IGNORED

How does the World view America these days?

Rubin Farr

4 minutes ago, cyanobacteria said:

it just means there's so many more decades of dealing with these fucking neo nazis

realistically yeah, if the demographic shift in america continues along it's current trajectory. you're gonna have a lot of white people going "this is fine", but you're also also going to have a significant contingent (mostly disenfranchised young men) who feel like their existence is under threat (tbf a lot of the toxic masculinity callout culture of the last decade was pretty hamhanded, so i can see why young guys already in a bad place emotionally would take it as a personal attack). also for many the idea of white supremacy, neopaganism, tradism etc is seen as being the only way of authentically pushing back against globalist financial capital & the complete dissolution of any sort of meaningful distinction between individuals or groups. basically imo i think shit's gonna be increasingly cray for pretty much the rest of our salad years

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Cryptowen said:

realistically yeah, if the demographic shift in america continues along it's current trajectory. you're gonna have a lot of white people going "this is fine", but you're also also going to have a significant contingent (mostly disenfranchised young men) who feel like their existence is under threat (tbf a lot of the toxic masculinity callout culture of the last decade was pretty hamhanded, so i can see why young guys already in a bad place emotionally would take it as a personal attack). also for many the idea of white supremacy, neopaganism, tradism etc is seen as being the only way of authentically pushing back against globalist financial capital & the complete dissolution of any sort of meaningful distinction between individuals or groups. basically imo i think shit's gonna be increasingly cray for pretty much the rest of our salad years

its annoying because id support their neopaganism and tradism if it was voluntary and something they wanted to do in isolated communities with free movement of people where they aren't forcing their children to stay or oppressing women.  its just rather the fact that these kinds of things can't maintain themselves when less oppressive  alternatives exist for the oppressed groups of these systems, similar to arrange marriage being a requirement for the continued existence of the more female-oppressive forms of islam.  their pathetic victim mentality makes them think they get to act in self defense to assert their desires, at best, but at its worst instantiation they don't see themselves as the victim but rather the agent who should be and is allowed to create victims ie ubermensch. i feel the only way to fight Ur-fascism is decentralization of power.  its amorphous existence means it can continue forever and the achievement of communism.  you can always invent a new fascism that can apply to the present times. [http://www.pegc.us/archive/Articles/eco_ur-fascism.pdf]

Edited by cyanobacteria

What do they mean by Anglo-Saxon Architectural Style?
Because if I do a Wiki search I get this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anglo-Saxon_architecture
I can't imagine that's what they're after.
I'm sure they actually mean to refer to Modern Stripped Neo-Classical Architecture, right?

supposedly that was just a rough draft from someone else who is most definitely NOT her

Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-Ga.) said Saturday a document full of incendiary nativist rhetoric meant to promote a potential America First Caucus was a "draft proposal from an outside group that I hadn’t read."

https://www.axios.com/gop-republicans-deny-america-first-caucus-f2e1b872-a13f-4ddc-8ef7-236030615d7f.html

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, Nebraska said:

Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-Ga.) said Saturday a document full of incendiary nativist rhetoric meant to promote a potential America First Caucus was a "draft proposal from an outside group that I hadn’t read."

I mean, apparently she hasn't read anything else related to governing ever in her life, so don't know why she'd start now.

17 hours ago, cyanobacteria said:

its annoying because id support their neopaganism and tradism if it was voluntary and something they wanted to do in isolated communities with free movement of people where they aren't forcing their children to stay or oppressing women.  its just rather the fact that these kinds of things can't maintain themselves when less oppressive  alternatives exist for the oppressed groups of these systems

see this right here is where there'd be a fundamental breakdown in communication. because as far as i can tell the sales pitch for authoritarian states, fascism, the trad movement etc is something like "people aren't very good at making decisions for themselves *gestures vaguely in the direction of neoliberalism*. Clearly there are manipulative financial interests attempting to hijack your pre-rational instincts, to offer up things which will always appeal to you in the moment, but will ultimately serve only to make your life deteriorate. Even though in the moment it feels like you want freedom of choice, in the long run you'd be better off if a strong authority figure (God, the leader, the state) made sure that you were disciplined to maintain a healthy & righteous lifestyle"

So, for someone who is drawn to that lifestyle, the idea that women or children might say they want freedom to leave isn't evidence that that's what would help them in the long run. The man drawn to this line of thinking feels like he needs to be the bad guy, he needs to be the strong patriach who keeps them in line - and, in turn, he himself needs a strong disciplinary social structure that can mold him into that strong patriach figure instead of being a fat sack of shit who collects funko pops.

