IGNORED

The Caustic Window LP (CAT023) Kickstarter FAQ - LIVE NOW!

Joyrex

I was just refering to this post, from this thread http://forum.watmm.com/topic/68890-selected-ambient-works-85-92-as-it-was-created/page-2

"There were around 11 C-90 cassettes worth of tracks that Richard and his mates would play in their cars (he made multiple copies for his friends). Some of the tracks (most likely) ended up on CAT023 as mentioned above, and others may have evolved into other tracks... it's always interesting to see what musical ideas and experiments an artist has in mind, and then what becomes commercially viable or worthy of pressing. "

but reading that back, i see you were more speculating, sorry ;)

Good post dude :)

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Papillon

To those wondering how the record sounds like, here are the three tracks we know of it:

Soooooo..... what does this LP sound like?

http://youtu.be/lcWRrzDtlBM

edit: phalps is fucking mental, love this stuff.

Well I like these but I also dig the softer sounding tracks on J5. On the romance tip...

This ones a bit slow I usually played at 45 pitched down as far as I could, so like 38-40 rpm was quite ideal.

It doesn't matter we're just speculating anyways, it's going to be awesome, it's pretty much a guarantee afaik

To those wondering how the record sounds like, here are the three tracks we know of it:

Soooooo..... what does this LP sound like?

http://youtu.be/lcWRrzDtlBM

edit: phalps is fucking mental, love this stuff.

I believe this is on CW LP as well.

[youtubehd]xHGjdZleMpM[/youtubehd]

It was an interesting era for him, 1985-1995. So many different styles being explored and invented. Knowing that he releases music sometimes years after making it, some Caustic tracks might be very old.

It was an interesting era for him, 1985-1995. So many different styles being explored and invented. Knowing that he releases music sometimes years after making it, some Caustic tracks might be very old.

can't wait...

Yup!

"Track 2) A very early track. One of the 1st he did. Childish squeaky acid line. Crap piano riff. Redeemed by lush strings & reverb on certain drum sounds, which might have indicated Here was a future talent. "

I hope there are more surprises than the semi official CD cover.

prepare for disappointment.

prepare for massive disappointment would be best

Edited by beerwolf