IGNORED

New countdown, new release? [Aphex Twin Warp Store]

Time Tourist

41 minutes ago, cruising for burgers said:

who da fuck whistles at an Afx show? ffs...

slo birds

happy belated fathers joke day 

Edited by jules
  • Like 2
  • Haha 6
  • Burger 1
  • Big Brain 1

I hate feeling ungrateful for this, but FCUUUK! 4 tracks!!?? Come on Richard… We wait for years and then it’s just an EP again. Man…

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, bulut said:

I hate feeling ungrateful for this, but FCUUUK! 4 tracks!!?? Come on Richard… We wait for years and then it’s just an EP again. Man…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The good news is 6 tracks with the Barcelona tracks.. 
But Yes I feel you and that main track is nice but the unreleased stuff he have been played live is much better like the ones he played in Brooklyn for example. 

This track is more of a chill electronica track but not so amazing like the one he played at Sonar. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, cern said:

But Yes I feel you and that main track is nice but the unreleased stuff he have been played live is much better like the ones he played in Brooklyn for example. 

This track is more of a chill electronica track but not so amazing like the one he played at Sonar. 

Ole Richie boy is sitting on loads of banger tracks he only played live (and probably his mates 'cause he likes to do that).  We have yet to see ALL of them put on a circular disc or electronic bit tech.

• Like 2

So where do we get to listen to clean copies of these Barcelona tracks?
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, bulut said:

So where do we get to listen to clean copies of these Barcelona tracks?

Thats a very good question.. To be honest I thought Blackbox Life Recorder would be released 26 June and Barcelona tracks 28 June. 
Now they talking about end of July and stuff.. So this can take some time to be out 

9 minutes ago, cruising for burgers said:

Blackbox Life Recorder 21f / in a room7 F760

Vinyl (12" Coloured Vinyl) Clear vinyl

Pre-order. Estimated release date: 07.28.23

Nice!

.. And the 2 Barcelona tracks? 

24 minutes ago, bulut said:

Yeah. Seems like a bit of anticlimax to me as well. Was expecting more to sink my teeth into. Hey ho. 

• Like 3

The thing Im going to do: 

1. Place the Blackbox Life Recorder Ambient track as Track 5 of the EP.
2. Then place the 2 Barcelona Tracks as 2 Bonus Tracks.. If not sound totally different from the main EP. 

Maybe then get more of an album experience? 

The tracks seem so short tho.. I just bought it to frame it in. Love the cover! 

• Like 2

I ain’t a fan of the trend of extra tracks being released almost at the same time but not on the CD or vinyl that people are paying a lot of money for. I’d prefer them all on the CD thanks not some half arsed version. I’m not in the best of moods (work stuff) so best I just watch a bit of tv. 

Edited by beerwolf
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, DavieAddison said:

He got rid of the section for Old Cassettes. It was just there yesterday. They're never coming :catsob:

41333154_Screenshot2023-06-15at11_51_20AM.png.733d0eb372326c9e7f8b9c4500887b25.png

Yeah, also spotted that right away when checked the store after warp newsletter. There was some vague hearsay hints in the other thread about a possibility of other platform for those tracks. If I got it right, another sc dump not happening probably because Warp wants their $$$. Really hope these lost & found tapes will happen at some point in one format or another. We need that Field Day saw era track. In the meantime gonna enjoy the hell out of the EP. blackbox is a killer.

21 minutes ago, cruising for burgers said:

no clue... didn't even know about that... source? I know it must be somewhere around this thread or the other 3 same threads about rdj new releases but tldr...

https://rateyourmusic.com/release/ep/aphex-twin/barcelona-16_06_23/

A: rfc pt8
B: afxfm e

I think it maybe gets released next week

• Arfc pt8

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, cern said:

https://rateyourmusic.com/release/ep/aphex-twin/barcelona-16_06_23/

A: rfc pt8

B: afxfm e

I think it maybe gets released next week

yeah, thanks, not compiling these 2 tracks with the blackbox ep is a really shitty move...

• Like 1