IGNORED

Tea Thread (Currently Drinking)

Tricone RC

Discuss favourite teas guise

Got a cup of cardamom sadaf on the go now (looseleaf), with a splash o' milk obvs. It's a cracking brew

44-6126.jpg

Will probably follow it with a cuppa Glengettie Gold before lunch

literally just sat down with my 5th cup of the day:

barrys16.jpg

...just teabags. this morning it was a full pot made with leaves, drank over an hour or so. drank with a small splash of milk.

currently having a dark chocolate digestive along with it.

^ Barry's is tasty.

At work I drink PG Tips because that is what I'm used to.

Straight up English Breakfast tea for me usually, splash of milk to give it colour, no sugar.  None of this floral / fruity / herbal nonsense.

*edit*

These guys sell a tasty blend, you can probably buy the same stuff cheaper in bulk elsewhere, but I've never managed to find the same taste so I stick with visiting their shop once a year and buying some

http://www.tisanes-tearooms.co.uk/product/english-breakfast/

*double edit*

Whilst at their site, the Chinese Caravan Tea is also an excellent brew.

http://www.tisanes-tearooms.co.uk/product/china-caravan/

In the cupboard at home:

295f754e792c6339d355eb77c40d441a.jpg

c77e5e758e410ea01ad4487f485e8dee.jpg

For work I usually get Stash tea bags, since the only other practical option is using the Keurig.

Edit - Also a fiend for a good lapsang, but they're usually kinda pricey.

Tea thread from not too long ago: https://forum.watmm.com/topic/61852-diggin-on-tea/

I don't even remember if I ever posted in there. I drink lots of green tea, store brand bags at the office and gunpowder leaves at home. Like white too but it's not so common here. And I appreciate black, earl grey etc. but don't buy it for myself.

The Twinings rosehip/hibiscus infusion is more than decent, too.

I mostly drink Chinese gunpowder tea. Usually one pot for breakfast, then maybe some more at work. It's simple, strong and relatively cheap. I get it from the Asian foodstores. Similar teas in specialty or health food stores are about twice as expensive.

I also sometimes drink Russian black tea with milk or chai if I'm in a mood for something milder.

Earl Grey white tip in the morning, then some form of green in the afternoon, right now have both gunpowder and precious eyebrows. Usually add a touch of orange peel, lemon peel, or spearmint for flavor.

I feel lucky because Minneapolis has a nice local herb shop next to the U of M campus. Stocks the exact same tea that TeaSource does but for like a fourth of the price. Got some jasmine phoenix pearls there the other week for like $2/oz.

Pu-erh Tea -  is a variety of fermented tea produced in Yunnan province, China. Fermentation in the context of tea production involves microbial fermentation and oxidation of the tea leaves, after they have been dried and rolled. Very satisfying tea. I carry bags on my person just in case. Good for you.

https://www.nakedmetea.com/6-reasons-to-drink-pu-erh-tea/

and just before christmas I bought a big box of these kirkland ones

Kirkland-Signature-Japanese-Green-Tea-Co

This is my go-to green tea. (this is the one with the extra matcha in the pouch right?)

Nice flavour, cost effective.

Today I'm having some lapsang souchong star black tea.

It's a smoked black tea. Apparently the leaves are dried and smoked over pinewood.

Sounds weird but it's really delicious.

^Lapsang is perfect for the cold winter nights, especially if you have a nice fire going on in the hearth. Haven't had any in my cupboard for ages, maybe a little weekend treat is in store.

I normally have the Clipper green tea & lemon for breakfast and then drink a nice Yorkshire brew for the evenings:

original.png

Best supermarket branded tea around. It puts paid to anything twinings.

Archived