IGNORED

elseq 1-5

auxien

Why is Jev allowed dupes and nobody else is?

Who would disagree that both chimer 1-5-1 and tbm2 are both very minimal, non-complex, even shallow tracks, especially when compared to the expansive, complex and oceanic masterworks that are elyc6 onset and mesh cinereal?

There is nothing minimal or shallow about chimer 1-5-1

Fed starts simple enough...Part A for 8 bars, Part B for 8 bars (two tracks), combine B over A for 8 bars. At any rate a very different track than what precedes it. It might as well be a pop song.

chimer is definitely in my top 5, as is elyc6... and tbh wouldn't wanna miss TBM2 either

To each their own. To further dissent from the majority, I'm bored by eastre and I really like curvcaten.

Guest Chesney

I think it's great they switched up on the EPs with some more standard grooves. Ae can and will do what they want, they love Hiphop etc so let them flex in this moniker. You don't have to like it, you can judge it but be prepared for people to disagree.

chimer is definitely in my top 5, as is elyc6... and tbh wouldn't wanna miss TBM2 either

To each their own. To further dissent from the majority, I'm bored by eastre and I really like curvcaten.

we're on the same page with these two

When I listen to TBM2, it's like I'm waiting for something to happen and it never does. Plus, I get that "we will rock you" vibe someone else mentioned. I would appreciate more "beat fuckery", that's all. With that being said, I'm glad u agree it's more of a standard tune, and atypical of Autechre, which was part of my original point.

When I listen to TBM2, it's like I'm waiting for something to happen and it never does. Plus, I get that "we will rock you" vibe someone else mentioned. I would appreciate more "beat fuckery", that's all. With that being said, I'm glad u agree it's more of a standard tune, and atypical of Autechre, which was part of my original point.

And I still don't think minimal (or shallow) is the wrong word to use to describe that track.

Cracked eastre (which if you check back in the thread I felt the same way about) with the same method I used to to get more into exai.

With exai, I listened to the whole of Draft and then chucked exai on immediately after, while I was still in the ae frame of mind.

This time around I was listening to Garbage while on a walk after work, decided elseq3 would be a perfect follow up to VLetrmx. Enjoyed it a lot more this time.

Fed starts simple enough...Part A for 8 bars, Part B for 8 bars (two tracks), combine B over A for 8 bars. At any rate a very different track than what precedes it. It might as well be a pop song.

If you snap judge something like this, it will be in your mind every time you listen and you will never actually progress with the track.

I was kinda with you until you dissed Eastre..love it so much.

I like TBM2 and Chimer Ok but I would agree they are among the weaker tracks on the whole thing. I kinda see TBM2 as a nice little palate cleanser between 2 epics

Cracked eastre (which if you check back in the thread I felt the same way about) with the same method I used to to get more into exai.

With exai, I listened to the whole of Draft and then chucked exai on immediately after, while I was still in the ae frame of mind.

This time around I was listening to Garbage while on a walk after work, decided elseq3 would be a perfect follow up to VLetrmx. Enjoyed it a lot more this time.

If you snap judge something like this, it will be in your mind every time you listen and you will never actually progress with the track.

Maybe. I liked/loved Exai instantly.

I was kinda with you until you dissed Eastre..love it so much.

I like TBM2 and Chimer Ok but I would agree they are among the weaker tracks on the whole thing. I kinda see TBM2 as a nice little palate cleanser between 2 epics

"Palette cleanser" is a perfect way to describe it IMO it stands in sharp relief and contrast to its neighboring mega-track

Guest Chesney

exai felt like a fresh accesible pallete cleanser for me after the couple before. Still liked them but Exai was instand, if a little more challenging on length.

exai felt like a fresh accesible pallete cleanser for me after the couple before. Still liked them but Exai was instand, if a little more challenging on length.

Yeah, for me Exai felt paradoxically more accessible and simultaneously more "complex" (for lack of better word here). Like they achieved a different type of beat-fuckery, both more spacey and more earthy(?) maybe

Like it leaves the atmosphere without losing its sense of gravity (?)

Maybe it's because I was more familiar with Autechre by the time they rolled out Exai, but I found it pretty straighforward, at least compared to stuff like Confield or Draft, which I could continue to mine for ages and still come upon stuff I was sure I'd not heard before.

On Exai it didn't sound so much like they were pushing their own boundaries so much as using what they'd previously learned and just really having a blast with it. I loved it on the initial listen, but didn't get that feeling I got with Confield or Draft (and Untilted) on subsequent listens, on those albums it felt more like they were tweaking sounds and the melodies sort of just organically came from that process.

I really like the bitesize EP format of the Elsex. Wasn't Exai also initially meant to be a series of EPs? Or was that just a thread someone made for fun about breaking it into EPs.