IGNORED

How does the World view America these days?

Rubin Farr

Ah, they fucked up and started construction before getting all the approval they needed.

"Delays have already cost Energy Transfer Partners more than $450 million, the company said in court documents last month, and continued delays cost $83.3 million per month. The Army Corps of Engineers isn't very sympathetic saying in court filings that the company knowingly began construction prior to receiving all necessary approvals "at its own risk."

Trump, who supports the pipeline and holds stock in Energy Transfer Partners, hasn't said whether he will try to overturn the Army's decision

Appears they are tunneling under a lake as well. 

Dakota Access has said tunneling under Lake Oahe is likely to take at least 60 days once digging begins and some industry experts say it could take as long as 90 days. So, if the Trump administration were to immediately reverses course and authorize construction, the pipeline likely wouldn't be completed until April or May.

https://apnews.com/99cc5aa4276445e3b3969d99ec857d77?utm_campaign=SocialFlow&utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=APCentralRegion

america.. tearing itself apart bit by bit.. 

breaitbart vs weather channel - video at link. 

https://weather.com/news/news/breitbart-misleads-americans-climate-change?cm_ven=Facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook&cm_cat=www.facebook.com&cm_pla=fb_feed&cm_ite=fb_social_rec&fb_ref=ls_share

Global warming is not expected to end anytime soon, despite what Breitbart.com wrote in an article published last week.

Though we would prefer to focus on our usual coverage of weather and climate science, in this case we felt it important to add our two cents — especially because a video clip from weather.com (La Niña in Pacific Affects Weather in New England) was prominently featured at the top of the Breitbart article. Breitbart had the legal right to use this clip as part of a content-sharing agreement with another company, but there should be no assumption that The Weather Company endorses the article associated with it.

The Breitbart article – a prime example of cherry picking, or pulling a single item out of context to build a misleading case – includes this statement: "The last three years may eventually come to be seen as the final death rattle of the global warming scare."

The fact that they were fighting it at all seems more of ego-driven than anything else. They probably feel that these people have no business disrupting their project.

i think they were fighting it because they were still drilling. i don't think they ever saw the native stand as anything but people that just needed to be out in the cold for a couple of months before the military came in, rounded them up and slapped them all with jail sentences for "public disobedience"

just as the government recently allowed mass hacking, the DAPL will be granted to resume drilling again

drilling?

From what I understand the pipeline is a transfer pipeline. Not a well. And from a cursory scan of the area there aren't a lot of pipelines in that area, meaning there probably aren't a lot of active wells unless it's a completely undeveloped area, which I doubt. 

Transfer pipelines are above ground or buried just below in most instances.

they want the pipeline to go underneath a lake or something.. so they have to drill under it. hence.. the drilling. 

Not just a us problem, btw! This crap is global.

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2016/dec/02/fake-news-facebook-us-election-around-the-world

The most blatant example of fake news to hit Germany so far occurred earlier this year over reports that a 13-year-old girl of Russian origin, known as Lisa F, had been raped in Berlin by refugees from the Middle East. The story received extensive coverage on Russian and German media who reported the allegations that she had been abducted on her way to school and gang-raped. The attack turned out to have been fabricated, as Berlin’s chief of police was quick to point out. According to Berlin’s public prosecutor’s office the girl had spent 30 hours with people known to her, and a medical examination proved she had not been raped.

But having been shared widely on social media and through Russian news sites, hundreds took to the streets to protest at the “attack”, along with far right and anti-Islam groups. Sergey Lavrov, Russia’s foreign minister went so far as to accuse Merkel’s government of “sweeping the case under the carpet”, heightening suspicions in Berlin that the Kremlin was deliberately trying to cause trouble.

Not just a us problem, btw! This crap is global.

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2016/dec/02/fake-news-facebook-us-election-around-the-world

The most blatant example of fake news to hit Germany so far occurred earlier this year over reports that a 13-year-old girl of Russian origin, known as Lisa F, had been raped in Berlin by refugees from the Middle East. The story received extensive coverage on Russian and German media who reported the allegations that she had been abducted on her way to school and gang-raped. The attack turned out to have been fabricated, as Berlin’s chief of police was quick to point out. According to Berlin’s public prosecutor’s office the girl had spent 30 hours with people known to her, and a medical examination proved she had not been raped.

But having been shared widely on social media and through Russian news sites, hundreds took to the streets to protest at the “attack”, along with far right and anti-Islam groups. Sergey Lavrov, Russia’s foreign minister went so far as to accuse Merkel’s government of “sweeping the case under the carpet”, heightening suspicions in Berlin that the Kremlin was deliberately trying to cause trouble.

fuuuuug.  i think i read about that. also, i think the kremlin is monkeying around with causing trouble. it's putin's chief of staff/strategist's modus operandi. chaos and confusion.. disorder. it's only going to get worse for a while.. pizza gate is just one example.. people getting rilled up to go do dumb stuff. 

i saw one interview with russian "hackers" where they talk about having hundreds of social media accounts and making fake news and basically just playing around with people. I think that was on Full Frontal w/Sam Bee or john oliver.. i'll look for it.. 

what was that movie where someone used a rather large black rubber dildo to kill people?

'atchet 'arry in Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels.

having said that, someone gets deepthroated to death in A Serbian Film (RACIST), and I think that's more fitting here.

Edited by usagi

Five, apparently. I swear departments these days look for the most insecure white men in society for recruitment.

it's a weird thing. my brother was a cop for 15 years so i met a lot of his cop buddies over the years. some of them were awesome. A+ human beings and often pretty normal people. he's got a few friends still from that part of his life. most of them are retired by now and moved on to private sector jobs.

there were a few i met who were just morons.  one in particular was just a sad sad fuckwad who later got fired for making up speeding tickets.. what cop is too lazy to even pull over speeders?  there were a few just meat heads. people who had a very narrow life experience and general lack of understanding of people outside their little world view. 

being a cop is a weird thing. what i learned is they do a  helluva a lot of domestic calls where two adults can't seem to act like adults and are doing dumb shit.. fighting over stupid things half drunk or whatever. i think half the country must be immature entitled stupids of all ages.  so police get called to go do conflict resolution and perhaps arrest the abusive person or high drunk off his/her meds person etc. 

that's probably half what they do.  it's like parenting the population. 

every district is different of course.. .but seems domestic issue are a large part of everything. 

i don't know how they do it. sounds awful.  of the police i met it's a weird thing to think about some of them doing the job. 

just rambling.. but i think every department is different though there is a trend to hire a certain type and the militarization of police force and treating the district they 'serve' as a warzone where they are going into 'enemy territory' is pretty fucked up way to approach it and sets a cop's mind into a certain state and obviously leads to dehumanizing people they come in contact with imo. 

It's a hat for your dick, I mean president elect

someone should make a meme of people wearing those little hats on their dicks. would be grand.