IGNORED

How did you change your life?

Frank Poole

non-utilitarian muscle

no such thing tho

The downside- for the lazy folk- is that you actually have to care about yourself consistently.

yeah. I can't even bring myself to go to bed on time :cerious:

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was a light cigarette smoker (like 4 or 5 a day) but I recently started using the patch (step 3) to quit without getting insomnia since I work a night shift right now and so far this shit is working. I feel better already.

Breaking up with toxic ex and moving out of a house filled with coke heads and random people.

Moving back to Seattle with two close friends and starting to make music and be normal again.

CALLS FOR AN AVATAR CHANGE

You don't change your life. Life changes you. It is merely an illusion that you change your own life. You are the reactive force. Your life is happening at all times, and you have zero control over it. You are the reflection.

You don't change your life. Life changes you. It is merely an illusion that you change your own life. You are the reactive force. Your life is happening at all times, and you have zero control over it. You are the reflection.

I agree with this fock. It's like if there's actually a destiny for each one of us, and we are prisoners of it. Neverthless, the only things we can decide are the attitudes towards the inexorable events in our lives.

I don't think this can be proved or disproved. I do think it's possible to react in a way that changes your life. But I'm not about to tell you I can prove free will or anything like that.

This is the same as whether free will exists or not. Reading various posts seems like a lot of people here are depressed or have a lot of different problems in life. Also, many seem like they are always on watmm and nothing better to do. I guess this is an ok place to discuss and complain about life.

Being pretty fucking pathetic these days, watmm is likely the only place I 'socialize' with others. It's definitely helpful to talk about your problems, and I appreciate and would like to thank all of you for your feedback. Some feedback are good, some are horrible. Either way it's fine. I'll try to stop complaining about my problems, and I'll try to be more positive rather than saying 'fuck this, fuck that' all the time. Sorry if I offended anyone. I'll try to participate in these mostly time-wasting discussions and do something more productive with my life.

You know man, I don't want you to stop complaining, honestly. Everybody else gets to bitch in here and that's cool. I just took issue with you implying everyone else was stupid.

Hope you feel better dude. Don't be afraid to ask for help (hopefully from real life sources, but failing that, watmm sometimes works).

I'm about to buy an ipod off of someone. It's about to change my life.

You are changing yourself as a reaction to your life. You cannot change your life. Only yourself. You are merely making preparation in anticipation for the future forces at work against you.

Archived