IGNORED

EDM C2 / D4 / E1

calx

Guest jasondonervan

I wonder if Grant/Jodey/Richard/??? are updating all the order numbers with the watumm names. One 'quite good' slur too many and it's refundsville for you.

• Replies 757
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seeing the recent EDM bandcamp, I'm pretty safe using 'quite good' as judgement about anything ever achieved by rephlex hq. Which is actually a quite astute statement, i believe.

C2 does sound really different from the previous volumes.Repeating myself here but just can’t get enough of D4 snippets. Desperately wanting these in my shelf! I know that the chances are close to nil but I really hope there would be some small CD edition at some point for us format handicapped people plus for those who might have missed this in the first place. Like Calx pointed out couldn’t they provide a chance to see if there was interest enough? Especially now when they are collecting the money beforehand they’ve got nothing to lose. If there isn’t an interest enough then… well too bad.

On a side note, is this the new morphed Rephlex style of releasing stuff that Joyrex hinted about or just some one-off experiment? Is SRD out of the picture for good? Shame for those who have yet to discover new Rephlex releases if they all will be limited editions. Nevertheless, excited that new stuff is coming out and EDM saga continues. Apologies for the whining. Don’t want to spoil the fun from others.

Guest Tristan

Yeah, i wonder if all the albums will eventually be available in all 4 formats (lp, cd, ?, compact cassette). Quite intrigued by the way Rephlex seems to morph into something new and exciting quietly in the shadows of the Syro media circus. Been listening to those clips a lot lately, some truly great stuff in there imho.

For me vinyl is favourite, but i use all formats. Curious about the 3rd format btw (Dvd? Usb?..)

Yeah, i wonder if all the albums will eventually be available in all 4 formats (lp, cd, ?, compact cassette). Quite intrigued by the way Rephlex seems to morph into something new and exciting quietly in the shadows of the Syro media circus. Been listening to those clips a lot lately, some truly great stuff in there imho.

For me vinyl is favourite, but i use all formats. Curious about the 3rd format btw (Dvd? Usb?..)

tape

My guess is that there will be only one format per release and after a while they will show up in bandcamp. Of course it would be great if these all came out on CD and vinyl and everybody would be super-pleased, but I’m not really sure if Grant and Co. have resources to do that. Maybe if there will be more of solo EDM stuff in the future they could put some of the previously released tracks on them. Well, that would be like compilation of compilations so maybe a stupid idea. In spite of my ranting Rephlex has always tried to put out releases on multiple formats so I’ve to give them credit for that. For instance I appreciate much of what they did with Photodementia. I was quite sure that I would never get them so I’m really grateful for Fig.04c. Really hoping that the Steinvord stuff would also get the same treatment at some point.

What I can’t really understand with Rephlex is that if being a record label shouldn’t you try to sell as much units as possible or something? Especially now with CWLP and Syro there would be some growing interest towards Rephlex and so they decided to put down their website (or was it broken?). Now the only way to get information is Grant’s Facebook which isn’t even a public profile. Couldn’t they make own public FB profile for the label? But then again if it’s only Grant alone has he energy or time to put more effort to the label…Maybe Joyrex could spread some light about the subject?

Guest Tristan

So i've been reading into this a bit (i shouldn't have) and the general consensus seems to be that everything on the label is by Jodey Kendrick. So therefore it is: various artists = various JK aliases? That'd be truly impressive because there is such a broad range of musical styles yet everything sounds spot on. Not to mention the amount of tracks, especially if one figures that there are supposedly 26 albums coming up. That would take being prolific to the next level. On the other hand various artists could simply mean various artists. Either way i'm looking very forward to this, both for the club and for home/ walkman/ car listening

So i've been reading into this a bit (i shouldn't have) and the general consensus seems to be that everything on the label is by Jodey Kendrick. So therefore it is: various artists = various JK aliases? That'd be truly impressive because there is such a broad range of musical styles yet everything sounds spot on. Not to mention the amount of tracks, especially if one figures that there are supposedly 26 albums coming up. That would take being prolific to the next level. On the other hand various artists could simply mean various artists. Either way i'm looking very forward to this, both for the club and for home/ walkman/ car listening

Aphex releases all his older sounding, essy listening songs with the EDM series so that he can focus on his innovative, futuristic approach to music with Syro and his next Aphex Twin albums.

It's Jodey and his wife. They are very prolific indeed.

I once met Jodey and his wife. They said they were Richard's son and daughter. They faked their wedding ceremony with Aphex DJing. They're no more than 12 years old. Can you imagine how good they will sound 10 years from now?

So I haven't really been keeping track of all this EDM business, but all I really need to know is: Has this tune come out at any point?

No it hasn't. If you want to know these Jidomatix tracks have been / will be released

A2: PH Lop (Previously Phox)

B2: GM

C2 : Porch

D4 : Rouse, Tengemuõa, Ivinghoe Beacon

White Lion is definitely on of my faves. Also Bit Victor and Archive are beast tracks of those that haven't been released! Really hoping that these three would end up on the next EDM CD release so I wouldn't have to wreck WATMM's nerves for good. :biggrin:

I noticed that the EDM C2 PRE10 is missing. If you feel lucky maybe it's White Lion...

Archived