IGNORED

Now That Trump's President... (not any more!)

Nebraska

this probably will all be water off a duck's back like you said...until Congress gets up from off their knees kissing Trump's ass or sucking him off, he's probably going to plow through damned near anything.

Do you think they're clinging to him as a lone beacon of relevance like they did with Palin? I just want to know where that line is for them. I guess we'll find out soon enough, one way or another.

They've proven with Reagan then W. Bush then Palin and now Trump that they'll cling to any shitfucker that'll get them votes and keep them in power and swimming in cash. The only line that matters, and I mean this literally (for the most of them of course), is when the votes/money might stop. That's it. There's no other line. Trump's the most egregious violation of normality and decency and they're still licking his nuts. 

^ Agreed, I'm sticking with my broad "4 types of Trump supporter" pet theory and of that bunch the "Naive Ignorant" and "Pragmatic" supporters will bow out first and rather humbly. The right-wing extreme (the fringe folks) and the religious right / 'traditional' right-wing base will stick around until the end. I think most would eventually acknowledge the mistake but many will still frame it in some delusional manner that absolves them of complacency or excuses it to some degree. My biggest question is whether this will usher a final GOP split into two parties and/or reshuffle things altogether - including a Dem split between truly left-wing social democrats and centrists. 

Either way shit is going to get really weird indeed. I just hope it doesn't dissolve into a last desperate burst of violent hysteria from his most un-hinged base: bombings, mass shootings, armed mobs. 

I mean, shit needs to change but like that would not be ideal.

I still hope for Kamala Harris to get in there somehow.

She's likely going to be a key contender for 2020, still so early tho.

hrm...still no. and I don't think a "bernie sanders circlejerk" will be succesful in the whole. But the democratic party is a pox, it needs to be eradicated.

Both parties need to demolished from the ground up. America does not fall into two camps, they're simply not representative even vaguely anymore. The powerful just wanna keep their power.

I do hope the truly left wing democrats get a bit more ready for prime time. That Ocasio Cortez ho seems a bit too dumb and says shit that isn't even true, making herself an easy target. I'm also completely over Bernie Sanders since mid-late 2016.

If Adam Schiff ran for pres I'd vote for my that rational, no bullshit motherfucker. Joe Biden? Yeah fuck it why not? Let's get some rational boring ass motherfuckers up in this bitch running the USA and shit

no

The whole point is to win back AT LEAST the house of representatives in November, which is still no guarantee. This is fucking crucial, like a fucking national security imperative. The democrats will have to look at this like Moneyball, not a Bernie Sanders, circlejerk, which won't be anywhere near as effective as you think. They need to take a stance that will wake up the lite-Trump voters to vote for them as well if we don't wants to be shitting our pants this election either. After that, it's go time, baby.
yeah dude, this strategy worked perfectly in 2016 I think you’re on to something here
Yeah let’s keep talking about abolishing ICE even though it only looks like a winning strategy to the kind of people who wrote Bernie in on the ballot and handed Trump the presidency. Their messaging sucks right now and so does most peoples’ understanding of the current political climate apparently. Bernie and Cortez are basically controlled opposition meant to polarize voters even more.

Don’t forget that Bernie’s campaign manager Tad Levine also advised Yanukovich in Ukraine... sort of like Paul Manafort. And that if he never ran, Trump wouldn’t be president.

lol ok

ICE is fucked up. needs total overhaul and needs its name changed back to what it was pre-ICE.... INS - immigration and naturalization service. as it is now they're the fucking gestapo w/their tactics. 

abolishing the dems and repubs might sound good but w/in those groups there's a wide range of opinions. they're not a monnolithic cult though at times behave like one.  on local and state levels it's much different and more representative of the local population.. usually. 

but whatever... we're all just a splat on the windshield.. climate change is gonna disrupt it all and wash/burn it clean.

learn to swim people.. and eat fucking rocks.. learn to swim.. and eat rocks. 

FLOL

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/trump-ever-got-impeached-think-market-crash-120503051.html

“If I ever got impeached, I think the market would crash,” Trump told Fox News. “I think everybody would be very poor. Because without this thinking you would see, you would see numbers that you wouldn’t believe in reverse.”

