IGNORED

New Die Antwoord Single

o00o

There was a track similarly titled Evil Boy earlier in their discography. It was produced by Diplo, yet there was no mention of him in the title, a guest rapper Wanga got the feat. instead. So AFX isn't doing beats, sorry.

Not necessarily-- it could be an alt version, or "remix" of the original.... and we all know that aphex's remixes are complete reconstructions. I also dont think Die Antwoord are dumb enough to do something that would piss off the entire IDM/techno community, like hyping us up for no real reason. It would make them look like fools, and possibly lose a part of their fan base. It would be lame if it was just a "I Want Your Soul" sample in one part of the song or something but i highly doubt that. They seem more sophisticated than that. That's more along the lines of what Kanye West would do.

They would do precisely this at any chance, sorry.

hmmm, im not saying i dont think its possible, just seems unlikely to me.. on the flipside, i guess if they think they can use it as a gimmick to gain like 10 million views or something on youtube, and make a quick buck, maybe. it just seems like it would do more harm than good, considering they already have respect from many niches... and make some pretty cool music and videos.. one wouldnt think they need to throw around the word aphex twin to get attention. At their level, I'd think they could just easily collab with like Ellie Goulding or try to get in touch with Kanye's team if they wanted to get the most attention/mainstream hype possible, no?

Think about it, if RDJ produced this track, it's gonna be pretty different from others. Now listen to their albums if you have a chance, sorry. They have a distinct, almost homogenous style. They also wanted RDJ to make them a full album before. He rejected because of strict limitation in time. Why only one track now? Makes no sense, sorry.

Btw, Kanye West is more delicate than DA. He's the Medici family of today, sorry.

WHY SO MANY THREADS? WHAT, FIVE?

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There was a track similarly titled Evil Boy earlier in their discography. It was produced by Diplo, yet there was no mention of him in the title, a guest rapper Wanga got the feat. instead. So AFX isn't doing beats, sorry.

Not necessarily-- it could be an alt version, or "remix" of the original.... and we all know that aphex's remixes are complete reconstructions. I also dont think Die Antwoord are dumb enough to do something that would piss off the entire IDM/techno community, like hyping us up for no real reason. It would make them look like fools, and possibly lose a part of their fan base. It would be lame if it was just a "I Want Your Soul" sample in one part of the song or something but i highly doubt that. They seem more sophisticated than that. That's more along the lines of what Kanye West would do.

hmmm, im not saying i dont think its possible, just seems unlikely to me.. on the flipside, i guess if they think they can use it as a gimmick to gain like 10 million views or something on youtube, and make a quick buck, maybe. it just seems like it would do more harm than good, considering they already have respect from many niches... and make some pretty cool music and videos.. one wouldnt think they need to throw around the word aphex twin to get attention. At their level, I'd think they could just easily collab with like Ellie Goulding or try to get in touch with Kanye's team if they wanted to get the most attention/mainstream hype possible, no?

Think about it, if RDJ produced this track, it's gonna be pretty different from others. Now listen to their albums if you have a chance, sorry. They have a distinct, almost homogenous style. They also wanted RDJ to make them a full album before. He rejected because of strict limitation in time. Why only one track now? Makes no sense, sorry.

Btw, Kanye West is more delicate than DA. He's the Medici family of today, sorry.

Actually they were in the studio together trying to make an album, but Die Antwoord weren't getting what they needed from Aphex. So, a consolatory one track collaboration doesn't seem out of the question, and Diplo was very obviously featured on the other track, because he was involved in the video, and also mentioned in the interviews regarding the song. So, maybe the ft. wanga part was a business decision intended to promote their friend Wanga who was up and coming. If you are working with Aphex on a track you'll probably make sure it's clear as he is basically the fucking king. And as far as their style, I don't see it as a stretch to think Aphex could put something together with which they could work. Maybe that is why it has taken so long. We don't even know what their new album sounds like at all.

You speak as if you have the answers but you are speculating as well.

If the track is official and it ends up on iTunes, credits, etc, saying "ft. Aphex Twin", doesnt Aphex and his label have to give permission for that description and using his name? So if the track title ends up being itunes official, which I imagine it would be, wouldnt it seem like rdj would have had more creative involvement than just allowing a recycled sample of his?.. that is, if he gives permission... otherwise, there could be a lawsuit.

tbqh i think it would be very aphexy for him to have this long cock tease thing with die antwoord get everyone all riled up and confused, and then not be on that shit at all in the end. that would be a toplel aphex style.

imo

lol maybe yolandi, zef, and richard planned it all together just to mess with us

The end of February, so I guess nobody knows. I'm surprised there hasn't been a leak yet.

Oh, I didn't know they had said anything about the delay. Makes sense.

Archived