IGNORED

New countdown, new release? [Aphex Twin Warp Store]

Time Tourist

33 minutes ago, Uros said:

Yeah, also spotted that right away when checked the store after warp newsletter. There was some vague hearsay hints in the other thread about a possibility of other platform for those tracks. If I got it right, another sc dump not happening probably because Warp wants their $$$. Really hope these lost & found tapes will happen at some point in one format or another. We need that Field Day saw era track. In the meantime gonna enjoy the hell out of the EP. blackbox is a killer.

I don't see why he can't just sell them and give Warp a cut then, even if he just wanted to price them absurdly low. Or just dump a bunch of tracks for free somewhere else using an obvious alias for plausible deniability.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, beerwolf said:

Yeah. Seems like a bit of anticlimax to me as well. Was expecting more to sink my teeth into. Hey ho. 

4 trax and 1 is a just a different version... if it is something like 't69 collapse [durichroma]' don't even bother...

1 hour ago, cruising for burgers said:

4 trax and 1 is a just a different version... if it is something like 't69 collapse [durichroma]' don't even bother...

durichroma was fire tho ???

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Rubin Farr said:

If they don’t release the digitals for sale, that will get pirated to death.

Yep If so they deserve that! 

For some reason I am more curios about the Barcelona tracks than the Blackbox EP 

On 6/21/2023 at 3:35 PM, DavieAddison said:

He got rid of the section for Old Cassettes. It was just there yesterday. They're never coming :catsob:

41333154_Screenshot2023-06-15at11_51_20AM.png.733d0eb372326c9e7f8b9c4500887b25.png

Hope this is not the case.

16 hours ago, cern said:

Yep If so they deserve that! 

For some reason I am more curios about the Barcelona tracks than the Blackbox EP 

One thing's for sure, there's definitely more than just the Blackbox Life Recorder EP coming out in the near future.

• Like 2

Just now, Pirtek said:

One thing's for sure, there's definitely more than just the Blackbox Life Recorder EP coming out in the near future.

What is that based on?

10 minutes ago, psn said:

There's WAP483, for one.

Wasn't that the Barcelona Vinyl though? Can't be bothered to scroll back and see if anyone has answered that question already.

On 6/21/2023 at 10:05 PM, cern said:

https://rateyourmusic.com/release/ep/aphex-twin/barcelona-16_06_23/

A: rfc pt8
B: afxfm e

I think it maybe gets released next week

• Arfc pt8

why isn't this on Warp's website?

4 hours ago, chronical said:

r/aphextwin - BARCELONA SONAR VINYL : It’s about time ! Can’t wait

:catsalute: (not mine, from reddit)

more info pls... where to order it?

we need more bangers like this pls Richie...

simple one hit drums with the meticulous reverbs here and there, dirty nasty 303 that turns into a triumphant melodie, ghostly pads, the classic drum break that pops in at 2m28s... fucking classic!!! silence! there's silence in between samples... makes it groovier because the beats can actually breath...

https://stringsmagazine.com/silence-the-way-in-which-great-composers-use-the-absence-of-sound-has-a-profound-impact-on-their-music

collapse is missing this, everything is so packed up and glued togheter, so many unnecessary snare/clap rushes... lots of reverbs and fx... there's almost no clean samples, delays everywhere... I know there's a lot of work on it and I admire it but it doesn't really hit the right buttons for me... feels like it collapsed over itself into a sink hole... ? 

and this new BBC song, the Roland TR samples don't really match with the breaks he's using... something off with the mix, they sound like a really lame acompaignement to the breaks, which by themselves would be more than enough...

I know nobody asked so I'll kindly fuck off...

But I mean, gag me with a spoon, these swinging shakers, could listen to this forever... same with produk29 what's his face... fantastich musics...

sent from my Nokia 3310

Edited by cruising for burgers
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, cruising for burgers said:

we, so many unnecessary snare/clap rushes... 

I know it's just an opinion but come on hahaha. At least with the way I hear it every bit of percussion fits together to create something greater than the sum of it's parts etc. Seems strange to pick out specific parts and go, I don't like that, it's unnecessary, like looking at a portrait and going, I don't like mouths, he shouldn't have painted a mouth.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, vkxwz said:

I know it's just an opinion but come on hahaha. At least with the way I hear it every bit of percussion fits together to create something greater than the sum of it's parts etc. Seems strange to pick out specific parts and go, I don't like that, it's unnecessary, like looking at a portrait and going, I don't like mouths, he shouldn't have painted a mouth.

I think he is quite right tho.. Well I don't think it's unnecessary drums but little bit too much drums on a smooth track!
In my case I mostly crave for crazy Aphex-drums, I love that shit! I want to hear like Vordhosbn, T69 Collapse, Tuss etc

But In my opinion sometimes Tracks like Bwoon Dub, Love7 and listen to Pretend Analog Extmix is like just drums and percs from 1 or 2 drum machines
and it just feels so right on time and place and not too much or too little for the track. Just right amount! Don't need to go wilder here. 

BlackBox Life Recorder is more like these last tracks more chill and hunting. I would prefer more chill drums going on.. Maybe in the use 1 or 2 drum machines.. 
The DMX Oberheim which he uses percs from here would be just perfect if he used it only. 

10 hours ago, cruising for burgers said:

we need more bangers like this pls Richie...

simple one hit drums with the meticulous reverbs here and there, dirty nasty 303 that turns into a triumphant melodie, ghostly pads, the classic drum break that pops in at 2m28s... fucking classic!!! silence! there's silence in between samples... makes it groovier because the beats can actually breath...

https://stringsmagazine.com/silence-the-way-in-which-great-composers-use-the-absence-of-sound-has-a-profound-impact-on-their-music

collapse is missing this, everything is so packed up and glued togheter, so many unnecessary snare/clap rushes... lots of reverbs and fx... there's almost no clean samples, delays everywhere... I know there's a lot of work on it and I admire it but it doesn't really hit the right buttons for me... feels like it collapsed over itself into a sink hole... ? 

and this new BBC song, the Roland TR samples don't really match with the breaks he's using... something off with the mix, they sound like a really lame acompaignement to the breaks, which by themselves would be more than enough...

I know nobody asked so I'll kindly fuck off...

But I mean, gag me with a spoon, these swinging shakers, could listen to this forever... same with produk29 what's his face... fantastich musics...

sent from my Nokia 3310

I had this on late last night on my turntable in the attic (my wife wasn't pleased with the volume lol!)

Yeah, absolutely brilliant. Cranked it right up for Simple Slamming. What a track!!

• Like 1