IGNORED

Guess what the new shit is

YangYing

With the amount of time it will take Richard to do his part, I suspect we're looking at early 2015, which might coincide nicely with another unannounced item... we'll see - in retrospect, I should have remained completely silent on this until more details were fleshed out so I could gauge the scope and enormity of it, which would have made me realise immediately this wasn't going to happen this year.

Are you sure you been talking to Rich JR & not being catfished like Manti Te'o?

I don't know Rich, but it seems like he would have grown bored with this shimminence & said fuck it by now.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It'll be a VHS tape of Richard giving a guided tour of his studio and a masterclass tutorial on his composition process. He's been making copies of the tape all this time so there will be enough to go around, but all the copies have been replicated in sequence so they get progressively shittier. The majority will be completely unwatchable.

Some advice JR for the future, keep your mouth shut until there are actually tangible news and announce it only when you actually have the thing, whatever it may be. I am getting tired of dropping hints and promises that ultimately lead to nothing or something at a much later date than initially said. (this is not specifically a dig at you, just how things usually are today on the internets *coughechospace*). Not that I am itching to know whatever it is, it'll appear whenever.

I don't mind the massively drawn-out build up. I mean Richard wants to do something cool for the fans and we are hearing about it before the fact, so that's pretty cool. Besides that it was obviously unintentionally announced too early, he initially expected it done by now but it wasn't.

So I don't know, I think it's pretty cool. Looking forward to hearing what it is.

BRING IT ON!!!!

It'll be a VHS tape of Richard giving a guided tour of his studio and a masterclass tutorial on his composition process. He's been making copies of the tape all this time so there will be enough to go around, but all the copies have been replicated in sequence so they get progressively shittier. The majority will be completely unwatchable.

This sounds about right

With the amount of time it will take Richard to do his part, I suspect we're looking at early 2015, which might coincide nicely with another unannounced item... we'll see - in retrospect, I should have remained completely silent on this until more details were fleshed out so I could gauge the scope and enormity of it, which would have made me realise immediately this wasn't going to happen this year.

Aphex Christmas advent calendar 2015? :w00t:

Aphex Christmas advent calendar 2015? :w00t:

It will be a Christmas advent calender in Aphex scale, you open one window every year until 2039.

I don't know Rich, but it seems like he would have grown bored with this shimminence & said fuck it by now.

I have no doubt - WARP got in touch with me about it since we're all working together on it (the original thing that is).

I imagine with Richard, and the scope of what he's got to do for this thing to get off the ground, he's probably super busy with that, making music, dealing with his kids and wife, etc. - I couldn't imagine me doing it and I don't even have a time-consuming pursuit like music making!

I have no doubt - WARP got in touch with me about it since we're all working together on it (the original thing that is).

I imagine with Richard, and the scope of what he's got to do for this thing to get off the ground, he's probably super busy with that, making music, dealing with his kids and wife, etc. - I couldn't imagine me doing it and I don't even have a time-consuming pursuit like music making!

Hey just out of curiosity, what are you guys working on? :squarepusher:

Well, Richard has to go through all his... HEY, WAIT A MINUTE! :rolleyes:

Photographs? Probably trying to find his favorite one of him in the tank to use as his profile photo when he posts here right?

oh shit, im pretty sure its his entire trackography on tapes, cassetes, dats, cds, computers, toilet papers and vhss

must be really time consuming and hard, for all that years, with so many versions of same tracks

and he is going through all his collection for some reason.... :catnope:

fuck me sideways

Archived