IGNORED

Christmas Morning music

Tricone RC

So when I was a young'un on Christmas morning we'd play musics while we did all our cute family stuff, opening prezzies, having grub etc. Normally something like Mike Oldfield that sounds a bit christmassy but isn't fucking Slade on loop forever, e.g.

Now I'm a big grownup with a house and two cats I kinda wanted to start doing something similar and want some ideas

Wut u listen 2 on christmas day? Serious & lol answers appreciated

I like this kind of stuff:

And of course all of the "a very watmm Christmas" compilations.

https://cytoplantastic.bandcamp.com/music

I don't listen to christmas songs at christmas, unless it's on somewhere where the music is out of my control (usually Fairytale of New York a million times), most christmas songs are just awful. I like this one by The Waitresses though:

John Fahey did an album of christmas song actually, might stick that on, but I usually put some relaxed jazz or something on for dinner.

You could go for something even more medieval sounding, not explicitly christmassy, but fits the mood:

this is a really wonderful album.

I once made a Christmas for a coffee shop. It's full old soul and blues Christmas tunes. If anyone wants it send me a pm.

It's a pretty good playlist.

Is it on spotify? If so send it this way please.

Nat King Cole is the only choice, I'm gonna check out that Redbourn album too.

I once made a Christmas for a coffee shop. It's full old soul and blues Christmas tunes. If anyone wants it send me a pm.

It's a pretty good playlist.

Is it on spotify? If so send it this way please.

Nat King Cole is the only choice, I'm gonna check out that Redbourn album too.

Nope - it's a zip folder :)

John Fahey did an album of christmas song actually, might stick that on, but I usually put some relaxed jazz or something on for dinner.

You could go for something even more medieval sounding, not explicitly christmassy, but fits the mood:

this is a really wonderful album.

+1 to john fahey, great recommendation

that renbourn album is really nice too, thanks for that

for some reason i usually go back to julian koster's singing saw at christmastime, probably because a) it's heartfelt but creepy in its own way, and b) i know and like to play a lot of these songs on the saw, so it's fun to hear their take

oh, and this album is a yearly requirement at my house:

:music:

Archived