IGNORED

Autechre Live 2016 Bootlegs

o00o

that part from 33:00 , my walls are shaking and raving machines are coming out

Yeah that section that kicks in about 32:00 - 38:00 mins is insane. The people in the venue must have lost their shit

i will go ahead and say that from exai onward is maybe my least favourite autechre period in terms of sound design. it will probably click in a couple years but... life is busy, man. i'll follow autechre into the deepest reaches of space, but elseq is not sinking in. :-/

i will go ahead and say that from exai onward is maybe my least favourite autechre period in terms of sound design. it will probably click in a couple years but... life is busy, man. i'll follow autechre into the deepest reaches of space, but elseq is not sinking in. :-/

Latentcall is not sinking in? How come!?! You need to seriously mesh your cinereaL...

This, but the opposite

i won't run behind and gesticulate that before exai backwards is definitely everyone's most hated autechre period not in terms of sound design. it will most likely not click in a couple years but... life is boring, girl. i refuse to follow autechre anywhere, but elseq is sinking out. :-D

I once was lost, just like you.  

Then I went to the Mezzanine show last year and this moment (https://youtu.be/rS735UpeIbw?t=18m55s)  at 18:59 happened and it was like an audible beam of light (the Voice of God, I'm pretty sure, but God in the form of a locust) blasting into my face and it split every fiber of my being in half.  Now I see your post, reflect on that moment, and shake my head, oh sweet child of summer...  

Then I went to the Mezzanine show last year and this moment (https://youtu.be/rS735UpeIbw?t=18m55s)  at 18:59 happened and it was like an audible beam of light (the Voice of God, I'm pretty sure, but God in the form of a locust) blasting into my face and it split every fiber of my being in half.  Now I see your post, reflect on that moment, and shake my head, oh sweet child of summer...  

Haha. Forgive me, brothers & sisters, i am... a lamb that has been led astray.

For me autechre is all about "I don't get it - then 10 listens later: OOH BOI - soooo get it"

Squarepusher does it too when he does more digital stuff (UV, GP)

RDJ and BoC never really do it - I always get it quick but doesn't make em less enjoyable

but Ae do it every fucking time! LOVE them for that! Its about trust and patience

This, but the opposite

Same.  I was increasingly frustrated with Autechre after EP7 and eventually abandoned them by Quaristice.  But elseq brought me back into the fold hard and also Exai is one of my favorite Autechre albums.

This, but the opposite

Same.  I was increasingly frustrated with Autechre after EP7 and eventually abandoned them by Quaristice.  But elseq brought me back into the fold hard and also Exai is one of my favorite Autechre albums.

I think there's less variation in their approach since they dumped using hardware. I got only really (ashamedly) properly got into AE around Untillted, Quaristice was also awesome (especially variations), never quite gelled with Oversteps but I felt Move of Ten was much more a fans album which I love. Exai has some top draw stuff but also a lot of so-so which is what I felt about Elseq especially for how much it cost for a download. 

Personally think the live stuff is something really special and I love to think the bootlegs we've been hammering over the years have had some influence on the release of the proper soundboards from the webshop although I'm still waiting for a definitive Quaristice tour recording. I'm really liking the current evolution of the live sound which is only a week away. 

Whats the chances of this tour getting on the webshop, i.e. do I have to hold a sweaty recorder all night at Granada studios?  

Edited by soundwave

I've been living in these new sets; so raw. Big thanks again for those who have recorded and those who will record. Hopefully the boys will release the soundboards, but I'm reasonably fearful as they always do something different when I think I know what's next. ;-)

Haha. Forgive me, brothers & sisters, i am... a lamb that has been led astray.

I hope my reply to you did not seem disrespectful.  I just want you to get your face sandblasted off by elseq, and I mean that in the most caring way.  

Autechre @ Tavastia, Helsinki FIN, 15.11.2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rX8NMaGEs6g

I hate to say it, and I hope I'm wrong, but aside from that insane beat around 30 min or so, I'm not really feeling this. hoping because it's new and impenetrable on the surface. hopefully a soundboard or two would change that.

or ya know, come back to New York fellas

Edited by jules

Autechre @ Tavastia, Helsinki FIN, 15.11.2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rX8NMaGEs6g

I hate to say it, and I hope I'm wrong, but aside from that insane beat around 30 min or so, I'm not really feeling this. hoping because it's new and impenetrable on the surface. hopefully a soundboard or two would change that.

or ya know, come back to New York fellas

Blasphemy.