IGNORED

Alien 5

Soloman Tump

did you all not read the actual article? it repeatedly states that this isn't actually a film that is being made but something neill blomkamp WAS working on "in secret" that never got off the ground...was replaced by prometheus most likely.

Well, shit

:biggrin:

Also, nothing good can come from the whole 'franchise' mentality of moviemakers. It's about selling as much junk food to as many people as possible. Or, what they call the art of telling stories to big audiences. Funny how there's only one letter different in telling and selling.

If it smells like a franchise, you should run. Run like the wind! ....Run Forrest run!

unless-you-tell-me-to-continue.jpg

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

did you all not read the actual article? it repeatedly states that this isn't actually a film that is being made but something neill blomkamp WAS working on "in secret" that never got off the ground...was replaced by prometheus most likely.

No, it's actually happening. You're right the article that was linked to was from January, but earlier today Neill Blomkamp posted this on twitter:

Um... So I think it's officially my next film. #alien http://instagram.com/p/zQwEQ0qhBq/

If people don't even read one page threads you can't expect them to read whole articles :emotawesomepm9:

Yep, I linked that older article because it showed the artwork (most of which is cool, especially the acid faced hicks shot here). And their latest article is here. Although im sure most of you can use google.

Sorry for the confusion.

no need to apologize, I was actually confused there would be someone in here that didn't already know Blomkamp was signed onto the project and subsequently complain about the thread based on that lack of knowledge

If any director was going to do i would pick him every time (Or Cameron but he is never coming back from Avatar land) Neil seems to have a great love for all things scfi so he should make a good movie

the rights to Terminator revert to Cameron in 2019, so I could see him producing several of those, but not direct them.

If any director was going to do i would pick him every time (Or Cameron but he is never coming back from Avatar land) Neil seems to have a great love for all things scfi so he should make a good movie

the rights to Terminator revert to Cameron in 2019, so I could see him producing several of those, but not direct them.

I highly doubt that. That franchise died along time ago with no hope of rescue. He would be wise to have nothing to do with it. He should just stop avatar as well and make battle angel already!

Alien 4 should be wiped from the canon.

I love Alien 4.

I used to have the weirdest orgasms to Alien 4.

I bet its the scene with the mutant versions of Ripley and you get to see the Xeno nipple. Amirite? Or was that just me

actually watching the alien 3 assembly cut version at 144 min which was originally intended rather then the released 113 min version & its not that bad!

I've never heard of this version. Does it improve the ending? I though it started off well and petered out towards the end.

I highly doubt that. That franchise died along time ago with no hope of rescue. He would be wise to have nothing to do with it. He should just stop avatar as well and make battle angel already!
lol

actually watching the alien 3 assembly cut version at 144 min which was originally intended rather then the released 113 min version & its not that bad!

I've never heard of this version. Does it improve the ending? I though it started off well and petered out towards the end.

Unfortunately the film is still mostly the same unengaging filmmaking as the theatrical cut. It's a little better overall, but the ending is basically the same, save for one detail.

Alien 4 should be wiped from the canon.

and Prometheus (even though it's not part of the same canon) should be totally erased and destroyed too, please...

(they had such a possiblity to make something good, and they made....that crap?)

Yeah, I think Blomkap is pretty shit. District 9 was heavy-handed, weak, and visually repulsive. Elysium looked to be more of the same, so I didn't even give it a viewing. Chappie looks absolutely idiotic. I have no faith in his abilities, especially after the Alien designs and story idea he vomited onto the internet.

Unfortunately the film is still mostly the same unengaging filmmaking as the theatrical cut. It's a little better overall, but the ending is basically the same, save for one detail.

yeah the ending i was shaking my head a bit, when they are all running around & real bishop goes 'nnnnoooooooooo.....' but overall enjoyed it in a b-movie way, where the 'nnnnoooooooo' actually fits also the sections where the alien is running around the proportions are all wrong & very dodgy cgi u try to ignore, but would still say well worth a watch.... quite a few interesting docs on utube about the 1st 3 films...

i wont go into the forth film as these 3 pics sum it up -

MV5BMTUwMTU4OTIzMF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNDg0

151-alien-resurrection-008-kjdyq.jpg

mumlove.jpg

Archived