FLOL

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/trump-ever-got-impeached-think-market-crash-120503051.html

“If I ever got impeached, I think the market would crash,” Trump told Fox News. “I think everybody would be very poor. Because without this thinking you would see, you would see numbers that you wouldn’t believe in reverse.”

he is the dumbest motherfucker

FLOL

sounds like a threat

^no one who has anything to do with the stock market believes that shit when he says it, they all know better. He's just trying to scare his base into backing him. I assume it's working.

Jeff Sessions actually bounced back at Trump a little, was surprised at that. Curious if he's maybe goading Trump into firing him, because that might actually get Congress to stand the fuck up. As much shit as Trump talks about Sessions, I would love to see the little guy just knock the piss out of Trump one day. Trump deserves it as much of a snivelling shit-talker he is. Y'all hear the tape Omarosa let out of her calling him after Kelly fired her? He was such a pussy about it 'oh wow, yeah they're telling me about that, I had no idea, I just hate that. Gosh!' what a fucking baby. I hope he goes down kicking and screaming when they drag his ass away in cuffs one day.

How do the Manafort and Cohen cases relate to the Russia collusion investigation? Don't mean to bait a debate about this here. I'm just looking for the strongest evidence that we have currently.

Edited by agaricus

Directly, not much. Both came about due to the investigation into Russian interference of course...but the more interesting aspect is what both of them could have: insider info into Trump's ties with Russia (if there are any).

Do they have to be connected? It looks like they discovered he was doing some illegal shit while they were doing the investigation so they indicted him.

I thought the implications RE cohen is that Drumpf A) had some illegal or questionable behaviours that he wanted to cover up and B) paid money to cover them up to influence (or prevent influencing) the election.

Not related to Russian collusion really but still perhaps illegal (are you allowed to pay private money to influence an election, even if it's just covering up the truth?).

Manafort I thought is the most direct link to Russian anything. The question is whether or not Drumpf knew what Manafort was doing and I thought evidence was pointing towards "yes"?

Not to mention when someones credo is "drain the swamp" and people that close to him are obviously up to things incredibly illegal and swamplike.....

I'm way way behind on the times when it comes to these things so I'm just saying those are my understandings.

Edited by Bulk VanderHooj

i think it's all going to come down to money laundering and moving funds around and doing illegal shit and they'll trace payments to russia and hackers or something like that.  they will find whatever dirt there is but they have to look lot's of places and reel it in.  they'll find something linking a business deal in russia or the pee tape. 

in just beginning this investigation they got all kinds access to things and turned over a lot of rocks.. each rock is a dot to connect that leads to the next rock.. it's why they turned over some charges to state of NY instead of following through w/prosecution on their own. what they're finding out is there is a web of corruption and the president is involved w/an surrounded by a criminal enterprise. this in itself compromises him. once they figure out how deeply he's compromised they can pul that thread. 

there's a larger strategy at work. turn over lot's of rocks and find connect all the dots. the dirt is there. we all know it is. everything the security agencies pointed to warrants an investigation right? 

edit:

oh an obstruction. the cover up is what always gets them. 

Edited by ignatius

^no one who has anything to do with the stock market believes that shit when he says it, they all know better. He's just trying to scare his base into backing him. I assume it's working.

I am not too sure about the people working the stock market knows what they are doing either. They are doing the same things as they did before the crash of 2008 and keep buying up shares like Tesla even when it's losing money and building crap cars. I think they have been huffing their own farts for so long they can't see straight. There will be a massive crash within five years, guaranteed.

Edited by azatoth

180823-fox_news-one-time-use-paula-dunca

Paula Duncan didn't wear her red "Make America Great Again" hat when she arrived in court to serve on Paul Manafort's jury.

She kept it in her car, she tells NBC News.

But Duncan, an ardent supporter of President Donald Trump, came to the Manafort trial thinking that Robert Mueller's Russia investigation is a witch hunt that is maligning a good president and dividing America.

She still thinks so.

But she also had no doubt that Paul Manafort, once Trump's campaign chairman, was guilty. She would have convicted him on all counts, she said, but she and 10 other jurors were stymied by a lone holdout.

And no, she doesn't believe that person, a woman, was a Trump supporter.

"I wanted Paul Manafort to be innocent, but he wasn't," Duncan told NBC News.

Duncan, a homemaker who lives in Leesburg, Virginia, said she believes Manafort was a "pawn," in Mueller's Russia probe, an investigation about which she has serious doubts.

