IGNORED

Now That Trump's President... (not any more!)

Nebraska

Remember how the mainstream media has been trying to frame Trump as this anti-press and anti-free-speech, almost totalitarian figure? It's been said and written by different journalists over and over and over. Trump is against medias. Trump hates the press. Trump has thin skin, he can't tolerate questions by journalists. Etc., etc. Well, I think it was interesting to see Peston on Sunday ask Julian Assange, quite the living symbol of free speech and free press if there ever was one, what he thinks about the issue. By the way, I find it sad that CNN, FOX News, MSNBC, (etc.), are not even curious to ask him the same questions. As I said, they don't even mention his name! All in the name of democracy, of course. Anyway, here it is.

PESTON. What you are saying, what you have been publishing hurts Hillary Clinton. Would you prefer Trump to be president?
ASSANGE. Well, I think Trump is a completely unpredictable phenomenon. You can't predict what he would do in office. You can predict a bit more what the republican party would do in office. From my personal perspective, well, you know, the e-mails we published show that Hillary Clinton is receving constant updates about my personal situation. She has pushed for the prosecution of Wikileaks, which is still in train. So, we do see her as a bit of a problem for freedom of the press, generally.

Source: https://youtu.be/VGG0jKB0oLE?t=105

Trump had a post convention boost, Clinton will get the same.

In fact, in the first poll since the democratic convention, Clinton is back ahead again (+1 with Rasmussen, the fox news of polling).

These are awkward times for the american governement. Wanna see how they try forcing down our throats the idea that Russia is behind the DNC leaks to help Donald Trump get elected? Try watching this without cringing. This is bad theatre. It's like saying, well, instead of addressing the real possibility of a rigged political party (which the DNC leaks seemed to suggest), let's focus on Russia, our archenemy, even if we have NOTHING concrete to present about the matter, and let's never EVER talk about what the leaked e-mails revealed, even if we have A LOT of information about this, thanks to these e-mails. So dishonest, so absurd, so illogical, so stupid, unless they're all trying to make sure that Hillary Clinton gets elected. Then, this is all makes perfect sense. They're protecting one of their own. But then again, if this is indeed what they're doing, it means that the whole american political system is rigged. Oops.

https://youtu.be/ZK673kl74_0?t=128

Edited by MassfreeKid

Trump's post convention bump was meager. He'll be well behind Clinton in the polls soon enough. That said, I think it will get closer in the polls as the election draws nearer. Trump's campaign has show that nothing he says matters and he'll have his supporters no matter what.

It will be interesting how he'll do in the debates, because his rah-rah approach might not work as well in the general election debates. He'll just complain on twitter that the press is unfair to him.

Are people really surprised that the DNC was strategizing to get a lifelong democrat elected over a candidate who only caucuses with them?

These are awkward times for the american governement. Wanna see how they try forcing down our throats the idea that Russia is behind the DNC leaks to help Donald Trump get elected? Try watching this without cringing. This is bad theatre. It's like saying, well, instead of addressing the real possibility of a rigged political party (which the DNC leaks seemed to suggest), let's focus on Russia, our archenemy, even if we have NOTHING concrete to present about the matter, and let's never EVER talk about what the leaked e-mails revealed, even if we have A LOT of information about this, thanks to these e-mails. So dishonest, so absurd, so illogical, so stupid, unless they're all trying to make sure that Hillary Clinton gets elected. Then, this is all makes perfect sense. They're protecting one of their own. But then again, if this is indeed what they're doing, it means that the whole american political system is rigged. Oops.

https://youtu.be/ZK673kl74_0?t=128

hillizardy.jpg?w=417&h=235