IGNORED

pls

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

During my visit to Paris I accidentally stumbled a free concert at the Philarmonique. There are 2400 seated places, and one guy played the piano for 12 hours. Some people were sleeping, others listened attentively, in turns.

I can't help but think about what kind of performance they could make in such an environment. Like a live version of their webcasts, with their own material.

Achtung WATMMers! I was at their live show in Warsaw this Thursday and if you are looking for mental beat fuckery in the AE_LIVE style - beware. The beats in Warsaw came only in 1/3 of the set and lasted maybe 10 mins (same as in Zagreb bootleg). This was immense experience as the beats reached incredible climax where everything started almost trembling. Craezy! The rest of the music, however, was calmer. It was a slowly morphing sound, texture, drone, soundscape or whatever you wanna call it. A deep and long journey. The boyz must have balls to play a set like this. No matter what, they moved forward again. Will the public follow?

One side note: Since there are no immediate hooks, the public tends to get bored and starts chatting. Petty lame and annoying. 

yeh... well, got a fucking cold now and the one gig is tomorrow. Will go anyway but would be devastated if that were the only gig. Want to hear this while not half dead.

unrelated - check out the mad, mad Copenhagen venue they're playing tonight

Metrotog-DR-Byen.jpg

koncerthuset-copenhagen-federico-parodi_

DR_Byen_Jean_Nouvel_BBH_09.jpg

salsoversigtsaeson20112013.jpg

Archived