IGNORED

elseq 1-5

auxien

I'm probably the only person on WATMM that feels this way, but the AE live stuff is more for me. I'm enjoying tracks off the Elseq1-5 releases but overall the live stuff is more for me.

It's more accessible I guess. I find it difficult to get into really long sporadic tracks, that's all. Not slagging the releases, there are some gems on here for sure.

Maybe over time I'll change my mind.

#same

I said as much in an live set from the Oversteps tour thread last night. I'm feeling the live sets the past 5-6 years more than I am the 'proper' releases (Exai, L-Event, elseq) and though all of the releases have some amazing tracks, overall they're sort of hit and miss for the most part.

After 22 days of essentially exclusive listens to Elseq I can say its moved from the like/promising to love category. I have still have not really deeply delved into most of 2 and 3 (specifically elyc6 0nse, c7b2, TBM2, and mesh cinereaL),. I am hard pressed to pick a favorite between 1,4 and 5 at this point. Their differences become more apparent and each is close to perfect standing alone. Oneum continues to be massively underrated. Latentcall and pendulu hv moda may be the most exemplary tracks (and two of my favorites).

elseq feels decidedly less jammy now that I have the song structures and progressions more learned. It does remain fluid and loose feeling

Guest bitroast

have been drifting back torward the live sets again recently ... post -elseq.

i was finding them super chaotic and harsh at first, but now i am finding them very enjoyable and relatable. not sure if its cos i was mostly listening to the first of the aelive sets earlier, where as now im more listening to the later ones ... or if its the elseq familiarity sinking in... either way... i'm feeling happy to welcome AE_LIVE to the family :^)

I'm probably the only person on WATMM that feels this way, but the AE live stuff is more for me. I'm enjoying tracks off the Elseq1-5 releases but overall the live stuff is more for me.

It's more accessible I guess. I find it difficult to get into really long sporadic tracks, that's all. Not slagging the releases, there are some gems on here for sure.

since elseq came out ive been listening to ae_live a bunch. digging elseq plenty, its like i dont want to get behind or something.

theres so much to still unlock or whatever. krakow makes me suspect owdegger snuck in an hour long composition, standing behind their gear watching the crowd listen to it for the first time. the beginning section, the first 10 minutes or something, i dont see how any of that could be improv, it's so intricate, layered, perfect, and demonstrative of masterful composition.

Don't get me wrong! There are phenomenal tracks so far off elseq. I don't know if it's the length of the tracks that's intimidating or what but I can't dig my claws into it all. Yet. They're still new. I'm not dismissing them. heh. The ae_live stuff grabbed me right away.

As for the ae_live, I've heard Dour, Dublin, Krakow, Kratowice, and Ultrecht now. They all have a very distinct vibe.

We're definitely lucky to have so much to sink our teeth into one way or another.

#same

I said as much in an live set from the Oversteps tour thread last night. I'm feeling the live sets the past 5-6 years more than I am the 'proper' releases (Exai, L-Event, elseq) and though all of the releases have some amazing tracks, overall they're sort of hit and miss for the most part.

Exai was my introduction to autechre. It was immediately one of the strangest but best things I'd ever heard. Still is.

Getting into autechre so late in the game, I missed out on all the oversteps live stuff. There aren't any soundboards, as I understand it? You have any really good quality crowd recordings by chance?

#same

Exai was my introduction to autechre. It was immediately one of the strangest but best things I'd ever heard. Still is.

untilted was my introduction to autechre. I was like, 'man this is the most pretentious unlistenable bullshit I've ever heard' and now it's my fav by them lol

Man, listening to freulaeux on headphones whoa, like being slowly propelled through vast layers of soft cotton clouds, with faint shifts in hue behind my eyelids wavering to the rhythm. Reminded me how someone once described the feeling of opium, falling through soft clouds. Love this track!

I remember downloading untilted as it leaked in on soulseek, all hot and anticipating what they would deliver in the watmm slsk chatroom...and the start of LCC had me think it was a fake, sounded like someone trying to do an autechre track on FL but then that boomy sound came in and then I knew it was the Auteshre.

http://forum.watmm.com/topic/90819-new-source-for-ab-domino-2010/page-1?do=findComment&comment=2453710

Still not fully listened to this new version but is an amazing set and sounds like this is top notch quality for an audience recording

thank you muchly!

I remember downloading untilted as it leaked in on soulseek, all hot and anticipating what they would deliver in the watmm slsk chatroom...and the start of LCC had me think it was a fake, sounded like someone trying to do an autechre track on FL but then that boomy sound came in and then I knew it was the Auteshre.

Wait what specifically is the boomy sound?

It's funny that Untilted is my long time favorite Ae album and I remember playing it to my friends way back then and playing it at work but I have absolutely no recollection how I got the CD.

lol yes azatoth, that was the fake leak. it's time to hear the original

lol yes azatoth, that was the fake leak. it's time to hear the original

Lol

Holy shit, does that mean that I have a faek CD too??! It must be worth a mint!

edit: at about 3 mins into the opening track I was sold it was real auteshre...i must have confused the boomy sound from some other track

Edited by azatoth

I keep trying to listen to this at home but it just makes me want to turn on the monomachine.. which is good, but sometimes I just want to sit back and listen hahah

I keep trying to listen to this at home but it just makes me want to turn on the monomachine.. which is good, but sometimes I just want to sit back and listen hahah

I get this too. By the time I've finished an elseq I'm itching to fire up max. Incredibly inspirational stuff

Today I finished listening to the 24 minute long beauty that is Mesh cinereaL decided I needed more so listened to the fucker all over again :)

Yeah this track is really something, quite psychadelic in that I find it one of their most immersive tracks to inhabit and explore. When its over it can be jarring to return to non-mesh-cinereal reality, so I'll either stop listening to music altogether, or put in on again.

untilted was my introduction to autechre. I was like, 'man this is the most pretentious unlistenable bullshit I've ever heard' and now it's my fav by them lol

russell haswell takes that crown

Today I finished listening to the 24

minute long beauty that is Mesh cinereaL decided I needed more so listened to the fucker all over again :)

Yeah this track is really something, quite psychadelic in that I find it one of their most immersive tracks to inhabit and explore. When its over it can be jarring to return to non-mesh-cinereal reality, so I'll either stop listening to music altogether, or put in on again.

Yes that sums up exactly how I was feeling yesterday when it finished! had got so into the groove of it nothing else would quite satisfy

Today I finished listening to the 24

minute long beauty that is Mesh cinereaL decided I needed more so listened to the fucker all over again :)

Yes that sums up exactly how I was feeling yesterday when it finished! had got so into the groove of it nothing else would quite satisfy

Agreed on all counts. A masterwork. The song right before it has to be a joke.