IGNORED

Star Wars Episode VII *MAJOR SPOILERS*

Rubin Farr

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Theres a lot of spoilers over at r/starwarsleaks on Reddit including audio from some of the major scenes

Massive Spoiler:

They've got audio of the Han death scene and it sounds really well done to me, the interplay between the actors is great imho

Movie was really good. Fuck the cold-peeing haters.

Do not read spoiler if have not seen!

Was Han's death earned or was it shite?

Yeah I don't really know about that yet. Execution did feel a bit gratuitous but I guess it works well as a symbol.

Anyway this movie is so many leagues ahead the prequels George Lucas should be ashamed.

Just watched a video rip of this particular scene. Pretty Obi-wan v. Vader from EP4. Does JJ rip more scenes from the originals throughout this flick?

I liked how Chewie stood in for Luke

Snoke does feel kind of rubbish though

very disappointed in the character design. Just looks like shit in every iteration. Don't get how during an early critique nobody said, "hey...JJ...that dude looks like complete shit & laughably retarded"..."handicapped".

yeah the cgi there was a little crappy..

Watched a clip with snoke. Actually, he didn't look as bad as some of the concept art I've seen. I stand corrected.

CGI did look dodgy though. Kinda like those prometheus engineer holograms. But, it was recorded from a phone, so not sure if I'm seeing it correctly.

it was basically the only time i thought the cgi was noticeably iffy. he looked cold and sweaty like moist textures on the ps3 look with the bloom turned up and all. they were defs pretty light on the cgi in this one though, which I think is a good call as overuse of cgi was one of the many things that brought the prequels down.

wonder if the scene was changed after the fact. Possibly snoke being protrayed in a different way, but JJ didn't like that & redid it with CGI? Seems strange from what I've seen visually to dropping the ball there. But, didn't serkis do motion capture for this? so I guess it was meant to be that way...whatevs

I just don't like the fact they made Captain Phasma a woman just because people were complaining there were no major female characters in the movie - except, you know, Rey and Leia, which is typically 1 more than all the other Star Wars movies had.

what difference does it make whether she's a woman or not? it's a silly space nonsense movie filled with silly nonsensical aliens, why would having a female imperial soldier be in any way odd?

That's just it - it doesn't - I feel like they were pandering to the folks complaining, and instead should have left things as they were.

This is the first time I've even seen her interviewed so far

I just don't like the fact they made Captain Phasma a woman just because people were complaining there were no major female characters in the movie - except, you know, Rey and Leia, which is typically 1 more than all the other Star Wars movies had.

even if they did, which i think is true, who cares? it takes me maybe 1 second to consider having a high ranking evil female character in star wars and think "yeah seems legit"

you sound fucking sexist lol

If the character was envisioned as female to begin with, that's fine - but don't go changing character gender just to satisfy some imaginary requirement that there is an equitable balance of va-jay-jays versus pee-peens.

jesus fucking christ leave it to middle-aged white men to fucking COMPLAIN about diversity lol wtf i literally cannot wrap my mind around this

LOL, I love how you assume I'm white... and if you read what I wrote (several times), I'm not complaining about the diversity - I'm complaining how these knee-jerk reactions to people complaining about a perceived lack of it.

I think (discussing one of the movie's biggest spoilers)

Han's death is very anticlimactic - here is a major character, and his (alleged) son kills him? I hope they go into this more in the next film, because I can't believe it's just boom-dead.

I strongly suspect Harrison Ford made that a proviso of him doing the film, similar to how he wanted Lucas to kill off Han in Empire/Jedi. It's a shame, because out of all the returning characters (Luke excluded, since his role is more prominent in the next film), he was the strongest performance.

I think (discussing one of the movie's biggest spoilers)

Han's death is very anticlimactic - here is a major character, and his (alleged) son kills him? I hope they go into this more in the next film, because I can't believe it's just boom-dead.

I strongly suspect Harrison Ford made that a proviso of him doing the film, similar to how he wanted Lucas to kill off Han in Empire/Jedi. It's a shame, because out of all the returning characters (Luke excluded, since his role is more prominent in the next film), he was the strongest performance.

From watching that scene only, it did seem a pretty shite way to go out. But, there was this pause when the saber was thrust between kylo & him & then he touched kylos face. Was there some kind of jedi mind connection shite going on? Kylo thanks him & over the railing... will there be some reveal in the final 2 chapters about that moment, or am i reading too much into it. Anyone whos seen the film have any thoughts. Or was that just showing some begotten love Han still has for his son?

All right--question for those of you who've seen it (might see it tonight, and just really curious about this):

What is Luke's role in this thing? Does he just show up in the last five minutes or what?

waaahhh, I wanna read the spoilers and join in the fun, but no way in hell im watching this in a cinema. blah. They should release stuff for online download at the same time as cinema release, heh, it took until the intervention of the Internet for the movie business to release films simultaneously across the globe, with Australian cinema goers being sometimes months behind. But we are still stuck with the movie companies not wanting to piss off the cinema owners, well that and they probably sell more dvds when there's a gap between cinema opening and when the bluray hits store shelves. It's gonna happen though, just let me pay seven dollars for an eight to forteen gig file with no DRM on it and release it when the film goes live and we'll be good.

All right--question for those of you who've seen it (might see it tonight, and just really curious about this):

What is Luke's role in this thing? Does he just show up in the last five minutes or what?

pretty much.

pretty much.

:trap::facepalm::catrage::catnope::wtf:

:boc::trollface:

Just watched a video rip of this particular scene. Pretty Obi-wan v. Vader from EP4. Does JJ rip more scenes from the originals throughout this flick?

I liked how Chewie stood in for Luke

from what I can tell

the entire movie is very similar to episode IV

waaahhh, I wanna read the spoilers and join in the fun, but no way in hell im watching this in a cinema. blah. They should release stuff for online download at the same time as cinema release, heh, it took until the intervention of the Internet for the movie business to release films simultaneously across the globe, with Australian cinema goers being sometimes months behind. But we are still stuck with the movie companies not wanting to piss off the cinema owners, well that and they probably sell more dvds when there's a gap between cinema opening and when the bluray hits store shelves. It's gonna happen though, just let me pay seven dollars for an eight to forteen gig file with no DRM on it and release it when the film goes live and we'll be good.

If you want to read a very well-written breakdown of the movie by scene - it will pretty much spoil the entire movie for you plot-wise: http://spoilerboard.blogspot.com/2015/12/spoilerboard-v33-force-awakens-movie.html

Archived