IGNORED

RP Boo - Fingers, Bank Pads & Shoe Prints

Herr Jan

It was only until I saw the dancing that it made at least some sense. It is not necessarily unreleased energy, but a constant highly energetic discipline and to me (as someone whos dancing skills are probably the worst in existence) there are multiple ways to interpret the rhythm in a track like this. For example: slow (on the sound of the claps), frantic (on the sound of the subbass), etc. It was primarily created for dancing. The crazy syncopated programming, the music being stripped down to the essence, etc. The dancing is the key here.

I think this is the most important point in understanding footwork. I'm not super versed in the history of footwork, but I'm pretty sure the genre conventions evolved along with the dance style. This means the tracks stay on one level for multiple dancers to show their skills to the same track. Now, footwork is released on labels to be listened to on headphones, but the genre conventions stuck. I suppose there's an argument for changing the genre a bit to match the new listening style (which I think has already happened to a degree) but change it too much and it's a different genre. Asking for a "tension release" moment in footwork is a bit like a dubstep enthusiast asking for bass drops in deep house tracks. Heck, that might even sound cool, but it essentially changes the genre.

It was only until I saw the dancing that it made at least some sense. It is not necessarily unreleased energy, but a constant highly energetic discipline and to me (as someone whos dancing skills are probably the worst in existence) there are multiple ways to interpret the rhythm in a track like this. For example: slow (on the sound of the claps), frantic (on the sound of the subbass), etc. It was primarily created for dancing. The crazy syncopated programming, the music being stripped down to the essence, etc. The dancing is the key here.

I think this is the most important point in understanding footwork. I'm not super versed in the history of footwork, but I'm pretty sure the genre conventions evolved along with the dance style. This means the tracks stay on one level for multiple dancers to show their skills to the same track. Now, footwork is released on labels to be listened to on headphones, but the genre conventions stuck. I suppose there's an argument for changing the genre a bit to match the new listening style (which I think has already happened to a degree) but change it too much and it's a different genre. Asking for a "tension release" moment in footwork is a bit like a dubstep enthusiast asking for bass drops in deep house tracks. Heck, that might even sound cool, but it essentially changes the genre.

Spot on fellas!

• 2 months later...

the last track with that kenny loggins sample is crazy; the rest is so so ...pretty disappointing release when compared to the last one.

Yeah I love this guy but this release just didn't do it for me either.

• 2 months later...

Still think that it's wot i said from the beginning that it's drum and bass intros that never get anywhere. Apparently they're now adding hip hop track intros to that mix. Both types played for the whooooooooooooooooolllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee da da da da d d d d d d da dddd damn song.

lazy/boring.

I'm afraid I have to agree with delet... I started off listening to the first track freezaburn, and kept waiting for it to develop... which for me, it didn't.

yeah, as people have mentioned is all about the dancing, you must play this very loud with a proper subwoofer and move to it, then it becomes much more fun/enjoyable.

edit: 3003'd post!

• 3 months later...

I'm burnin' em-burnin' em-burnin'em

right now where you stand (I'm burnin' em)

• 6 months later...

Archived