IGNORED

The Caustic Window LP (CAT023) Kickstarter FAQ - LIVE NOW!

Joyrex

im curious how much the resale of the record will actually go for. will the scarcity factor be diminished once the music has been heard by everyone?

i dont know which album, but i know aphex released an LP with a lock of his hair in limited quantity

I don't know why people think that this endeavour will affect the potential selling price of the vinyl.

last I checked, the original pressings of the Boards of Canada records have kept their value, despite the recent mass repressings.

Indeed... and it might not just be the CWLP that is offered...

AB5 or maybe MFM, it can't be owt else, can it?

:trollface:

LOL your avatar goes so well with my response

im curious how much the resale of the record will actually go for. will the scarcity factor be diminished once the music has been heard by everyone?

i dont know which album, but i know aphex released an LP with a lock of his hair in limited quantity

I don't know why people think that this endeavour will affect the potential selling price of the vinyl.

last I checked, the original pressings of the Boards of Canada records have kept their value, despite the recent mass repressings.

To determine what's possible, one must discount everything that is impossible, which will leave only that which is possible.

I'm hoping that once this is at the studio, RDJ is there in spirit to nod appropriately and cast an ancient Cornish spell over the proceedings just to make sure it's all kosher.

We're not talking about a new Coldplay album here.

:trollface:

LOL your avatar goes so well with my response

To determine what's possible, one must discount everything that is impossible, which will leave only that which is quite good.

:biggrin:

i record that is only owned by 6 people is still a mega rare cool as shit record for a collector to have, even if everyone has heard the music, so i imagine its sale will be in the low thousands, at a guess.

just got the mail

Did everyone else receive an e-mail? Nothing for me yet.

I think Aphex Twin got pissed off with you, and told Joyrex to remove you from the kickstarter email distribution list

:(

just got the mail

Did everyone else receive an e-mail? Nothing for me yet.

I think Aphex Twin got pissed off with you, and told Joyrex to remove you from the kickstarter email distribution list

:(

oscilick, I heard Bleep are handling the digital distribution on this release. I'm sure you'll receive yours in a timely manner.

:emotawesomepm9:

Guest Gravity

BLEEP'S REVENGE

all of oscillik's records have been stolen, but by who? he looks in his closet and finds a note... "we hav all of ur rekkidz here at blep headquarters... if you want 'em back u'll need 2 send us 50000 pounds. will they make it thru the post? hehe ;)"

coming to a theater near you

Jorex. shut this fool up, and tell me it ain't so?

Yep, special oscilik digital release - transmitted over a 28 kbps modem, meta tagged as caustic window but actually a Chris Martin solo album.

Enjoy!

Guest Papillon

i record that is only owned by 6 people is still a mega rare cool as shit record for a collector to have, even if everyone has heard the music, so i imagine its sale will be in the low thousands, at a guess.

Yep I bet it'll sell for a lot, considering that 30 second BOC thing sold for several thousand. This is a whole album.

I wondered though... There is absolutely no chance this record could be bad right?

I figure if there is one track on the album like that dark track on AB5 it'll have been worth it.

Blrep

Guest Gravity

Yep I bet it'll sell for a lot, considering that 30 second BOC thing sold for several thousand. This is a whole album.

I wondered though... There is absolutely no chance this record could be bad right?

I figure if there is one track on the album like that dark track on AB5 it'll have been worth it.

Blrep

If you're into Caustic Window like we are, then yeah it's definitely going to be great. Can't help but feel a bunch of people who don't know everything about his releases are expecting some SAW 85-92 shit or something else even.

BLEEP'S REVENGE

all of oscillik's records have been stolen, but by who? he looks in his closet and finds a note... "we hav all of ur rekkidz here at blep headquarters... if you want 'em back u'll need 2 send us 50000 pounds. will they make it thru the post? hehe ;)"

coming to a theater near you

*greenlights for Speilberg to direct*

Jorex. shut this fool up, and tell me it ain't so?

Yep, special oscilik digital release - transmitted over a 28 kbps modem, meta tagged as caustic window but actually a Chris Martin solo album.

Enjoy!

they couldn't even manage that tbf

Guest Papillon

What does this mean? Is this in reference to that rumor about album art or something?

Creator James E. Thomas about 5 hours ago

Of course, you can (and should) make a backup copy... in fact, there even might be a semi-official solution to that very soon... stay tuned!

Blrep

If you're into Caustic Window like we are, then yeah it's definitely going to be great. Can't help but feel a bunch of people who don't know everything about his releases are expecting some SAW 85-92 shit or something else even.

Yeah but I think that review of the album by Mike P referenced Saw 85-92 several times. I was under the impression this was the 'lighter' side of caustic window more like j5 than j9...

there was alot of SAW85-92 "outtakes" that didn't make it to the album, some of them ended up on CAT023, Joyrex talked about it in an old watmm thread. So it's safe to say (if he's right) it's connected very closely to SAW85-92, atleast some of the tracks.

Guest Papillon

there was alot of SAW85-92 "outtakes" that didn't make it to the album, some of them ended up on CAT023, Joyrex talked about it in an old watmm thread. So it's safe to say (if he's right) it's connected very closely to SAW85-92, atleast some of the tracks.

Good to know - because that SAW 85-92 is a very nice record isn't it. I don't know why I even thought the album might not be great...

Guest Gravity

Yeah you guys are right, Mike P did say that. I didn't mean us tho, I meant the people who read the article on some music news site and just expected something different than Caustic. But yeah.

Erm, no - I never said any of the SAW85-92 "outtakes" ended up on CAT023 - I think you're confusing the Mike P interview I did with him about CAT023 where in his description of the tracks mentioned SAW85-92 era sounds. AFAIK, the CAT023 tracks are probably all what Richard considered to be "Caustic Window" tracks when he composed them, as he's said before he groups/classifies his tracks by his many aliases.

I was just refering to this post, from this thread http://forum.watmm.com/topic/68890-selected-ambient-works-85-92-as-it-was-created/page-2

"There were around 11 C-90 cassettes worth of tracks that Richard and his mates would play in their cars (he made multiple copies for his friends). Some of the tracks (most likely) ended up on CAT023 as mentioned above, and others may have evolved into other tracks... it's always interesting to see what musical ideas and experiments an artist has in mind, and then what becomes commercially viable or worthy of pressing. "

but reading that back, i see you were more speculating, sorry ;)