IGNORED

How does the World view America these days?

Rubin Farr

The backwater evangelical zealots are aspiring to a theocratic nation state it seems.

Well, I could be exaggerating, but we all know after the past year that it's a plausible scenario.

I'm reading in the comments people are actually praising that guy for getting a private jet with "church" money. 

what

surprised my comment was deleted yet. 

"you should fly it right into the sun"

and yeah.. these people are nuts.. seeing this as a good thing because now jesus owns a plane and can spread the gospel... 

that guy kenneth whatever.. lives in a multimillion dollar mansion.. and this isn't his 1st plane. he's a total bullshit artist. scammer.  like all the others.. 

I'm reading in the comments people are actually praising that guy for getting a private jet with "church" money. 

what

surprised my comment was deleted yet. 

"you should fly it right into the sun"

and yeah.. these people are nuts.. seeing this as a good thing because now jesus owns a plane and can spread the gospel... 

that guy kenneth whatever.. lives in a multimillion dollar mansion.. and this isn't his 1st plane. he's a total bullshit artist. scammer.  like all the others.. 

Overenthusiastic religious types are guaranteed scammers. Their "devotion" is how they legitimize their existence as frauds.

he had a chat with another televangelist who told him the good thing about having a private plane is that you can talk to god directly and not be disturbed by humans who want you to pray for them. he then goes into detail how whilst he was in his private jet, god actually asked him whether he'd want to own it (i guess he was just renting it out?). the guy surprisingly said yes. 

copeland agrees with him that communicating with god is just easily in a private jet, and there's just no way these guys can use commercial planes anymore. for one, that'd have to "get in a loooooong tube with a bunch of demons". i'm assuming the demons are you and i

https://youtu.be/AdH2DGSXjss

What baffles me is how in this day and age, so many people buy into the bullshit?

i don't really see it much different from how you have kids buying $1200 sneakers just because they're called yeezus or better yet, the $100 plain white t-shirts. i guess the difference is that in those cases you get a physical product although i know some churches will give you some kind of acknowledgment when you make serious cash donations. 

some of them also make these pamphlets and list all the donors in the back- but the people donating more money get their names in bold and are titled "friends of the church" so then it becomes a competition to see who looks cooler. kinda like, who has the latest yeezus shoes or twitter followers. 

What baffles me is how in this day and age, so many people buy into the bullshit?

i don't really see it much different from how you have kids buying $1200 sneakers just because they're called yeezus or better yet, the $100 plain white t-shirts.

well yeah, these people are insane as well 

Less though than jesus freaks though, IMO. 

I feel like there are good values to be learned in church (and in most religions in general), but the people that interpret so much of it as being LITERAL, are responsible for so much nonsense and bloodshed throughout history.

you couldn't pay me to eat at burger king

in mid/early 80s jr highschool had a friend who worked at mcdonalds.. she said every so often they had someone come in and clean out the shake machine because roaches would eventually spawn in the various tubes and the thing would be full of tiny roach babies.  i guess everything goes through a filter before it comes out into a cup so no roaches in the shake!  all the roaches stay in the machine. 

if you want to be the angery about mcdonalds and fast food watch the movie about how mcdonalds happened and how it went from 2 dudes who came up w/a system and used good ingredients to ray croc fucing it all up w/maximum capitalism and then double fucking the original dudes later on.. 

if you want to be the angery about mcdonalds and fast food watch the movie about how mcdonalds happened and how it went from 2 dudes who came up w/a system and used good ingredients to ray croc fucing it all up w/maximum capitalism and then double fucking the original dudes later on.. 

Am I an asshole for empathizing with Kroc the most in that? He just saw a good thing and wanted to scale it and make some bucks doing it...