IGNORED

EU

she was also behind efforts (pre-brexit) for the UK to withdraw from the EU Convention on Human Rights. on the other hand I think she brought in legislation to prevent the use of the water cannons Boris bought in the wake of the London riots.

Aye, right enough: http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/apr/25/uk-must-leave-european-convention-on-human-rights-theresa-may-eu-referendum

Dunno if it's just me but I think over the last ten years or so there's been a kind of creeping normalisation of having right-ring headcases in power. May, Gove, Crabb, et al are all slick and presentable like David Cameron but fucking hell, I wouldn't trust any of them as far as I could throw them.

Austria has just had its recent election results - in which a younger far-right candidate narrowly lost to an older and seemingly much more sensible left candidate - contested legally and now thrown out. they're redoing it, and who knows what the result will be this time. can't say there's been a particularly good track record when it comes to right-wing Austrian politicians...

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest WNS000

she was also behind efforts (pre-brexit) for the UK to withdraw from the EU Convention on Human Rights. on the other hand I think she brought in legislation to prevent the use of the water cannons Boris bought in the wake of the London riots.

Aye, right enough: http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/apr/25/uk-must-leave-european-convention-on-human-rights-theresa-may-eu-referendum

Dunno if it's just me but I think over the last ten years or so there's been a kind of creeping normalisation of having right-ring headcases in power. May, Gove, Crabb, et al are all slick and presentable like David Cameron but fucking hell, I wouldn't trust any of them as far as I could throw them.

Austria has just had its recent election results - in which a younger far-right candidate narrowly lost to an older and seemingly much more sensible left candidate - contested legally and now thrown out. they're redoing it, and who knows what the result will be this time. can't say there's been a particularly good track record when it comes to right-wing Austrian politicians...

Do you expect extreme-right policies from Norbert Hofer?

Gove and Boris should be hung, publicly, theres shameless & then theres these 2 racketeering cunts, a new low

And you would be the judge, I suppose.

correct for once

judge, jury & executioner

democracy has failed & its time to take scalps

as for Austria, just watch out for their cellars, they tend not to open from the inside

Gove and Boris should be hung, publicly, theres shameless & then theres these 2 racketeering cunts, a new low

And you would be the judge, I suppose.

correct for once

judge, jury & executioner

democracy has failed & its time to take scalps

as for Austria, just watch out for their cellars, they tend not to open from the inside

1620b570-f175-0133-243b-0e1b1c96d76b.gif

this thread garnished about 24 pages worth of responses in the week before and after the referendum. now it's mostly died out, except for bran shouting for someone's head (whom he will never collect because he's an armchair revolutionary).

I think the surge of attention, and subsequent dying off again, is illustrative for the amount of attention people want to give to it: about 2 weeks worth, then we sod off and move on to something else.

Guest WNS000

this thread garnished about 24 pages worth of responses in the week before and after the referendum. now it's mostly died out, except for bran shouting for someone's head (whom he will never collect because he's an armchair revolutionary).

I think the surge of attention, and subsequent dying off again, is illustrative for the amount of attention people want to give to it: about 2 weeks worth, then we sod off and move on to something else.

I think you have a good point. On the other hand people now expect politicians to decide and solve it anyway. Sure you can petition and protest but that is about it I think. Do you personally believe that brexit will really happen?

Not liking the amount of death threats etc by anti-brexit people. Calling names like "Boris Saville" for example.

Boris got fucked over by his party too, the real game of thrones :/

Guest WNS000

Not liking the amount of death threats etc by anti-brexit people.

Agreed. It shows that if there are enough emotions it does not matter if one is on the left or on the right. Radicals and idiots are on the both sides.

metaphorical hanging, you fetid cunts, your habit to pick up the wrong side of dark humour amidst the turmoil says it all

paid up member of Plaid Cymru here, gutted to see this region's future EU funding effectively cut, hardly an armchair type though in a wheelchair i can do handbrake turns, wheelies & endos better than any of you trolling lengths

keep trying with the various alias gimp moves.... now THATS tragic

Guest WNS000

metaphorical hanging, you fetid cunts, your habit to pick up the wrong side of dark humour amidst the turmoil says it all

paid up member of Plaid Cymru here, gutted to see this region's future EU funding effectively cut, hardly an armchair type though in a wheelchair i can do handbrake turns, wheelies & endos better than any of you trolling lengths

keep trying with the various alias gimp moves.... now THATS tragic

So you truly believe brexit is going to happen? It still seems to me (to an outsider) like there is a possibility the government will abandon the idea. The referendum was just "a survey" (an emotional one) wasn't it? They are not obliged to decide according to it, right?

