IGNORED

WATMM travel thread

usagi

Going to book a flight to Delhi or Lima for winter.

Just a 10 day jaunt in posh hotels in some third world country is all I want. Been to India before and can't wait [omg can't wait] to go back many times so 1 week in Delhi [only did Mumbai before] will be enough for a chilled out break but also for several reasons will be going to Peru at least once in the next year so should really go for longer [if I could get the time of work] but fuckit , either will be amazing and short trips to far away destinations should not be sniffed at [won't cost much more than the equivalent 10 days in Europe.

Can't wait to have a posh bed and posh bathroom and hotel breakfast buffets and just relax somewhere that in 5 minutes I can walk out into a pit of insanity and eat crazy cuisine and soak it all in before going back to put on a fresh bath robe and watch TV.

Few short drives out into the surrounding country to go up a hill or something. Love the transition from urban to mountains and back, don't need to make a month of it imo.

INDIA-147.jpg

INDIA-16.jpg

Going to book a flight to Delhi or Lima for winter.

Just a 10 day jaunt in posh hotels in some third world country is all I want. Been to India before and can't wait [omg can't wait] to go back many times so 1 week in Delhi [only did Mumbai before] will be enough for a chilled out break but also for several reasons will be going to Peru at least once in the next year so should really go for longer [if I could get the time of work] but fuckit , either will be amazing and short trips to far away destinations should not be sniffed at [won't cost much more than the equivalent 10 days in Europe.

Can't wait to have a posh bed and posh bathroom and hotel breakfast buffets and just relax somewhere that in 5 minutes I can walk out into a pit of insanity and eat crazy cuisine and soak it all in before going back to put on a fresh bath robe and watch TV.

Few short drives out into the surrounding country to go up a hill or something. Love the transition from urban to mountains and back, don't need to make a month of it imo.

INDIA-147.jpg

INDIA-16.jpg

WATMM meetup if you make it Delhi sir!

• 1 month later...

5 days in Beijing, 5 days in North Korea, 6 days in Seoul done. Now doing 2 weeks in Burma and 1 week in Japan.

One lost suitcase and a few days of using moisturizer as deodorant in North Korea were the low points so far lol.

5 days in Beijing, 5 days in North Korea, 6 days in Seoul done. Now doing 2 weeks in Burma and 1 week in Japan.

One lost suitcase and a few days of using moisturizer as deodorant in North Korea were the low points so far lol.

bah. You're using moisturizer as deodorant vs them using nothing as deodorant. Chen 1, Asia 0.

(seriously though, during my travels deodorant wasn't even a thing for the locals. They wanted you to smell what they have been eating for the last couple weeks heh)

Just spent 5 days in Ireland into my fourth day in Scotland. Got a couple more days in Edinburgh before we start driving south into England. Seen many amazing sights both natural and man-made. Driving surface roads in Ireland is fucking insane. Don't know how everyone hasn't killed each other yet

bah. You're using moisturizer as deodorant vs them using nothing as deodorant. Chen 1, Asia 0.

(seriously though, during my travels deodorant wasn't even a thing for the locals. They wanted you to smell what they have been eating for the last couple weeks heh)

I don't particularly care about others' odors, but I fucking stink like a rancid dogs ass after a few days with no deodorant.

(Pro tip: moisturizer doesn't work)

• 2 weeks later...

Last day in Yangon, sad to leave. Seriously love it here. Off to Japan tomorrow with a 6 am flight. What the fuck was I thinking when I booked that flight??!!

I don't particularly care about others' odors, but I fucking stink like a rancid dogs ass after a few days with no deodorant.

(Pro tip: moisturizer doesn't work)

don't they have showers ? + some kind of bathroom surfactant.

Yes yes but after a few hours slogging around in hot weather with no clean clothes it starts to accumulate

Oh and North Korea makes Myanmar look like a land of freedom and endless wealth.

I mean things are bad in Myanmar, but at least shit kind of works.

Unrelated: my 6am flight this working was delayed 4 hours. Of course the notification through Expedia came while I was in the shower at 4 am. FML.

Stuck in Bangkok airport for a few extra hours...not really enough time to get out into the city. Boo-urns.

3 weeks of honeymoon travel complete. flew into dublin spent roughly 5 days there, flew over to scotland and was there for about 6 days before driving down into england and hopping around there for the remainder of the trip. a few driving close calls but no accidents. irish roads are nuts. favorite cities were probably galway, glasgow and paris.

pissed i never actually got to pet a sheep