IGNORED

New Die Antwoord Single

o00o

could be a collab that track, sounds like afk$ synth's and the pusha's drums imo on first listen, i think they made a bunch of stuff togehter, i still suspect they are steinvord

also lol all that shit about he can't use the aphex twin monniker, isn't he about to use it right now? i don't think anyone owns shit about him.

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This subforum is in bad shape.

at first glance, yes..

but signs of upcoming afx releas-ery are everywhere...

from the likely die antwoord collab to the official aphex twin facebook selling tshirts to the.. well, i dont know, that may be about all we have but.. there's some kind of torque building here, i can sense it.

Yeah, I guess so, but still, you can't even fart in here without someone thinking it's a new track by rdj.

This subforum is in bad shape.

at first glance, yes..

but signs of upcoming afx releas-ery are everywhere...

from the likely die antwoord collab to the official aphex twin facebook selling tshirts to the.. well, i dont know, that may be about all we have but.. there's some kind of torque building here, i can sense it.

Releas-ery

Mmmmmm, I'm pondering this whilst I drink my coffer

could be a collab that track, sounds like afk$ synth's and the pusha's drums imo on first listen, i think they made a bunch of stuff togehter, i still suspect they are steinvord

also lol all that shit about he can't use the aphex twin monniker, isn't he about to use it right now? i don't think anyone owns shit about him.

It's one thing (and granted, I'm a bit out of my element here on the attributation issues) to say "featuring Aphex Twin" versus putting a release out under that name - this might skirt that issue (if there is one after all).

Until I see a track on iTunes stating as such, I think it's a publicity stunt and he has no involvement.

tbqh i think it would be very aphexy for him to have this long cock tease thing with die antwoord get everyone all riled up and confused, and then not be on that shit at all in the end. that would be a toplel aphex style.

imo

also "featuring" can mean lots of different things. Could just be their rap over an existing track, sampling one of his tracks, him contributing production to a track, etc.

Or even just a tribute?

A thought I have in my mind : 12-U_L_ B_ _ ft A_ _ _X T_ _ _ = Ugly Boy ft 'phex. If it's really "ugly boy", it may be a reference to the face he make in his album covers, why not? And the track may just be, as I said, a tribute to RDJ. Pure speculation I know, I know.

Ohh this is nat good guys. The 'phex is not ready to come back, I feel it :cry:

Something just occured to me, this song is probably going to be at the top of any Aphex Youtube search.. :unsure:

tbqh i think it would be very aphexy for him to have this long cock tease thing with die antwoord get everyone all riled up and confused, and then not be on that shit at all in the end. that would be a toplel aphex style.

imo

fyi tbqh IMO

imo

fyi tbqh imo probably

Ohh this is nat good guys. The 'phex is not ready to come back, I feel it :cry:

i wouldn't be surprised if he's been releasing tons of stuff on the sly. crisp binge 4 sounds strait out of death fuck (the craziest part extended for several minutes, awesomely). his sound isn't even disguised there. if he wanted to disguise his sound or release something that wouldn't be recognizable it wouldn't be difficult.

There was a track similarly titled Evil Boy earlier in their discography. It was produced by Diplo, yet there was no mention of him in the title, a guest rapper Wanga got the feat. instead. So AFX isn't doing beats, sorry.

There was a track similarly titled Evil Boy earlier in their discography. It was produced by Diplo, yet there was no mention of him in the title, a guest rapper Wanga got the feat. instead. So AFX isn't doing beats, sorry.

Not necessarily-- it could be an alt version, or "remix" of the original.... and we all know that aphex's remixes are complete reconstructions. I also dont think Die Antwoord are dumb enough to do something that would piss off the entire IDM/techno community, like hyping us up for no real reason. It would make them look like fools, and possibly lose a part of their fan base. It would be lame if it was just a "I Want Your Soul" sample in one part of the song or something but i highly doubt that. They seem more sophisticated than that. That's more along the lines of what Kanye West would do.

Not necessarily-- it could be an alt version, or "remix" of the original.... and we all know that aphex's remixes are complete reconstructions. I also dont think Die Antwoord are dumb enough to do something that would piss off the entire IDM/techno community, like hyping us up for no real reason. It would make them look like fools, and possibly lose a part of their fan base. It would be lame if it was just a "I Want Your Soul" sample in one part of the song or something but i highly doubt that. They seem more sophisticated than that. That's more along the lines of what Kanye West would do.

They would do precisely this at any chance, sorry.

They would do precisely this at any chance, sorry.

hmmm, im not saying i dont think its possible, just seems unlikely to me.. on the flipside, i guess if they think they can use it as a gimmick to gain like 10 million views or something on youtube, and make a quick buck, maybe. it just seems like it would do more harm than good, considering they already have respect from many niches... and make some pretty cool music and videos.. one wouldnt think they need to throw around the word aphex twin to get attention. At their level, I'd think they could just easily collab with like Ellie Goulding or try to get in touch with Kanye's team if they wanted to get the most attention/mainstream hype possible, no?

it just seems like it would be ill-advised, unprofessional, and a very unintelligent move... and they seem pretty self aware and know what theyre doing in terms of marketing.

Archived