IGNORED

How does the World view America these days?

Rubin Farr

if you want to be the angery about mcdonalds and fast food watch the movie about how mcdonalds happened and how it went from 2 dudes who came up w/a system and used good ingredients to ray croc fucing it all up w/maximum capitalism and then double fucking the original dudes later on.. 

Am I an asshole for empathizing with Kroc the most in that? He just saw a good thing and wanted to scale it and make some bucks doing it...

i understood his dedication and persistence but he was corrupt and he totally fucked those guys and essentially was a self serving capitalist pig... really. 

but he had a vision and saw a thing and figured he had the road map for it.. he is the guy who sees an angle in the artwork.. thinks "maybe i can only corrupt it part way and the sell out won't feel so bad" then after the slightest road block thinks fuck that and sells it out all the way for maximum gain at all costs.. 

why bother with anything if you can't sell it to everyone.. dumb it down entirely for the lowest common denominator.. 

nevermind the factory farm at the back end or true cost of what's being sold.. organize efficiency to meet the ends i demand...

if you want to be the angery about mcdonalds and fast food watch the movie about how mcdonalds happened and how it went from 2 dudes who came up w/a system and used good ingredients to ray croc fucing it all up w/maximum capitalism and then double fucking the original dudes later on..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AX2uz2XYkbo

Am I an asshole for empathizing with Kroc the most in that? He just saw a good thing and wanted to scale it and make some bucks doing it...

i understood his dedication and persistence but he was corrupt and he totally fucked those guys and essentially was a self serving capitalist pig... really.

but he had a vision and saw a thing and figured he had the road map for it.. he is the guy who sees an angle in the artwork.. thinks "maybe i can only corrupt it part way and the sell out won't feel so bad" then after the slightest road block thinks fuck that and sells it out all the way for maximum gain at all costs..

why bother with anything if you can't sell it to everyone.. dumb it down entirely for the lowest common denominator..

nevermind the factory farm at the back end or true cost of what's being sold.. organize efficiency to meet the ends i demand...

Yeah I guess what I got out of it was that it was too bad they couldn't meet halfway. Maybe I'm being naive but it seems like if the brothers had actually tried to work with him, they might have had more ability to enforce standards and quality control.

Factory farming is indeed disgusting though. And Kroc did plenty of skeevy shit. I just understood his frustration a lot more than the one brother's stubbornness. It almost seemed like a partially self-fulfilling prophecy.

yeah.. i hear ya.. i think meeting half way wasn't in his make up... he was going to make it go his way because he thought he knew best.. and in a sense he did.. he knew how make it as big as it could be.. 

but the two guys who created it didn't want to go that way.. they had some integrity. 

i think croc angled from the git go to take things the way he wanted. 

i'm all for having a vision but fucking people over and distorting someone else's visions seems a shit way to go. ego gets in the way and everything else becomes secondary. 

Edited by ignatius

I heard the golden arches were meant to resemble tits, which was meant to make people subconsciously associate McD's with nurturing mothers.  Like, "nurse your babies on our golden fast food teats."  Marketing innit.

Edited by Zephyr_Nova

yeah.. i hear ya.. i think meeting half way wasn't in his make up... he was going to make it go his way because he thought he knew best.. and in a sense he did.. he knew how make it as big as it could be..

but the two guys who created it didn't want to go that way.. they had some integrity.

i think croc angled from the git go to take things the way he wanted.

i'm all for having a vision but fucking people over and distorting someone else's visions seems a shit way to go. ego gets in the way and everything else becomes secondary.

Yeah it's ego that fucks everything up in the end, isn't it? And both sides were guilty of giving in to theirs.

TELEMMGLPICT000152122308_trans_NvBQzQNjv

A former assistant Prospect police chief sent numerous racist messages to a Louisville Metro Police recruit, including one that said if he caught black juveniles smoking marijuana, he should shoot them.

Todd Shaw sent the “highly disturbing racist and threatening Facebook messages” to the recruit, according to a letter Jefferson County Attorney Mike O’Connell sent to Prospect Mayor John Evans. Shaw, who had previously worked 20 years as a Louisville officer, was suspended, then fired, last year from the Prospect force.

O’Connell told Evans that while Shaw and the recruit were discussing a training scenario in which the recruit was to write a paper on "the right thing to do" if he caught three juveniles smoking marijuana, Shaw stated: "Fuck the right thing. If black shoot them.” Shaw, instructing the recruit how to handle parents of a juvenile caught smoking pot, wrote: “If mom is hot then fuck her. If dad is hot then handcuff him and make him suck my dick. Unless daddy is black. Then shoot him."

https://www.courier-journal.com/story/news/2018/01/19/prospect-police-officer-racist-messages-kill-blacks/1048979001/

https://www.cnn.com/2018/01/22/us/kentucky-officer-urged-recruit-to-shoot-blacks/index.html

TELEMMGLPICT000152122308_trans_NvBQzQNjv

A former assistant Prospect police chief sent numerous racist messages to a Louisville Metro Police recruit, including one that said if he caught black juveniles smoking marijuana, he should shoot them.

Todd Shaw sent the “highly disturbing racist and threatening Facebook messages” to the recruit, according to a letter Jefferson County Attorney Mike O’Connell sent to Prospect Mayor John Evans. Shaw, who had previously worked 20 years as a Louisville officer, was suspended, then fired, last year from the Prospect force.

O’Connell told Evans that while Shaw and the recruit were discussing a training scenario in which the recruit was to write a paper on "the right thing to do" if he caught three juveniles smoking marijuana, Shaw stated: "Fuck the right thing. If black shoot them.” Shaw, instructing the recruit how to handle parents of a juvenile caught smoking pot, wrote: “If mom is hot then fuck her. If dad is hot then handcuff him and make him suck my dick. Unless daddy is black. Then shoot him."

https://www.courier-journal.com/story/news/2018/01/19/prospect-police-officer-racist-messages-kill-blacks/1048979001/

https://www.cnn.com/2018/01/22/us/kentucky-officer-urged-recruit-to-shoot-blacks/index.html

FTP

Stock market has been rising for years. Home sales are good. Consumer confidence is better each year. Tech companies are doing amazing. Retail companies stabilizing. Most businesses are getting boners after the tax cuts. America is finally becoming a leader in oil production. The dollar is still strong, still the standard. Unemployment is great. Wages are even going up.

Something is going to go wrong this year. Something bad is going to happen. It has to. Maybe not one big bad thing, but nonetheless, things are going way too well right now for a balancing action in the other direction not to happen.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/02/05/paul-ryan-deletes-tweet-challenger-randy-bryce-rakes-in-donations.html

Ryan, R-Wisc., was hit with a quick Twitter backlash Saturday after highlighting a news story in which a public school secretary said she was taking home a whopping $1.50 extra per week because of the recently passed Republican tax bill.

Ryan, in a tweet, noted that the woman had said she was "pleasantly surprised" by her extra pay, which "will more than cover her Costco membership for the year."

Randy Bryce, a Wisconsin ironworker and Democrat who is seeking to unseat Ryan this fall, promptly jumped on the speaker's tweet with one of his own that pointed out the tax bill's much, much larger windfall for two leading Republican billionaire donors.

Trump-era American blue boys are the new menaces of society, at least the notorious ones that keep making the news. They think they're Duke Nukem or something.

I miss old school cops.

This one particularly pissed me off.

"Oh great. We have a legendary figure for human rights selling trucks now."