, I can already tell.

Guest murphythecat8

Bibo is a big surprise for me, I liked this album a lot and still listen to the album regurlarly, but thought this was kind of cheesy and cliche for watmm

Cool haven't heard some of these albums yet. Been trying to get into Jon Hopkins but I must be missing something, Vapor City's been a grower for me though.

yeah seems a little too *precious* for my tastes. even the distortion and compression seems so controlled.

let's not fool ourselves here, there was not even close to a contender to Exai all year. The voting seems accurate to me

Weren't you saying you were let down, or bothered, by Exai some time ago?

Don't get me wrong, I agree it is top, and glad you changed your mind (if indeed I remembered correctly about you not liking it much)

i always go through a little bit of that with every new Autechre album, but regardless of my expectations not being met or whatever it still destroys any other electronic music I've heard this year i mean how could it not? It's autechre

Archived