IGNORED

Autechre Live 2016 Bootlegs

o00o

I usually throw the sets from here up on my mixcloud a/c but several folks have recently said not to re-up and these are just for us at WATMM...

so im asking permission to throw them up anyway guys!!! 

Yay or nay!

someone with good EQ/mixing skills around? - commercial's recordings are excellent but could use some eqing, the bass is so huge in these!!

whoomp there it is: http://forum.watmm.com/files/file/1775-ae-onesix-berlin191116flac/

do whatever you like with it, all this stuff is soon to be made redundant by soundboards anyway (or so i dearly hope at least).

quite content with the result, except the squiggly middle part which is somewhat fubar i'm afraid. with this version i also resumed the original dynamics, the mp3 was a bit overlimited.

_____

as more familiarization sets in the appreciation for this set only grows. i know my initial impression was it doesn't quite have the teleological flow of AE_LIVE, which was overall more funky and "theme driven" so transitions had a tight feeling of urgency... but after a while this one reveals a very own kind of dramaturgy, more about ebbing and flowing and shit... dunno really, anyway: AE TOP OF THEIR GAME! GSÜE!

Edited by jaderpansen

OMG that's us lot at the end of the Manchester recording!  :emb:  :derp:  :facepalm:

Kinda ironic in a way as it's the first AE we didn't bother recording assuming the soundboards will be out eventually.  :rolleyes:

I was wondering if someone was going to step forward and admit to that! ha...

yeh Berlin was massively overdriven... sounded lush tho. Just definitely not as clean as the others...

to recap, I asked Rob how he liked that show, he said he likes Kraftwerk as a space but prefers venues with no reverb.

Asked Haswell, he too said that the reverb there was craaaaaazy (tried to visualize the reverb with gestures).

So tbh not sure where the distortion was coming from; but I do know that Maddock's set was just literally overdriven from the beginning. Just driven the mixer or something. Can room reverb do something like this, sound like overdrive? Me thinks not. So they had some overdrive/distortion somewhere in the signal chain maybe. Dunno. But lush.

Edited by Guest

Just been informed by Dropbox that my links have been suspended, so downloads won't function,

quote: for generating excessive traffic

not something I can put attention to at the moment, it's a Pro account, so that means it's

gone over 200GB a day, according to their stats... if anyone wants to host these elsewhere or

perhaps smaller versions could be submitted to the downloads section send a DM to arrange

something...

Perhaps archive.org?

could make sense for the unmastered versions - anyone had any experience of their policies?

There's certainly tons of bootlegs on there, mastered and otherwise I believe, usually in a range of formats. Also there's stuff like the entire Aphex SC dump.

https://archive.org/about/faqs.php#Live_Music_Archive

It doesn't mention anything regarding mastering etc so I woukd assume there's no problem.

I get the impression from this that if you upload a lossless file (contained in a zip) it converts to lossy formats for you.

Perhaps archive.org?

could make sense for the unmastered versions - anyone had any experience of their policies?

There's certainly tons of bootlegs on there, mastered and otherwise I believe, usually in a range of formats. Also there's stuff like the entire Aphex SC dump.

OK, thanks for your suggestions, I just want to put them somewhere so they'll be available and I don't have

to do admin on them... have suggested watmm to a moderator before and they seemed to think the files were

too big, would be fine if someone wanted to remaster them and post them as watmm downloads, other than

that I'll most likely see if I can get them up on Archive Org, will post links again when I have them sorted out.

Just been informed by Dropbox that my links have been suspended, so downloads won't function,

quote: for generating excessive traffic

not something I can put attention to at the moment, it's a Pro account, so that means it's

gone over 200GB a day, according to their stats... if anyone wants to host these elsewhere or

perhaps smaller versions could be submitted to the downloads section send a DM to arrange

something...

I have it saved as alac in my Dropbox, if anyone wants it let me know.

, I asked Rob

Asked Haswell,

asked

asked them

saw sean

touched them...

where did you find them?! in zagreb they were closed in green room all the time. i was waiting for them after the show, was really hoping to see them, but nothing...:( i was even thinking about going to the green room, i was that desperate; just wanted to shake their hand. maybe this was my last chance... :catcry:

, I asked Rob

Asked Haswell,

asked

asked them

saw sean

touched them...

where did you find them?! in zagreb they were closed in green room all the time. i was waiting for them after the show, was really hoping to see them, but nothing...:( i was even thinking about going to the green room, i was that desperate; just wanted to shake their hand. maybe this was my last chance... :catcry:

haha nah man... didn't look like they would retire soon.. looked content & happy.

Rob was hanging about at the Stingray after show party,

Russell was checking out the emptying venue after Leipzig... bumped into him when he took a twitter pic "free earplugs"

Haven't seen Sean rly, just when they packed in their gear after Leipzig but only from afar