IGNORED

noyzelab - 16x16 Cell Meditations

Guest jasondonervan

Guest jasondonervan

Dave Noyze bizness!

noyzelab - 16x16 Cell Meditations

Edition of 50 hand-numbered copies on MEDS (bandcamp)

10th November 2014 (shipping around 15th Nov)

A: 16x16 NEURON CELL MEDITATION (44:04)
B: 16x16 TONE CELL MEDITATION (43:59)

0003938987_10.jpg

0003938982_10.jpg

"This cassette tape of electronically produced meditation drones has been precisely composed and engineered for listening, relaxing and formal meditation practice (movement or stationary). It is not advisable to play this tape while driving or operating heavy machinery, or any other activity that requires you to concentrate on the task at hand. No responsibility or liability is accepted for use or misuse of this material in any way whatsoever.

Recommended for fans of Eliane Radigue, Phill Niblock, La Monte Young, Evol, Kevin Drumm, Eleh, Hecker etc.

David Burraston is an artist/scientist involved in technology and electronic music since the late 1970s. He had an innovative role in the foremost UK telco’s R&D laboratory (BT Research Laboratories) in diverse areas such as Artificial Life, Complex Systems, Virtual Reality, Spatial Audio and Information Visualisation. He was part of the team that designed and built 'The Wires' installations at The WIRED Lab. His PhD thesis developed and applied fundamental new concepts, arising out of generative music practice, to a key problem in complex systems. He has been operating Noyzelab as an independent art/science music studio since 1981.

Instruments : Hinton Music Lab Modular (processing), Noyzelab Custom 4 Voice Microtonal Drone Oscillators (0.01Hz resolution sound source)

Recorded at Noyzelab Studio, September 2013"

Part two of the Aphex interview also includes some very neat stuff about his own projects which got me interested (I haven't heard it before). I think this is right up my alley!

Ordering, thanks for the heads up JD

check out his work for Cataclyst :

http://www.discogs.com/label/107980-Cataclyst

there are some other Rephlex-related artists on there (Peter Green), one by Chris douglas under an alias and some other goodies as well ;)

I have all 3 of his releases off the label and they are all quite different. This new one seems a lot more on the minimal side than what he's previously put out

edit: wanted to make sure I wasn't undercutting Meds in anyway since I'm excited by the prospect of the new label, i believe it's started by one of the people who ran Icasea (possibly wrong info). also just remembered they put out a Chris Douglas release as well, the amazing Seas 4xCD set

Guest jasondonervan

edit: wanted to make sure I wasn't undercutting Meds in anyway since I'm excited by the prospect of the new label, i believe it's started by one of the people who ran Icasea (possibly wrong info). also just remembered they put out a Chris Douglas release as well, the amazing Seas 4xCD set

I think it's Tom Knapp behind Meds.

anybody heard the full release yet? thoughts?

edit: nm i just saw that the digital is only out once the tape ships

edit 2: in case anyone was looking for a lengthier taste of what's (prob) in store

https://soundcloud.com/cataclyst/noyzelab-8x8-metal-cell-meditation

Received the tape this afternoon and I'm at the end of the second track. First track had little to no dynamic or variations, but works perfect as background brainfloss. Second track was lush. Not really for 'relaxing' though, a bit too harsh for that imo.

Part two of the Aphex interview also includes some very neat stuff about his own projects which got me interested (I haven't heard it before). I think this is right up my alley!

Ordering, thanks for the heads up JD

check out his work for Cataclyst :

http://www.discogs.com/label/107980-Cataclyst

there are some other Rephlex-related artists on there (Peter Green), one by Chris douglas under an alias and some other goodies as well ;)

I have all 3 of his releases off the label and they are all quite different. This new one seems a lot more on the minimal side than what he's previously put out

Cheers :beer: good to see I can find most of their releases on Bandcamp

edit: I see you're on there too, nice one :)! No digital version of that? Would like to check that out!

This is excellent. Scratching that Radigue itch for sure. Bought!

The previews actually remind me of your Porous Variations 3xCD release I bought a few years back.

Wow, I could see that! I actually recorded that before ever being exposed to microtonal stuff like Radigue. I should dig that album out, haven't listened in ages.

• 4 months later...

Dave Noyze aka Noyzelab will be performing a set in Oakland on Saturday 4/4

at 4:00pm - 6:30pm

RATSKIN records and VAMP music art consignment present...
APRIL 4th - Matinee show at VAMP records - Oakland

ZEEK SHECK
NOYZELAB
404 NOT FOUND

4-6pm . !!!

VAMP music • art • consignment
331 19th St, Oakland, California 94612

Archived