IGNORED

CHAPPIE (2015)

vertsk8er419

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

how about ninja's acts of assholism? do we approve of that?

http://www.reddit.com/r/movies/comments/1x0kc5/die_antwoords_ninja_written_out_of_neill/

This almost certainly a marketing ploy. I've met ninja and yolandi several times and he was super gracious and nice. Blomkamp and ninja/yolandi have been long time friends for years. Wouldn't he know if ninja was a total ass and not want to work with him professionally? Die Antwoord is promoting this article on twitter. They want it to be seen. Either because Ninja is proud if being such an "asshole" or because this is a way to get people talking about the movie and ninja.

i don't think they'd be featuring ninja and yolandi so prominently in trailers if they had to be written out because they were assholes.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It wasn't until today that I was really looking forward to seeing this film. Rotten Tomatoes isn't the only source that gave it crap critic reviews either. And after reading that bit about Ninja, I'm getting the impression that Blomkamp regrets ever getting him involved. Plus Die Antwoord's last album sucked.

So I'm slamming the brakes at the last minute basically.

that article basically makes it sound like they had ninja in the movie, filmed every scene, except for what sounds like it was supposed to be the climactic scene of the thing, and for that one, most important scene, decided they were 'tired of his shit' or whatever, and not to have him in it... even though... hes... like the main antagonist...

this kind of thing does not bestow me with confidence in a film that has just came out. 'yeah so we decided that one of the main important guys was pissing us off so we hastily rewrote the ending so he wouldn't be in it.'

that kind of blows my mind. not only that they did that, but that they'd admit to it openly so that everyone could see that before going to maybe watch the thing, that the people who made this thing, actually aborted their own plans right at the end and slapped together something else. i almost have to wonder, if it really is a publicity stunt does that mean that ninja actually IS in the climax and this stuff is just a lie to fake you out, into thinking he isnt (which would be mildly retarded)? wtf. either way it seems pretty stupid.

ya know? i mean imagine like if in that shitty 3rd batman movie of nolans, just as it got released if this article came out with these statements from people involved in the film calling tom hardy a douchebag and saying how for the final fight scene between him and batman that they had planned, they had enough of his shit so they rewrote it so he wouldnt be in that part. bragging about how theyre all basically a bunch of fuck ups who fucked up a movie that was probably gonna be shitty anyway, basically. it makes no sense. someone please help me understand this. i dont even care about this robot movie, it looks ass anyway, i just wanna know how this makes sense at all and why these kind of people who make shit ass decisions get to be the ones blowing millions, and not me.

ya know? i mean imagine like if in that shitty 3rd batman movie of nolans, just as it got released if this article came out with these statements from people involved in the film calling tom hardy a douchebag and saying how for the final fight scene between him and batman that they had planned, they had enough of his shit so they rewrote it so he wouldnt be in that part.

That must be what happened with Marion Cotillard and why her death is so...ehm... sudden...

tumblr_mdoae79V8a1qgime3o1_500.gif

Will this have any effect on Alien 5? No, Fox desperately wants a shared Alien universe, and will stop at nothing to get it.

The Alien franchise:

Archived