She's not even sure Russia interfered in the election.

"I as a voter, when I went out to check my boxes I didn't see any Russian holding a gun to my head, so how could Russia have affected the campaign results," said Duncan, who first spoke to Fox News.

FLOL

Hahahahahahaha! What the fuck does that mean?

"I as a voter, when I went out to check my boxes I didn't see any Russian holding a gun to my head, so how could Russia have affected the campaign results," said Duncan, who first spoke to Fox News.

:facepalm:  :facepalm:  :facepalm:

:facepalm:  :facepalm:  :facepalm:

Trump come, Trump go. Stupid stay forever.

Do they have to be connected? It looks like they discovered he was doing some illegal shit while they were doing the investigation so they indicted him.

No they don't have to be connected, don't think agaricus was getting at that? Just seemed an honest question to me.

The only thing so far directly related to Trump has been Cohen's guilty plea of campaign finance abuse or whatever in which he names the candidate who became the president (they stop short of actually using Trump's name for legal reasons I think, because he's not been indicted yet....much like what happened with Nixon....hm....).

I'm way way behind on the times when it comes to these things so I'm just saying those are my understandings.

Mostly on track I think. I think regarding the question that you can pay to influence an election (all ads are that basically) as long as it's public or done through the right channels and used for the right reasons...using campaign money, or funneling money from charities, to or from a campaign that is paid to hide a scandal in secret goes against that.... (i could be mis-stating or have some details wrong there)

i think it's all going to come down to money laundering and moving funds around and doing illegal shit and they'll trace payments to russia and hackers or something like that.  they will find whatever dirt there is but they have to look lot's of places and reel it in.  they'll find something linking a business deal in russia or the pee tape. 

in just beginning this investigation they got all kinds access to things and turned over a lot of rocks.. each rock is a dot to connect that leads to the next rock.. it's why they turned over some charges to state of NY instead of following through w/prosecution on their own. what they're finding out is there is a web of corruption and the president is involved w/an surrounded by a criminal enterprise. this in itself compromises him. once they figure out how deeply he's compromised they can pul that thread. 

there's a larger strategy at work. turn over lot's of rocks and find connect all the dots. the dirt is there. we all know it is. everything the security agencies pointed to warrants an investigation right? 

edit:

oh an obstruction. the cover up is what always gets them. 

Yeah, pretty much. The Russian connections may turn something up, but all the rest we're seeing is plenty of 'bad' no matter.

I am not too sure about the people working the stock market knows what they are doing either. They are doing the same things as they did before the crash of 2008 and keep buying up shares like Tesla even when it's losing money and building crap cars. I think they have been huffing their own farts for so long they can't see straight. There will be a massive crash within five years, guaranteed.

Yeah, you're not wrong exactly....but the 'crash' that's bound to come will either be mild and just a resetting of expectations (overdue) or something that seems major (~5K or perhaps more point drop in the DOW) but really isn't likely to be a long term issue. Probably. I'm guessing that the financial issues that are on the horizon are not directly stocks-related, more likely issues with dollar values and int'l trade related (Turkey, China, Greece, Brexit, Germany, EU, Middle East, etc.,) and these will of course have serious effects on the markets but be based more in 'who do we trust and hold our dollars and future trade with.' Right on about the Wall Street people being fucking over the moon for now, though, they're getting it while the getting's good (can't blame them).

No they don't have to be connected, don't think agaricus was getting at that? Just seemed an honest question to me.

The only thing so far directly related to Trump has been Cohen's guilty plea of campaign finance abuse or whatever in which he names the candidate who became the president (they stop short of actually using Trump's name for legal reasons I think, because he's not been indicted yet....much like what happened with Nixon....hm....).

It was a rhetorical question. I wasn't trying to be snide. He literally asked "How do the Manafort and Cohen cases relate to the Russia collusion investigation?" They don't have to directly relate although they have a strategy they're working through.

It was a rhetorical question. I wasn't trying to be snide. He literally asked "How do the Manafort and Cohen cases relate to the Russia collusion investigation?" They don't have to directly relate although they have a strategy they're working through.

didn't think you were being snide, just thought you were questioning agaricus' questioning or something, wasn't trying to be rude in response either, hope I wasn't. all's good, nbd  :beer: