IGNORED

Now That Trump's President... (not any more!)

Nebraska

interesting.

can't help but feel trump/kushner we're naive in the way they thought to do some financial deals during the elections. either naive, or they actually didn't even want to win. they were hoping to lose and get some money in the process. doing business trump-style. that, or they actually wanted to win and deal with the russians (and arabs/israel) in the process.

to me, it only makes sense if they intended to lose the election and tried to gain a lot of investments in their business.

interesting.

can't help but feel trump/kushner we're naive in the way they thought to do some financial deals during the elections. either naive, or they actually didn't even want to win. they were hoping to lose and get some money in the process. doing business trump-style. that, or they actually wanted to win and deal with the russians (and arabs/israel) in the process.

to me, it only makes sense if they intended to lose the election and tried to gain a lot of investments in their business.

Lol like an episode of south park or something?

And all this shit trump is doing is him trying to get fired but people are just eating it up en masse?

Do they have to be connected? It looks like they discovered he was doing some illegal shit while they were doing the investigation so they indicted him.

No they don't have to be connected, don't think agaricus was getting at that? Just seemed an honest question to me.

The only thing so far directly related to Trump has been Cohen's guilty plea of campaign finance abuse or whatever in which he names the candidate who became the president (they stop short of actually using Trump's name for legal reasons I think, because he's not been indicted yet....much like what happened with Nixon....hm....).

It was a rhetorical question. I wasn't trying to be snide. He literally asked "How do the Manafort and Cohen cases relate to the Russia collusion investigation?" They don't have to directly relate although they have a strategy they're working through.

didn't think you were being snide, just thought you were questioning agaricus' questioning or something, wasn't trying to be rude in response either, hope I wasn't. all's good, nbd :beer:

Yeah, I wasn't trying to be provocative. I do not support Trump either, but mostly for other reasons (environmental policy, terrible appointments, and his general behavior). I did some looking last night, and found out the Stephen is right. It's Manafort's case that is the most interesting with regard to Russia I think. The court date for the relevant indictments is set for September I believe.

Anything Russia related I am particularly interested in. Ultimately I think it's in the best interest of both USA and Russia to improve relations rather than destroy them. In my opinion, the USA has done more to harm the relationship than Russia has after the Cold War and up until now. Russian government is probably not entirely innocent.

Russia is not a huge threat to the USA or the West in general. Their military small compared to ours, and their economy is much better than it was ever was, but not great either. Warheads are more of an insurance policy for nation states anyway. No one wants to use them, besides maybe NK but that's mostly hot air for now.

There's not much to gain by destabilizing the western nations. Russia would benefit from trade and cooperation with the West, and i've come to believe Vladmir Putin fully understands this. He's commonly characterized as a nostalgic KGB killer who laments the loss of Soviet rule and manipulates everyone he meets. This is crude and silly. It's entirely possible to be fond of the old days while also acknowledging catastrophe. You're welcome to disagree, but I don't think being an international villain is on his agenda.

Anyway, if either Donald or his gang did the crime, they should do the time. The 2016 election was an embarrassment even without Russian help.

Edited by agaricus

interesting.

Lol like an episode of south park or something?

And all this shit trump is doing is him trying to get fired but people are just eating it up en masse?

I've the "Trump never intended to win" argument before. Hell Norm McDonald mentions it here, theorizing that Trump was doing this 100% for publicity and would have probably started a TV network or Breitbart-esque media site to rag on HRC and the establishment GOP and Dems.

He didn't and he's embraced the powers without taking up the responsibility as a head of state. Sure he puts it on at times but that's his M.O. - motherfucker wings it 100% in every way - he excels at talking a lot without saying anything. Snakeoil sales are part of his reptilian brain. 

That South Park plot is an acute point: they've flat out admitted they have no idea how to tackle the Trump era, it's absurdity beyond satire.

Bottom right corner of the "pleaded guilty" square - Richard Pinedo has clearly been working on his ICBYD smile... possibly working on stealing RDJ's identity gauging from his credentials and charges.  Looks like he came pretty close too.  How deep does the rabbit hole go?

I wonder if this David Pecker dude has dirt on members of Congress and members of the media too. It might have been the source of the dirt on Eric Schneiderman, the NY attorney general who had to step down for weird sexual misconduct. Trump probably thought getting rid of him would make these new troubles go away.

But the new NY AG is like the legal honey badger of death and won’t stop until everyone is totally fucking mangled and I enjoy that.

^Pecker has similar catch and keep stories on media people. One talking head today mentioned he had something on Cosby and used it to get the old perv to participate in interviews or some shit. Supposedly at least some others according to them at least (have not verified any of that)

Edited by auxien

Bottom right corner of the "pleaded guilty" square - Richard Pinedo has clearly been working on his ICBYD smile... possibly working on stealing RDJ's identity gauging from his credentials and charges.  Looks like he came pretty close too.  How deep does the rabbit hole go?

Duuude, George Papadopolis was a character on the the 80's sitcom Webster - the titular Webster's adoptive dad, a former pro football player played by actual former pro football player Alex Karras.  It was a complete rip of Diff'rent Strokes (black youth, played adopted by rich white ppl, said youth played by little person) but I member watching it anyway.  At this point the creator of this simulation is just fucking with us.

Duuude, George Papadopolis was a character on the the 80's sitcom Webster - the titular Webster's adoptive dad, a former pro football player played by actual former pro football player Alex Karras.  It was a complete rip of Diff'rent Strokes (black youth, played adopted by rich white ppl, said youth played by little person) but I member watching it anyway.  At this point the creator of this simulation is just fucking with us.

you mean Mongo? 

Democrats strip superdelegates of power and reform caucuses in 'historic' move.

The Democratic National Committee voted Saturday to significantly curtail the power of superdelegates and make presidential caucuses more accessible, overcoming objections from a vocal minority of its membership.

The reform package, pushed by DNC Chairman Tom Perez and allies of Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders, among others, passed overwhelmingly by voice vote at the DNC’s summer meeting here — two years after the process started.

Perez and others hailed the outcome as momentous, saying the reforms will help welcome new people into the party by reassuring them that their vote will never be overruled by the party leaders who can vote for whomever they want for the presidential nomination.

I'm actually surprised he's successfully putting effort into staying within the lines. Would have expected him to completely disregard those. But the maverick in him is changing the colors though. Perhaps as an ode to the late McCain?

(Rip)

Edited by goDel

holy fucking shit, trump doesn't know how to color a US flag

https://twitter.com/2020fight/status/1033170724146442242

DlaPS5TV4AA6d56.jpg

lol, nicely done.

And hurra for the democrats actually doing something democratic

Edited by Gocab