I can see why there's a (fairly strong) correlation between weightlifting & far right politics, because weight lifting presents exactly this sort of scenario. You have to give up comfort in the moment in order to achieve a longterm result that's satisfying (instead of giving into momentary hedonic pleasures & becoming physically unhealthy as a result). The temptation is to extend this line of thinking to every area of life, rather than taking a more nuanced approach (the very idea of nuance is regarded supiciously, as some kind of liberal intellectual swindle designed to smother your vital energy)

• Like 2

short expose on oath keepers (i.e. the good guys) and their close ties with law enforcement as they save the united states from the cabal of satan worshiping pedos (the left wing)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cryptowen said:

see this right here is where there'd be a fundamental breakdown in communication. because as far as i can tell the sales pitch for authoritarian states, fascism, the trad movement etc is something like "people aren't very good at making decisions for themselves *gestures vaguely in the direction of neoliberalism*. Clearly there are manipulative financial interests attempting to hijack your pre-rational instincts, to offer up things which will always appeal to you in the moment, but will ultimately serve only to make your life deteriorate. Even though in the moment it feels like you want freedom of choice, in the long run you'd be better off if a strong authority figure (God, the leader, the state) made sure that you were disciplined to maintain a healthy & righteous lifestyle"

So, for someone who is drawn to that lifestyle, the idea that women or children might say they want freedom to leave isn't evidence that that's what would help them in the long run. The man drawn to this line of thinking feels like he needs to be the bad guy, he needs to be the strong patriach who keeps them in line - and, in turn, he himself needs a strong disciplinary social structure that can mold him into that strong patriach figure instead of being a fat sack of shit who collects funko pops.

I can see why there's a (fairly strong) correlation between weightlifting & far right politics, because weight lifting presents exactly this sort of scenario. You have to give up comfort in the moment in order to achieve a longterm result that's satisfying (instead of giving into momentary hedonic pleasures & becoming physically unhealthy as a result). The temptation is to extend this line of thinking to every area of life, rather than taking a more nuanced approach (the very idea of nuance is regarded supiciously, as some kind of liberal intellectual swindle designed to smother your vital energy)

yeah, this seems to be what ive gathered too from spending excessive time in communities with too many far right and nazi people.  what ive seen though is that their feelings tend to be malicious and they legitimately hate and have disgust for groups of people who dont match their pattern.  they want to actually kill LGBT people, black people, they pass around infographics with statistics on black peoples skull size, other completely fucking stupid shit like this.  theres really no reasoning with them and no explanation that can get them out of this way of thinking apart from maybe exposure to other types of people

2 hours ago, Cryptowen said:

I can see why there's a (fairly strong) correlation between weightlifting & far right politics, because weight lifting presents exactly this sort of scenario.

? lol

Edited by Hugh Mughnus
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, cyanobacteria said:

what ive seen though is that their feelings tend to be malicious and they legitimately hate and have disgust for groups of people who dont match their pattern.

yeah the whole "we represent a wise paternal force that only wants what's best for humanity" angle would work better if 98% of the dissident right didn't feel like millenials mad that the norman rockwell life might not be in the cards for them, or zoomers who want call of duty white ops irl. there's probably a small contingent (of men & women) who really do just want to get married, move out to a farmhouse, read the bible & have 6 kids. But if they're being honest about it they probably aren't shitposting on the internet that much

Edited by Cryptowen
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Cryptowen said:

yeah the whole "we represent a wise paternal force that only wants what's best for humanity" angle would work better if 98% of the dissident right didn't feel like millenials mad that the norman rockwell life might not be in the cards for them, or zoomers who want call of duty white ops irl. there's probably a small contingent (of men & women) who really do just want to get married, move out to a farmhouse, read the bible & have 6 kids. But if they're being honest about it they probably aren't shitposting on the internet that much

what';s ironic is they always talk about degeneracy.  yoiu want to see degeneracy? go to their social media spaces.  go to 4chan pol and all youll see is the most repulsive shit you can imagine.  when they raid left wing sites often these right wingers post cp.  pure degeneracy.  pure projection

edit: stupidly decided to go take a look and the first thing i see is literally just a bunch of gore.  these people are mentally sick

