Jump to content
Time Tourist

New countdown, new release? [Aphex Twin Warp Store]

Recommended Posts

On 9/6/2019 at 7:17 AM, MIXL2 said:

u mean like everything he has released since syro? :emotawesomepm9:

Apart from CCAI. And Orphaned Deejay Selek. And Korg Trax. And 3 Gerald Remix. And ... well, you get my point. 😉

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, IDEM said:
On 9/6/2019 at 7:17 AM, MIXL2 said:

u mean like everything he has released since syro? :emotawesomepm9:

Apart from CCAI. And Orphaned Deejay Selek. And Korg Trax. And 3 Gerald Remix. And ... well, you get my point.

I made a big post about this a while back, see 

Spoiler

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

really digging collapse a lot, a year later. very strong ep. the no stillson tracks are also really good. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MIXL2 said:

I made a big post about this a while back, see 

  Reveal hidden contents

 

Yeah, I get that re: Collapse, maybe even Cheetah (even if the A side is slower than anything on Syro), but how does it relate to any of the releases I've listed? Not trying to be a smartass, I just don't hear it. *shrug*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, IDEM said:

Cheetah (even if the A side is slower than anything on Syro)

Opium tracks indeed lol 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lachesi said:

Opium tracks indeed lol 

More syrup than Syro

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cheetah has been a real sleeper for me. Find myself going back to it quite a bit more than I thought I would. I remember at the time it came out of left field unexpectedly, real low key. Good grooves.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, hijexx said:

Cheetah has been a real sleeper for me. Find myself going back to it quite a bit more than I thought I would. I remember at the time it came out of left field unexpectedly, real low key. Good grooves.

Yes, Cheetah is my favorite from the EP's. Slow and lush. Cirklon3/Cheetah3 and 2X202-ST5 are A++++. Can't understand the general contempt. Maybe I'm just so special :whistling:

About the others, CCAI pt.2 is another gem which I still love as much as I did in the day it dropped. I have little mixed feelings about ODS, has some great tracks (NEOTEKT2 or pretend analogue from bonuses) but the overall feeling of the album leaves me bit cold. Korg tracks are more like a sampler EP for Monologue or something. Collapse is 4/5, (the title track is 10/5 though). DFN is one big behemoth. Style-wise it was totally unexpected and took a bit to get used to, but once it hit, it hit hard.

I already agreed with MIXL2 on the other syro thread, that I too think that Rich has has followed this particular style from syro onwards. All the post-syro releases have added their own angle to the saga, but the overall soundscape has more or less followed it. Which is fine by me since I dug syro, but if you're not a fan, it must be a bummer.

Edited by Uros
typooooo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My 2 Bob on the subject:

 

Cheetah rocks (like classic phex redone, think Gak with a cirklon)

 

CCAI. I love this too but in a producer wanky dream way. I played it to my other half and joked that I wanted to get drums and robots and shit after I'm bored of synth. I say joked, I'd actually love to do this! Rich playing out my dreams of mad shit I could do with cash. Bless you Rich for continuing to play with electronic music. 

 

Edit:

 

Collapse. Well what's too say. incredible. As much as I'm fundamentally a Aphex traditionalist who just wants more SOSW ect. This spans every era of aphex. There's something for everyone in this ep surely. 

 

😬

Edited by donquixote

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

analord is where richard achieved initiation into a higher musical reality. post-analord stuff is the work of a master.

 

Edited by very honest
  • Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/12/2019 at 6:18 AM, very honest said:

analord is where richard achieved initiation into a higher musical reality. post-analord stuff is the work of a master.

 

Ya know it's funny, the more I keep rediscovering his recent post analord work, the more I feel the same way. I used to long for the early days ... Of course  I still can never get enough of it, but lately I've been more and more mezmorized by Analord, The Tuss, Syro, Cheetah, etc. It's just all so goddamn good. New Twin seems to have a creeping effect, it grows on you... Like you have to wear it in before you fall in love.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/14/2019 at 12:05 AM, Lane Visitor said:

Ya know it's funny, the more I keep rediscovering his recent post analord work, the more I feel the same way. I used to long for the early days ... Of course  I still can never get enough of it, but lately I've been more and more mezmorized by Analord, The Tuss, Syro, Cheetah, etc. It's just all so goddamn good. New Twin seems to have a creeping effect, it grows on you... Like you have to wear it in before you fall in love.

