IGNORED

People's reaction to hearing Aphex Twin for the first time

jhonny

I reckon a reaction vid to druqks would have been more interesting, iunno.

or come to daddy.

how do we know what they were playing? may not have been Syro, that's just what we heard. Unless it was stated somewhere, I didn't look all that closely

or come to daddy.

how do we know what they were playing? may not have been Syro, that's just what we heard. Unless it was stated somewhere, I didn't look all that closely

I assume it was Syro since that was the music on the video, u might be right tho, who knows!

edit: btw anyone knows what happened to that Natalie Portman vid where she listens to ziggomatic? was that watmm?

or come to daddy.

the radio show said "his weirdest songs", so could have been anything really..

.. and fucking zole at that dreads guy, jesus christ

I'd be like "meh", because his kinda Acid route is just plain and sheerest averagism.

They should have presented Ventolin, some Daddy or Hangable Auto Bulb stuff. But not that boring crap.

Good reminder, that I still have to listen to Syro properly. I already found a nice moment in it!

Preferred Shosta and Thom Yorke since Syro came out.

Dmitri>Thom>Richard

Every Aphex-naive person I've ever encountered has always said "video game music" after anything I play them. They're not wrong but I always wince a bit because it sells RDJ short in my eyes. Then again, #justneckbeardthings

same...

except for my gf who always expects something frightening when i show her afx musics. i don't blame her though, first thing i show to her was 'rubber johnny' (no pun intended) and literally made her feel really bad. probably is just cunningham's fault anyway.

overall i think people not accustomed to electronic sounds ("texture" in musical terms) just hear an overload of noises and can't really take apart any other musical content (chords, etc.).

Archived