yeah it's not legally binding or anything... I'm not convinced it will ever actually happen either... They'll just take ages about it until hopefully people get bored of the whole thing and forget about it

Guest WNS000

Although they (the parliament) are in a tricky situation, aren't they. Whatever they do, they will angry a half of the population. Now to decide which half would be less hostile...

it's fucking hilarious.

Nearly everyone that made this mess is having the sudden realisation of what they've done and how much work/headaches it would involve to implement.

And they're all going "byyeeeeee"

I can't say I blame him, UKIP basically has no real reason to exist beyond article 50 being started. What is he going to do now though? I get the impression he has burned enough bridges with the Tories not to be let in to the party. Quit politics for good? It would be going off on a high note, relatively speaking.

Kinda drums in the fact that despite all the talk of taking the country back and real democracy, most people don't have much influence over what happens with exit negotiations and how the magic £350mil/week is going to be divided up. People gave Farage shit over the NHS quote, but he isn't PM, why would they have power over how the money is spent? We just have to hope whatever party is in power at the time of exit has the strength to negotiate a good deal with the EU and divide any extra cash up well.

Still, Farage might be kicking himself for not sticking around for longer if this law firm gets their way http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-36700350

Guest WNS000

But he said that he will consider running for the UKIP leader again in September after enjoying some holidays. He also said that he is "a man of his word". We'll see.

Btw isn't the September the month when Cameron leaves?

Do you personally believe that brexit will really happen?

Highly unlikely. The PM has to trigger article 50, and that will unleash such an unseen shitstorm that, I think, few would actually dare to do so. The ones that do are probably unfit to be a PM anyway, but alas, that fact isn't enough to keep somenbody out of the office. Would be interesting to see how the article 50 is going to be used in the campaigning.

.. if at all it's going to be used. 17 million people voted in the referendum. The people who reaaaally wanted to let their voices be heard, used this referendum to do so. that's about 9 million. 9 million is not enough to secure a majority vote in the general election (i assume this. not based on hard facts). I think that come October, the interest people had is a lot lower than it is now, so an exit out of the EU will most probably not happen.

This did fire up a debate though, which is what the EU actually needs. Now I hope something good will come of it.

Guest WNS000

Highly unlikely. The PM has to trigger article 50, and that will unleash such an unseen shitstorm that, I think, few would actually dare to do so. The ones that do are probably unfit to be a PM anyway, but alas, that fact isn't enough to keep somenbody out of the office. Would be interesting to see how the article 50 is going to be used in the campaigning.

.. if at all it's going to be used. 17 million people voted in the referendum. The people who reaaaally wanted to let their voices be heard, used this referendum to do so. that's about 9 million. 9 million is not enough to secure a majority vote in the general election (i assume this. not based on hard facts). I think that come October, the interest people had is a lot lower than it is now, so an exit out of the EU will most probably not happen.

This did fire up a debate though, which is what the EU actually needs. Now I hope something good will come of it.

While brexit would cause a shitstorm within one half of the public, not respecting the referendum (although not legally binding) would definitely angry the other half of the public. Which half of the public would be more easily manageable? I mean the situation cannot end well anyway can it?

it's fucking hilarious.

Nearly everyone that made this mess is having the sudden realisation of what they've done and how much work/headaches it would involve to implement.

And they're all going "byyeeeeee"

It's ridiculous. I guess they never thought they'd win it, much like everyone thought Trump running for president was a joke that would never happen.

does the lack of precedent actually stop the EU kicking us out if we refuse to initiate article 50 ourselves?

Yeah that will never happen.

While brexit would cause a shitstorm within one half of the public, not respecting the referendum (although not legally binding) would definitely angry the other half of the public. Which half of the public would be more easily manageable? I mean the situation cannot end well anyway can it?

Put it off for 2 years and a good proportion of the leave voters will have died of old age

Archived