Edited by cyanobacteria

32 minutes ago, cyanobacteria said:

yoiu want to see degeneracy? go to their social media spaces.  go to 4chan pol

shit this is all starting to make sense now. if all i saw all day were pol memes i'd probably be going "yeah this seems like it could only be the product of a culture controlled by a secret cabal of satanist lizards from space"

• Farnsworth 1

For real though I was doing some research into the history of fascism earlier this year, and the connection to cults really started to make sense. Sometimes you have someone who's clearly got his totalitarian vision right from the getgo (ie Hitler, or some guy who starts a cult explicitly because he wants power), but in other cases it seems to be this weird feedback loop. The leader is initially just flirting with an idea as a means to an end, and that works up something in a segment of the public, and that slowly pushes the leader deeper & deeper into the role, even if he initially might not have intended for things to go as far as they did.

I think the internet has given rise to this new kind of of meme fascism, where it isn't an actual person embodying the role of the leader any more - it's an abstract idea represented by memes & social media hubs. The userbase gets hyped up by these ideas, which in turn inspires them to create more memes advocating for more radical ideas. Initially hitler posting would have just been teenagers engaging in lazy shock humour, but over time it becomes increasingly sincere as individuals start to take on the character

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Cryptowen said:

For real though I was doing some research into the history of fascism earlier this year, and the connection to cults really started to make sense. Sometimes you have someone who's clearly got his totalitarian vision right from the getgo (ie Hitler, or some guy who starts a cult explicitly because he wants power), but in other cases it seems to be this weird feedback loop. The leader is initially just flirting with an idea as a means to an end, and that works up something in a segment of the public, and that slowly pushes the leader deeper & deeper into the role, even if he initially might not have intended for things to go as far as they did.

I think the internet has given rise to this new kind of of meme fascism, where it isn't an actual person embodying the role of the leader any more - it's an abstract idea represented by memes & social media hubs. The userbase gets hyped up by these ideas, which in turn inspires them to create more memes advocating for more radical ideas. Initially hitler posting would have just been teenagers engaging in lazy shock humour, but over time it becomes increasingly sincere as individuals start to take on the character

thats really horrifying. somethings i think its not worth speculating cuz u just give them ideas

1 hour ago, Cryptowen said:

with the internet things become visible across platforms as memes, or call outs, or screen grabs of twitter conversations etc.. so w/that the conversation for/against/indifferent etc happens and overall normalization of various bad ideas becomes possible. the megaphone becomes internet megaphone and a whole bunch of people can yell into. the once closeted types feel emboldened because someone is playing their song so they join in. so it goes round and round... as you say.. not an actual person but that feedback loop... like the giant trash pile swirling in the ocean that just gets bigger and is fed by the ocean currents. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, ignatius said:

with the internet things become visible across platforms as memes, or call outs, or screen grabs of twitter conversations etc.. so w/that the conversation for/against/indifferent etc happens and overall normalization of various bad ideas becomes possible. the megaphone becomes internet megaphone and a whole bunch of people can yell into. the once closeted types feel emboldened because someone is playing their song so they join in. so it goes round and round... as you say.. not an actual person but that feedback loop... like the giant trash pile swirling in the ocean that just gets bigger and is fed by the ocean currents.

yeah which is why imo it's crucial that we as a species work to develop a postliberal concept of the individual before technological development gets much further along. The idea of freely self-determining rational agent already seemed false in the 20th Century, in the light of things like advertising & propaganda. The internet has this way of amplifying the problem to the nth degree, and we haven't seen nothing yet. New phenomenon will emerge with each new development - I imagine you'd be able to fuck with a lot of people pretty bad once VR & AI-generated media have advanced to a sufficient degree.

Basically there needs to be a better way of understanding & addressing these things, or else you're going to see more ridiculous snowball phenomenon a la trump getting memed into the white house, and more opportunities for a single tech dev somewhere to have a disproportionately large hand in shaping the conversation & individual desires

• Farnsworth 1

1 hour ago, ignatius said:

thank fuck that  Chauvin asshole got found guilty on all counts.  

ppl feeling good out here today. it's looked like MASH here for a few weeks, everyone's been bracing for some bullshit verdict. now people are celebrating. feels good, this city has had an absolutely shit year.

• Like 2