IGNORED

Drukqs is truly a modern masterpiece.

Guest Snazzell

Short example of a mind blowing Drum part in Ziggomatic 17 

Quick crazy flanger/rewinding fx on hihats, hihats increasing 4 times and then Closed hihat x2 and open hihat x1 repeating that 4 times before it dies out completely. 

Pure perfection :aphexsign:

• Like 6

On 4/26/2022 at 9:00 PM, thefxbip said:

It still there but never to the same level than in the break tracks like Omgyjya-Switch7.

end bit of that track is so awesome, I want hours and hours of that sound..

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, MIXL2 said:

end bit of that track is so awesome, I want hours and hours of that sound..

Yeah its great, sounds like how I imagine getting ECT would feel like. The swings from aggressive hard beats to moments of sweet melodies leading up to it are so good too

On 4/26/2022 at 7:19 AM, Summon Dot E X E said:

You sure about that?

Yes I'm sure. I was referring to his musical progressions, I know he still made drilling noisy experimental and techno pre y2k, esp minimal stuff with mostly drums and bass and some samples. 

But when it comes to tracks he put out that had musical progressions, (which doesn't include Elephant lol), they were usually classical-inspired in nature at least imo (or at least derivative via the epic/euphoric trance or symphonic/ progressive electronica that was big at the time. Everything from RDJ album to HAB to AB1, AB3, ICBYD, Come to Daddy EP, and of course both SAW lps, all had good amounts of standout tracks with the kind of stuff I'm referring to. He even mentioned in an interview at the time how much he liked strings too, not that that implies much but ya know.

On 4/28/2022 at 2:24 AM, Zephyr_Nova said:

This album prob inspired me more than any other to make mental drill 'n' bass type shit.  Perfect time to jump on that train, right as it was going out.  Was fun though.

I remember really liking Daft Punk as a teenager, but thinking Electronic music is fun but there is no way it can capture the emotional depth of acoustic instruments. But no turns out if you know what you're doing it can capture emotional intensity even better than acoustic instruments. I am generalizing but there is truth to that i think.

First 2 songs I heard by Aphex Twin were 4 and Vordhosbn. when I heard those 2 I immediately decided I wanted to make electronic music and then I sold my guitar. It was as if the music I had been making up and hearing in my head since I was a kid was actualized and obtainable.

Edited by Brisbot
  • Like 5

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
31 minutes ago, Pirtek said:

As much as I love drukQs (and I do absolutely love it) my favourite album has to be ICBYD, simply because it totally blew me away the first time I heard it!!

i thought you cared about that album because aphex did

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...
On 1/20/2023 at 10:40 AM, Pirtek said:

As much as I love drukQs (and I do absolutely love it) my favourite album has to be ICBYD, simply because it totally blew me away the first time I heard it!!

If I had to take one Aphex album to a desert island, it would be a hard decision between Drukqs and ICBYD. But I think Drukqs just edges it by a fine whisker

Edited by beerwolf
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, beerwolf said:

If I had to take one Aphex album to a desert island, it would be a hard decision between Drukqs and ICBYD. But I think Drukqs just edges it by a fine whisker

That's a tricky one. Depends what mood I'm in on the day of being stranded!

5 hours ago, beerwolf said:

I wouldn't even blink... Drukqs all the way... then RDJ or The Tuss and lastly Analord...

I got into Syro att but now I can't help but cringe with the exception of a few tracks...