IGNORED

How does the World view America these days?

Rubin Farr

lol^^^^

Apparently muslims are pretty freaked out. A lot of them are wondering if they should leave.

My Muslim coworker has been really unphased about it. Early on he found the election interesting, not alarming, as if it was a sports series of debates. I suppose it is because he is from Algeria, a place with an authoritative government. He left there because he was forced to serve in the army and the civil war in general was stressful to live and work through. He's been in the US for 20 years or so and funny enough he's mistaken as latino a lot. Strangers have literally walked up to him assuming he speaks Spanish.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Edited by joshuatx

lol^^^^

Apparently muslims are pretty freaked out. A lot of them are wondering if they should leave.

My Muslim coworker has been really unphased about it. Early on he found the election interesting, not alarming, as if it was a sports series of debates. I suppose it is because he is from Algeria, a place with an authoritative government. He left there because he was forced to serve in the army and the civil war in general was stressful to live and work through. He's been in the US for 20 years or so and funny enough he's mistaken as latino a lot. Strangers have literally walked up to him assuming he speaks Spanish.

I think the people that are worried are the ones that haven't been here that long.

Oh ha...joke...sorry autism

Lol to be frank - my joke was super shitty :) glad you know that I mean no harm. That shit is racist as hell tho, they should be ashamed.

Edited by Audioblysk

Yeah my friend at work tried to reassure me that the assholes have always been there, they are just out in the open now, where we can identify them. I keep thinking this is gonna turn into, like, The Purge, but maybe we just have to ride this crazy out for a few weeks and let it reach some kind of equilibrium. 

I'm trying to remember what it was like during the W era. I'm not sure whether that's really comparable, and all that comes to mind is 500 piece Thomas Kincaid jigsaw puzzles at Wal-Mart.

KKK flyers started popping up in Maine

My FB feed is full of millennials talking about how safe spaces and unconscious bias training are the solution to the current mess...yeah, right, what we need is MORE identity politics

FTGE

Edited by LimpyLoo

In the UK we feel like you've one-upped us in the embarrassment stakes, we voted for brexit and no one has any idea what they are doing, then you voted Trump and re-directed the world's laughter towards yourselves.

We view America as kind of like that George Carlin quote:

'When you're born into this world, you're given a ticket to the freak show. If you're born in America you get a front row seat.'

Another thing is how broken the system is whereby in the UK we're going head first into a decision that the country collectively doesn't want, while those who voted out did so out of protest based on gut feeling and vague reasons, and similarly watching Trump look like a little lost boy sat next to Obama his manner has the look of someone way out of his depth and knows it and didn't want it. It's like democracy is so broken it's like a large ship that the entire population is on, and we can't ever stop and re evaluate what we want as a society, the ship's direction is already set, and can't be altered, because there was a vote and that's that. Captain I see an ice berg ahead..

People here in the UK are so opposed to a second referendum because DEMOCRACY, even if everyone made their decision based on lies and misinformation because it's extremely complex and the people can't decide this. 'You can't have a second referendum because ..riots !' Good, we need to just stop, for a bit, and actually fix all the broken elements that combine to make these things happen. The two big things being the media that prints lies, and the voting system that essentially only allows two choices, where you pick the least worst. Both countries should have general strikes where everyone demands certain laws to be passed based on those two mentioned things. But of course we can't come together and demand these things because we're all so divided, because the media is so successful at directing your anger away from the corporations -siphoning off billions into tax havens- and towards the 'other' whose crime is to simply exist and take from a seemingly decreasing pot of resources (in the UK immigrants actually contribute £2 billion a year)...the media owned by the elites, sat above us all laughing their heads off. So everyone gets angry but the cycle continues. They'll be progress, but it'll be so slow as to simply disenfranchise the people who can't be fucked waiting forever for little change. Large strike action is the only hope I have, everything else is crumbs. Leonard Cohen has just passed away and his track Everybody Knows said it too long ago; we all know it, and they'll be no change unless it's forced.

As Carlin also said about choice:

Mike Pence will assassinate trump and the day pence becomes president he will establish a christian caliphate in the USA

I'll take trump over that, the man has already flip flopped on Obamacare says he likes it, he will tone it down and hire a bunch of people to do the work

Pence is the fucking "Christian Sharia Law" lunatic. so, he's worse. if trump gets impeached or something i hope it's close to the next election so Pence has no time to fuck us all to death with jesus. 

Pence is the fucking "Christian Sharia Law" lunatic. so, he's worse. if trump gets impeached or something i hope it's close to the next election so Pence has no time to fuck us all to death with jesus.

Yeah that's why I was more afraid of Cruz winning the Trump to some degree. When someone Trump is full of shit it goes both ways, he comes from a backround as a apathetic rich guy, not a delusional religious nut.

Yeah that's why I was more afraid of Cruz winning the Trump to some degree. When someone Trump is full of shit it goes both ways, he comes from a backround as a apathetic rich guy, not a delusional religious nut.

We also had a presidential candidate who wanted to outlaw masturbation...I think it was Santorum, but we've had so many fundamentalist nutjob candidates that they've kinda all blurred together in my head.

We also had a presidential candidate who wanted to outlaw masturbation...I think it was Santorum, but we've had so many fundamentalist nutjob candidates that they've kinda all blurred together in my head.

far too many of them. 

religion is a bore.