F u if you don't like beck's midnite vultures

BobDobalina

Midnight Vultures  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Midnight Vultures?

• Mixing Business with Leather
    • Homegirl's on the line, but yr daddy's off the hook
    • I can smell the VD in the club tonight

Bah, Midnight Vultures is pure toss whether you put a novelty label on it or not. He should have recorded and not released it if he felt the need to get that out of his system.

Thank you for saying that.

Bah, this album rules. So much so that I invite ye'alls to meet me outside DMX style. Seriously there's more creativity per bpm on display here from start to finish than 98% of your desert island discogs list. To dismiss it as silly or cheesy or whatever else you've named the bug up your butt is shortsighted and you fail to appreciate the absurdist brilliance therein.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hate this album because it sounds bad. I can appreciate the humor and such, but it's just not a good-sounding album. Nearly every track on the record is annoying as hell. But, it's just my opinion. I'm the guy who thinks Mellow Gold is his best album, and really adores The Information.

i only ever got odelay, mellow gold, and mutations. i still LIKED beck but for whatever reason just didn't CARE enough to buy any of his stuff after that

sometimes i think about going back and checking it out but im a different person now and i don't know if i'd enjoy it so much anymore

wtf are people doing on this forum if they don't think get real paid is a fuckin awesome production with more on the ball than 99% of anything made ever?

sometimes u people....

edit: srivi over here but this album is great. we like to ride on executive planesssssszzzzzzzz

good thread. this album is wicked. probably my most played beck album. forgot the name of it but that electro tune about 3 in is so dope

but the overall vibe is excellent <3 Beck

Guest White Mask

Midnite Vultures was a superb album at the time, still has a place in my heart.

Like this track, to me it just sounds like the finale of 90's music, which is apt considering it came out late '99.

I think not liking this album is a tragic symptom of these boards, where dogmatic spells from the idm man make you wear turtle necks and live with your mom well into your thirties

This sounds funky to me, but not like funk funky. More like someone left the garbage can open on a hot summer day funky.

This sounds funky to me, but not like funk funky. More like someone left the garbage can open on a hot summer day funky.

It's Monday morning left over vomit in the hamper funky.

'I know you really want it

'Cause your daddy's always on it

And he knows just how to flaunt it

He got pictures in his wallet

And he wanna be your lover

Does he look just like my mother

Does he cover you like butter

And just leave you in the gutter'

It's pure gold.

Archived