IGNORED

How did you change your life?

Frank Poole

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

why should i stick around and take your abuse? why are you worth it? answer is, you aint.adios.

Soul-baring feels abusive to you? Sounds like you might need more help than the people you're complaining about. Also, usually you're the one abusing the person doing the talking. Do you feel a need to read emotional posts that will only piss you off? That's your problem, not theirs.

The ignore feature actually does work, if you're really bothered. I use it all the time!

I'm afraid A/D is right, friendo. Refusing to share or discuss your problems isn't a healthy solution to tackling them, and neither is berating those who are.

Hell, that's why we have the Stupid FWPs thread, right?

Lately, ever since ~October I've been waking up in the morning at times like 4/5 o' clock. I always have to pee. After that I go to bed again, but I am unable to sleep in: I wake up every hour or so, and usually have to pee AGAIN, and if I don't, I'm just awake, but aren't sleeping exactly. I used to get 8 hours a night, now it's 4/5/6.

For a long while, this kinda sucked, because I usually loved to sleep in, and conditioned myself that I needed dem 8 hours of sleep.

However, a realization dawned on me. In the school of yoga that I follow (Kundalini Yoga), and which practically replaced marijuana that was taking over my life, the morning sadhana, or spiritual practice, is a really important one. You honour yourself, honour God, the teacher (=guru, which we all have) within you, and just everything about it benefits you. I usually couldn't be buggered to do this, because hey, which ASS gets up at 4:30 in the morning to do yoga, right?

Then another realization dawned upon me: "wew man, this whole "which ASS gets up at 5 in the morning," isn't the you of now talking. It's the past you of your expectations on how you should live your life talking. This cunt drowned and sedated his problems. The new you is building the courage to actually confront them. This is the new you, the one that wakes up between 4 and 5. Maybe you should listen to your body, instead of forcing yourself to lie down for 3 hours, which gives you 3 hours of shitty sleep, and doesn't even make you feel any better. Au contraire, it makes me feel worse, because this horrible, sickening feeling originates if I just lay there and do nothing. It starts in my belly, and just pulses.. pulses.. pulses it's toxins.

So yeh, I really want to get up, starting tomorrow. Just splash some cold face water in my water face, and get at it.

Now I just hope that my 5 AM coach is as strong as my 8 PM coach.

Yes, he is.

For I am strong.

--

Also, opening up isn't as easy for most people; it really takes a whole lot of courage..

Care and patience.

-edit-

Another realization: don't talk to others about it, but just do it.

This is a pitfall of me: tell others. This way I trick myself that others will tell me that I should do something, while I need to work on my intrinsic motivation.

I won't delete or edit the post in any other way, since this will serve as a reminder to myself (and it really still stands).

-edit-

This is a pitfall of me: tell others. This way I trick myself that others will tell me that I should do something, while I need to work on my intrinsic motivation.

unless youre talking about suicide

-edit-

unless youre talking about suicide

not in the case of euthanasia, but yeh, good point never the less

Foolish foolish acts of self sabotage. Involving booze, woman, drugs, friends, money, and education. All the wiser for it all those things plus more are a work in progress, or rather a life long work in progress.

Life's a garden dig it...

Archived