IGNORED

Bjork - Vulnicura

kaini

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

then you can fucking wait to get the album fucking 2 mos from now when it was originally supposed to fucking come out.

or you can fucking torrent it.

fuck

lol.

Can't she just release on another download platform for the peoples?

Yeah... this release is okay, but a bit too "plodding" and samey for my tastes. I haven't been fully satisfied with a Bjork release since Homogenic. This is probably her strongest since Verspertine, but given the collaborators I was hoping for something with a bit more bite.

Guest trananhhung

I think it's just her voice that annoys me by this point. she justs wanders around with no real purpose through the songs. Maybe it's just nostalgic impressions but she sounded so much focused during the 90s. String arrangements and arca makes up for her.

Guest trananhhung

A track like family sounds so sparse that I loose all attention. Oh, something happened. Let's see where this goes.

Oh, Arca kick drums and string ensembles. Back to sparse zone.

I'll listen to this album 3 or 4 times more. Just like with everything post homogenic.

Guest Chesney

I do know what you're saying but you should probably expect that things begin to become clearer with familiarity. Every great album is a slow burner. Instant albums die out and sound old or even cheesy after you have devoured it for a time.

Not saying that this could be a classic like Homogenic or Post but there is no way i'm dismissing it on first listen.

I even was a little underwhelmed by Homogenic after Post and the only standout was Bachlorette. Obviously things changed the more I listened and it's in my top 10 all time, probably.

Guest trananhhung

Mouth mantra is cool but still sounds like an arca remix of bjork track. It's like there's her and the strings and then the electronics. Like two worlds apart. But maybe they were going for that.

Guest trananhhung

Best track is the last one And there's no arca in it.

Now listening to the new Aphex EP for the first time.

breakbeat metal music!

I think it's just her voice that annoys me by this point. she justs wanders around with no real purpose through the songs. Maybe it's just nostalgic impressions but she sounded so much focused during the 90s. String arrangements and arca makes up for her.

yeah I have the same impression. Its like she just picks songs she likes and improvises instead of the tight clear production she became famous with

Archived