I wonder if Warp or Mu will do a definitive Analord release someday, with bonus tracks.  My mate's wife made a far superior binder than the vinyl crap binder Rephlex mailed out.

IMG_7365.JPG

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rubin Farr said:

I wonder if Warp or Mu

Why would Planet µ re-issue the Analord series?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

64 tracks in analord digital

64 hexagrams in the I Ching

coincidence?

Edited by very honest

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did anyone buy the Analord digitals when they were available on Rephlex's (short lived) digi store? Always wondered what the unmastered versions sounded like. Almost bought them but I did the math and it was gonna be like nearly $100 usd at the current exchange rate and I had already bought the vinyl series + binder at that point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Rubin Farr said:

I wonder if Warp or Mu will do a definitive Analord release someday, with bonus tracks.  My mate's wife made a far superior binder than the vinyl crap binder Rephlex mailed out.

IMG_7365.JPG

Where can I order? I just completed my collection. and now I feel I need something just like this. Unfortunately, I'm not exactly what you'd call a crafty person, nor do I know anyone who is.

12 minutes ago, hijexx said:

Did anyone buy the Analord digitals when they were available on Rephlex's (short lived) digi store? Always wondered what the unmastered versions sounded like. Almost bought them but I did the math and it was gonna be like nearly $100 usd at the current exchange rate and I had already bought the vinyl series + binder at that point.

You lookin" to sell? 😄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Joyrex said:

Why would Planet µ re-issue the Analord series?

Because they did Mike & Rich remastered.  I doubt outside Warp, Richard would trust many other labels with his work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, IDEM said:

You lookin" to sell? 😄

Naw Analord series is pretty swell, prob the ones I'll hang onto for a while. Sold binder + analord 10 black wax a few years ago tho, kept the analord 10 picture disc. Couldn't pass up unloading it for $400.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, hijexx said:

Naw Analord series is pretty swell, prob the ones I'll hang onto for a while. Sold binder + analord 10 black wax a few years ago tho, kept the analord 10 picture disc. Couldn't pass up unloading it for $400.

Yeah, I'm just lookin' for the/a binder. They do look kind of crappy in the ol' Expedit all by themselves.

Is your picture 10 still lookin" alright? Mine has yellowed a fair bit in one place, and it bugs me more than it probably should.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, hijexx said:

Did anyone buy the Analord digitals when they were available on Rephlex's (short lived) digi store? Always wondered what the unmastered versions sounded like. Almost bought them but I did the math and it was gonna be like nearly $100 usd at the current exchange rate and I had already bought the vinyl series + binder at that point.

I might've been the last person to buy the entire Analord digis

Got it all downloaded

then the site went

I Remember having to do a workaround to get to the page to order

I was also trying to convince my wife

about getting digi Analogue Bubblebath 5 and 4, I think?

But within Two days

Rephlex was gone forever

 

Analord, Syro and Collapse

Three Points o' Rave

   :aphexsign::aphexsign::aphexsign:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rubin Farr said:

Because they did Mike & Rich remastered.  I doubt outside Warp, Richard would trust many other labels with his work.

Well, I wonder why MIKE & Rich would be released by Planet µ...

kermit the frog GIF

  • Haha 2
  • Burger 2
  • Farnsworth 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, IDEM said:

Is your picture 10 still lookin" alright? Mine has yellowed a fair bit in one place, and it bugs me more than it probably should.

Looks ok but a little crackly when played, that’s just how picture discs go I suppose.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, hijexx said:

Looks ok but a little crackly when played, that’s just how picture discs go I suppose.

Did 10 come in a clear PVC bag?  If so, take that shit out! lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What happens with the Analord clear sleeves? All mine are in those sleeves.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just meant if it's a PVC bag, as I don't believe they came with inner paper sleeves correct?  I usually take any picture disc out of the sleeve just to play it safe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...