IGNORED

New countdown, new release? [Aphex Twin Warp Store]

Time Tourist

7 hours ago, hijexx said:

Cheetah has been a real sleeper for me. Find myself going back to it quite a bit more than I thought I would. I remember at the time it came out of left field unexpectedly, real low key. Good grooves.

Yes, Cheetah is my favorite from the EP's. Slow and lush. Cirklon3/Cheetah3 and 2X202-ST5 are A++++. Can't understand the general contempt. Maybe I'm just so special :whistling:

About the others, CCAI pt.2 is another gem which I still love as much as I did in the day it dropped. I have little mixed feelings about ODS, has some great tracks (NEOTEKT2 or pretend analogue from bonuses) but the overall feeling of the album leaves me bit cold. Korg tracks are more like a sampler EP for Monologue or something. Collapse is 4/5, (the title track is 10/5 though). DFN is one big behemoth. Style-wise it was totally unexpected and took a bit to get used to, but once it hit, it hit hard.

I already agreed with MIXL2 on the other syro thread, that I too think that Rich has has followed this particular style from syro onwards. All the post-syro releases have added their own angle to the saga, but the overall soundscape has more or less followed it. Which is fine by me since I dug syro, but if you're not a fan, it must be a bummer.

Edited by Uros
typooooo

My 2 Bob on the subject:

Cheetah rocks (like classic phex redone, think Gak with a cirklon)

CCAI. I love this too but in a producer wanky dream way. I played it to my other half and joked that I wanted to get drums and robots and shit after I'm bored of synth. I say joked, I'd actually love to do this! Rich playing out my dreams of mad shit I could do with cash. Bless you Rich for continuing to play with electronic music. 

Edit:

Collapse. Well what's too say. incredible. As much as I'm fundamentally a Aphex traditionalist who just wants more SOSW ect. This spans every era of aphex. There's something for everyone in this ep surely. 

?

Edited by donquixote

On 9/12/2019 at 6:18 AM, very honest said:

analord is where richard achieved initiation into a higher musical reality. post-analord stuff is the work of a master.

Ya know it's funny, the more I keep rediscovering his recent post analord work, the more I feel the same way. I used to long for the early days ... Of course  I still can never get enough of it, but lately I've been more and more mezmorized by Analord, The Tuss, Syro, Cheetah, etc. It's just all so goddamn good. New Twin seems to have a creeping effect, it grows on you... Like you have to wear it in before you fall in love.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/14/2019 at 12:05 AM, Lane Visitor said:

Ya know it's funny, the more I keep rediscovering his recent post analord work, the more I feel the same way. I used to long for the early days ... Of course  I still can never get enough of it, but lately I've been more and more mezmorized by Analord, The Tuss, Syro, Cheetah, etc. It's just all so goddamn good. New Twin seems to have a creeping effect, it grows on you... Like you have to wear it in before you fall in love.

I wonder if Warp or Mu will do a definitive Analord release someday, with bonus tracks.  My mate's wife made a far superior binder than the vinyl crap binder Rephlex mailed out.

IMG_7365.JPG

• Like 3

Did anyone buy the Analord digitals when they were available on Rephlex's (short lived) digi store? Always wondered what the unmastered versions sounded like. Almost bought them but I did the math and it was gonna be like nearly $100 usd at the current exchange rate and I had already bought the vinyl series + binder at that point.

2 hours ago, Rubin Farr said:

I wonder if Warp or Mu will do a definitive Analord release someday, with bonus tracks.  My mate's wife made a far superior binder than the vinyl crap binder Rephlex mailed out.

IMG_7365.JPG

Where can I order? I just completed my collection. and now I feel I need something just like this. Unfortunately, I'm not exactly what you'd call a crafty person, nor do I know anyone who is.

12 minutes ago, hijexx said:

Did anyone buy the Analord digitals when they were available on Rephlex's (short lived) digi store? Always wondered what the unmastered versions sounded like. Almost bought them but I did the math and it was gonna be like nearly $100 usd at the current exchange rate and I had already bought the vinyl series + binder at that point.

You lookin" to sell? ?

14 minutes ago, IDEM said:

You lookin" to sell? ?

Naw Analord series is pretty swell, prob the ones I'll hang onto for a while. Sold binder + analord 10 black wax a few years ago tho, kept the analord 10 picture disc. Couldn't pass up unloading it for $400.

1 minute ago, hijexx said:

Naw Analord series is pretty swell, prob the ones I'll hang onto for a while. Sold binder + analord 10 black wax a few years ago tho, kept the analord 10 picture disc. Couldn't pass up unloading it for $400.

Yeah, I'm just lookin' for the/a binder. They do look kind of crappy in the ol' Expedit all by themselves.

Is your picture 10 still lookin" alright? Mine has yellowed a fair bit in one place, and it bugs me more than it probably should.

36 minutes ago, hijexx said:

I might've been the last person to buy the entire Analord digis

Got it all downloaded

then the site went

I Remember having to do a workaround to get to the page to order

I was also trying to convince my wife

about getting digi Analogue Bubblebath 5 and 4, I think?

But within Two days

Rephlex was gone forever

Analord, Syro and Collapse

Three Points o' Rave

:aphexsign::aphexsign::aphexsign:

1 hour ago, Rubin Farr said:

Because they did Mike & Rich remastered.  I doubt outside Warp, Richard would trust many other labels with his work.

Well, I wonder why MIKE & Rich would be released by Planet µ...

kermit the frog GIF

• Haha 2
  • Burger 2
  • Farnsworth 1

3 hours ago, IDEM said:

Is your picture 10 still lookin" alright? Mine has yellowed a fair bit in one place, and it bugs me more than it probably should.

Looks ok but a little crackly when played, that’s just how picture discs go I suppose.

Yeah, I did it too late, and mine is certainly affected. The normal Analord sleeves should be fine though, it's just those thicker PVC ones, I think, especially in conjunction with sunlight. Dunno why some record still come in the pesky things.

Edit: Okay, maybe it's the RTI ones as well, according to the link above. Huh.

Edited by IDEM

• 5 weeks later...