IGNORED

New countdown, new release? [Aphex Twin Warp Store]

Time Tourist

11 hours ago, donquixote said:

Init. Reckon rich would let us crowd fund the mastering of some new SoundCloud tunes for the store?

Never say never... but I think that's something close to his heart so he'd probably want to do it or work with someone he trusts to do it.

9 hours ago, Joyrex said:

Never say never... but I think that's something close to his heart so he'd probably want to do it or work with someone he trusts to do it.

How cool would it be if that happened and rdj allowed us to come up with / vote on a full on concept, cover art, title and group of tracks from the dump for an official (or non official) EP or LP?? (With his approval / collaboration of course) ... An open source concept of sorts.

Edited by Lane Visitor
Forgot word

2 hours ago, Lane Visitor said:

How cool would it be if that happened and rdj allowed us to come up with / vote on a full on concept, cover art, title and group of tracks from the dump for an official (or non official) EP or LP?? (With his approval / collaboration of course) ... An open source concept of sorts.

My dreams are simpler than that. We choose some tracks..chip in cash to pay for beau to master them. We get copies. Rich can sell them in his store. 

I think joyrex may be right that rich has bigger plans though as it explains why by we haven't had "Sam's car" etc. like I've said before, nothing happens in this industry overnight. 

10 hours ago, Lane Visitor said:

That would be really cool - I know from what he's told me in the past he's keen on getting all his old material mastered and archived properly - now this predated the Bleepstore, so I don't know if it was in the cards at the time to sell that stuff, but now there's the outlet to do so...

8 hours ago, donquixote said:

My dreams are simpler than that. We choose some tracks..chip in cash to pay for beau to master them. We get copies. Rich can sell them in his store. 

I think joyrex may be right that rich has bigger plans though as it explains why by we haven't had "Sam's car" etc. like I've said before, nothing happens in this industry overnight. 

I think while it is important to him, he's focused more on making music as that's what drives him. He might be getting bored of a trip down memory lane, which is why we haven't seen that many SoundCloud releases, nor any Bleepstore activity.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Joyrex said:

That would be really cool - I know from what he's told me in the past he's keen on getting all his old material mastered and archived properly - now this predated the Bleepstore, so I don't know if it was in the cards at the time to sell that stuff, but now there's the outlet to do so...

I think while it is important to him, he's focused more on making music as that's what drives him. He might be getting bored of a trip down memory lane, which is why we haven't seen that many SoundCloud releases, nor any Bleepstore activity.

dont kill my dreams!! ? he's gonna get the rights back off R&S and do us a big Selected ambient works 1+. it will be mine oh yes. ?

2 minutes ago, donquixote said:

dont kill my dreams!! ? he's gonna get the rights back off R&S and do us a big Selected ambient works 1+. it will be mine oh yes. ?

If there was any release in desperate need of remastering, it's SAW 85-92...

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Freak of the week said:

digital release of ui green with extra tracks

i own a second version of the ui CD megamix where the slap bass thing just develops into a full set with midi trumpets and jon hawke playing the harmonica. then for the big finale all the short tracks on the red disc play one by one and everyone applauds.

While we're on the subject, someone in this thread posted pictures of the mixing desk apparently used for the UI releases:

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/electronic-music-instruments-and-electronic-music-production/943257-what-were-aphex-twin-daft-punk-mulitracking-90s-6.html

No prizes for guessing what my gear slutz name is. 

Edited by donquixote

7 hours ago, Freak of the week said:

nice. one of the ui green tracks appeared in the sc dump as "100m 3" which of course means that afx made it. the whole green sounds like him imo. this one could be sosw untitled's cousin:

UI Green was always known to be by Richard (there's a rumour that GWC supposedly did the last track on the 7")

3 hours ago, Joyrex said:

UI Green was always known to be by Richard (there's a rumour that GWC supposedly did the last track on the 7")

I always assumed that, but I never saw/read any official confirmation that the entire Green (minus the potential GWC track) was made by Richard alone. We all know that the popular belief is that Richard did Red and Green, while Dred did Blue and Yellow, but I was always curious about whether they were actually collaborating on some of these.

18 minutes ago, Freak of the week said:

I always assumed that, but I never saw/read any official confirmation that the entire Green (minus the potential GWC track) was made by Richard alone. We all know that the popular belief is that Richard did Red and Green, while Dred did Blue and Yellow, but I was always curious about whether they were actually collaborating on some of these.

This is how i feel. Even as a kid in the 90s I believed green was Daddy but never really seen any official confirmation. Fella on the forum insists it's a Collab, tho it definitely sounds like the popular belief of Rich being Green/Red. Mikey being Blue/Yellow. Does it matter....nah. 

Love to know what mixers our boy used at Lannerlog tho??!?!? Anyone? Plz rich

Edited by donquixote

53 minutes ago, Freak of the week said:

There was a lot of shall we say 'disinformation' in the early days of Rephlex. Look at the whole Bradley Strider stuff, where first they claimed it was a separate person, then when @Bambi  (aka Mike P) spilled the beans on Brad Strider being Richard, Grant tried to claim it was actually Manuel Sepulveda (the guy who designed quite a few Rephlex covers and most notably DrukQs) using Richard's gear to make the tracks... yeeaah, sure.

All done in fun but frustrating from a fan perspective (or fun for the fans to figure out) - which might have been the point! :dadjoke:

Supposedly the legendary CAT002 had four tracks, two by Richard, two by Grant. CAT003 (attributed to IG-88 aka GWC) also was a GWC release (as I have been told).

All lost to the sands of time now...