IGNORED

June 2014 - "New Shit Is Imminent" - Richard D. James

Joyrex

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

*crosses off asking Richard to do a AMA on WATMM*

"crosses off" meaning that's been checkmarked on your bucket list as in you just asked him, or meaning that you just gave up on that idea entirely?

***continuously refreshes watmm.com main page waiting to see a new thread pop up at the top saying something like "RDJ Agrees to Q&A on WATMM"***

you could retire on the sign up money if that AMA happened (bump it up to 10 dollars, heh*), probably crash the servers too if you weren't prepared. I'll pretend to be richard for two hundred bucks a day, "you're all a bunch of slags, i am one with the universe, fuck off klopjob, anchio is prince i'm revealing it now sorry mate, i has cat too so we are kind of the same i guess well except for the fact that i'm richard and all of your bass, drums and acid belongs to me, no releases in your now as my definition of imminent is that they exist and have always existed and if you live long enough you'll hear everything in your timeline as a giant *.rar,, no i won't do a gig at your wife's sister's niece in law's bat mitzvah ! mazel tov though, yes i did used to post here not anymore though left sometime after the batcocks became flaccid".

/sorry, he's a bit behind on his internet memes let alone the watmm ones, probably explains his penchant for playing ancient dance music at his gigs. ;-p

Guest skibby

i respect how he deals with the fame bit. lay low and dont answer calls from Idol tv shows or represent self online.

yeah, i think any sensible person would probably want to avoid the limelight for the worst aspects of it. Someone mentioned that he'd achieved a good balance, somewhere between being popular and esteemed enough to be able to keep working whenever he wants within a decent pay grade, whilst being able to stay underneath the radar of the tabloid celebrity shite that goes on. Enviable position really.

... my definition of imminent is that they exist and have always existed and if you live long enough you'll hear everything in your timeline as a giant *.rar,,

etc

oh man thats like the best possible heavy hardcore troll thing rich could do delet. in fact its so perfect i hope he sees that idea and does it....

that is- put all of his unreleased everything in a rar or rars, with like a 40 character, totally random password. and then announce it as his 'release of new shit' or whatever, with a link to the file(s). but no password. ever.

Guest skibby

will it be a music video, a vinyl LP, a cd, a digital download, opera, thumb drive, ?

rephlex webshop/bandcamp/itunes or some other distributor?

?theories

so does that mean that u asked him 2 do an ama? Or that you wont cause we are all 2 damn hyerped

Exaiiiiiite!!!!!

... my definition of imminent is that they exist and have always existed and if you live long enough you'll hear everything in your timeline as a giant *.rar,,

etc

oh man thats like the best possible heavy hardcore troll thing rich could do delet. in fact its so perfect i hope he sees that idea and does it....

that is- put all of his unreleased everything in a rar or rars, with like a 40 character, totally random password. and then announce it as his 'release of new shit' or whatever, with a link to the file(s). but no password. ever.

oh god, what have i done ! People will have to harness the processing power of the fabric of the universe itself to crack the password, either that or get the nsa on the case (once they've been retooled as a processing hub for scientific endeavours of worth to humanity), heh, either way it may take a while.

Guest skibby

that sounds like some strong encryption yes, but it would be more secure if he released blank songs and one would need to compose them exactly right, sample for sample, in order to hear it.

that sounds like some strong encryption yes, but it would be more secure if he released blank songs and one would need to compose them exactly right, sample for sample, in order to hear it.

LOL

lushen up that pad

drop the bass 15 degrees

And this is the forum that makes fun of Twoism.

our posts are decidedly less creepy.

You clearly haven't been to the Aphex subforum then.

Here are just some threads titles from there:

100% proof that Aphex Twin IS The Tuss, and was possibly never married

Rare pics of RDJ

Is Richard left or right handed?

How would you pronounce Richard>?

A PGP message to AFX

Open letter to Aphex Twin & AFX

Sealed letter to Aphex Twin & Afx

Open Letter 2 Richard D. James

Awesome Aphex Twin moments

Aphex Twin buys beer

Aphex twin buys bread

I fully expect a thread for organizing an Aphex mass suicide meetup, showing up there any day.

eh most of these threads are just funny, what's creepy about humour?

New shit is imminent all the time. Just look at this thread, for instance. And I'm glad to add some shit to it as well, btw.

Imminently yours *groins*,

Mr. Shit

*splashing toilet sounds*

I'm just excited he has a collection of material he feels strongly enough about to drop under this moniker after such a long hiatus.

for some reason i've always though he's keep the best material for himself,

this wouldn't be surprising,

but times are different then the 2000s, he needs to unleash some tunes one day or another,

Richard, please unleash your ambient collection!

Guest Atom Dowry Firth

so does that mean that u asked him 2 do an ama? Or that you wont cause we are all 2 damn hyerped

And this is the forum that makes fun of Twoism.

our posts are decidedly less creepy.

You clearly haven't been to the Aphex subforum then.

Here are just some threads titles from there:

100% proof that Aphex Twin IS The Tuss, and was possibly never married

Rare pics of RDJ

Is Richard left or right handed?

How would you pronounce Richard>?

A PGP message to AFX

Open letter to Aphex Twin & AFX

Sealed letter to Aphex Twin & Afx

Open Letter 2 Richard D. James

Awesome Aphex Twin moments

Aphex Twin buys beer

Aphex twin buys bread

I fully expect a thread for organizing an Aphex mass suicide meetup, showing up there any day.

eh most of these threads are just funny, what's creepy about humour?

Haha.. Fanboy rationalization:

Stalking = humour

:wink:

That list is ill conceived and not representative of the aphex twin sub forum. It's only purpose was humour. Many of the threads listed were created only recently due to some joke trip that 2-3 members seems to be on throughout every forum on watmm and each of these threads was not active for long nor well populated with posts. I will not except these salacious allegations against the good name of the sad denizens of this subforum ! Amongst whom i count myself a proud loser member.

Archived