IGNORED

Squarepusher X Z-machines: Music For Robots - EP 05 April 2014

Guest murph

Guest bitroast

I noticed it most on just a souvenir. The vinyl mastering for that is so loose it sounds like the 'band' is playing live in your living room.

For some reason I never was too phased by the mastering on ufabulum. It sounds compressed but I guess I felt it suited the music or something? The vinyl is definitely clearer though. Like you can really hear the bass tones and individual synths and parts super clearly.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

on JAS it was the absence of low end that bothered me. Ufabulum is compressed but you're right, it's suited to the music. Ufabulum is supposed to be played loud. Squarepusher party music I guess.

Just a heads up, I ordered the vinyl from amazon, so anyone else who is a sucker like me and has to resort to prepaid cards to order online in the US, you're in luck!

[youtubehd]7MluikyEQF4[/youtubehd]

It's weird how they have mounted the guitar picks at a 45+ degrees angle on the strings, which results in a lot of scraping noise and a pretty dull and undefined attack.

• 2 weeks later...

vibrating strings are moving targets, and the more they are struck the greater the amplitude of the vibration. angling the picks offers the player some leeway in achieving a good strike on a string that really occupies a broad area of probability. also, with the precision of a robot, you can position them so only the point reaches a string that is still, allowing for a nice pluck regardless of the angle.

this is the coolest album. really an amazing achievement, making the guitars play so well so fast, having it all sound so good, and the compositions being so great and well-suited for the set-up.

It might allow for more speed, or less chance of a string breaking at high speeds.

maybe adding small spoilers to each string would help.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Finally something fast enough to play along those +200BPM amens and what does he do? More prog rock shit.

lol word

*puts on Selection Sixteen*

Guest bitroast

Got my vinyl copy yesterday! Packaging is lush!

got my copy just this week (bit late, lol)

the packaging is super lush. sort of ties in with ufabulum quite nicely.

pls pusher album this fall pleeeeees

Based on his release schedule (every 2 years generally), we're looking at winter of this year or early next year probably?

Any hopes on the next album? I want some goddamn amenry from him a-la Hello Everything or Ultravisitor. Can't he just make a throwback album that isn't brickwalled to high heaven like Ufab was? (I still like ufab)

pls pusher album this fall pleeeeees

Based on his release schedule (every 2 years generally), we're looking at winter of this year or early next year probably?

Any hopes on the next album? I want some goddamn amenry from him a-la Hello Everything or Ultravisitor. Can't he just make a throwback album that isn't brickwalled to high heaven like Ufab was? (I still like ufab)

I totally want some amenry. Hello Everything-style or Go Plastic works for me.

Archived