IGNORED

Tea Thread (Currently Drinking)

Tricone RC

ooh lush!

let's see what others in this thread choose as receptacles. Do you go full on aesthetic or bogstandard/whatever?

I used to use this mug at work

s-l300.jpg

One of those handleless japanese cups which are neat because as soon as it's cool enough to pick up it's cool enough to drink.

Alas one day I picked it up in its box upside down it slid out and smashed :(

So now I use something I think I was gifted by my mother one xmas years ago and had been sitting in the back of a cupboard ever since.

wwl.dandy_dan_comic_strip.left.jpg

Basically I don't care if I break this one

US tea has sugar in it? I've never tried any tea from US.

Americans (just Southerners really) put life-threateningly large amounts of sugar in iced tea. Cannae stand it.

Yeah Southerners like to sweeten their tea don't they.

I could go for some mugicha (Japanese roasted barley tea) right now. No additives necessary. I miss that natural, woody flavor on a cool October morning.

ujinotsuyu-japanese-green-tea-with-roast

This nice roasted rice tea a Japanese friend of mine from college gave me - I had no idea rice tea was a thing, but I like it. I remember she was appalled at how us southerners usually like our tea

that brand is my go to for green tea with rice. There may be better varieties but for the price genmaicha is really quite nice, tons of flavor.

US tea has sugar in it? I've never tried any tea from US.

Americans (just Southerners really) put life-threateningly large amounts of sugar in iced tea. Cannae stand it.

Yeah Southerners like to sweeten their tea don't they.

Yeah so much so it's more typical of restaurants to be out of unsweet tea than sweet tea. 

I'm coffee all the way though, I never liked tea much.

I have a bad feeling as a married man in Texas that when I hit social security retirement age I will start drinking the stuff without blinking, along with wearing tube socks with white tennis shoes and shorts, tucking in my t-shirt, watching Matlock re-runs, and forgetting my wi-fi password at home.

• 2 weeks later...

Got my first proper pot today and brewed some Lady Earl Grey in it but it's hell of bitter. Any tips? Is is the temperature of the water or the steeping time? Poured boiling water over the tea and steeped for about 4-5 minutes.

Archived