Mrs Jynx - Jynx's Garden 2xCD

Mellow U

RP8_Digital_Cover_Small.jpg

Mrs Jynx

Jynx's Garden

Recycled Plastics

RP8

www.recycled-plastics.net

After years of planning, compiling and remastering, Recycled Plastics is beaming with pride to present JYNX'S GARDEN, a twenty-five track retrospective of music by the inimitable MRS JYNX. Containing almost completely unreleased works, going back to as early as 2004, this collection has been lovingly tidied up and sequenced by The Analog Botanist, emphasizing depth and contour for maximum aural contentment.

Musically, Mrs Jynx's work is (perhaps topically described as) the sonic equivalent of those old Lisa Frank binders girls carried to school in the 1980's - bursting with every color you can imagine, psychedelic candy for the senses. Beneath the bright sunrays and endless blue skies, however, are some truly formidable compositional and sound-design talents. Jynx's music is inherently melodic, but there's never a dull moment in her bouncing drum machine rhythms or tight, funky basslines either. You also won't find a musician beholden to using the sounds of "classic" drum machines and synthesizers - rather, Mrs Jynx makes these machines do what she wants them to do, and say what she wants them to say.

Many of these tracks have stayed with me since I first met Hannah sometime in 2006, and I've taken them everywhere - when I performed in Germany and raved about her work to people there, and whenever I found a spot for a remix on a Milieu album (or something here at RP), I'd be able to count on her to contribute only the very best work. I was ecstatic when I found out she'd been picked up by Mike Paradinas for releasing at his Planet Mu imprint, and yet - I was always amazed that these songs didn't make the cut on either of her fantastic albums there (2008's The Standoffish Cat and 2010's Shark Carousel). So, the act of assembling such a stellar compilation of my favorite Mrs Jynx music and being able to facilitate its release at my own label, is nothing short of a career highlight for me.

I'm certain that this music will bring wide smiles and tickled eardrums to people all over the world, which is exactly what the world could use more of: Happiness. Indeed, that is perhaps the best way to sum up Hannah's sublime creations - Mrs Jynx is happiness, and all you need to do is press play. 

Bandcamp: https://recycledplastics.bandcamp.com/album/jynxs-garden

Pre-order the 2xCD and get the first 12 trax immediately! Pre-orders ship on or around September 1st! Limited to 100 copies!

P.S. There's a new Milieu album out right now at RP too! https://recycledplastics.bandcamp.com/album/fugue-state-phases

Ive gotta stay out of this folder Im haemorrhaging money like one of those pearl rodents from Valerian. Some of those Grainger 3 cd packs look so good. Mrs Jynx very talented indeed.

Hey thanks everybody for checking this out! Hannah's a genius, IMO. Beyond happy to be doing this with her. 

Will post photos here once ze pressing arrives from ze factory!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey everyone, shipping update!

The double disc cases took a lot longer to arrive than expected, so we've only been shipping copies out since about two weeks ago now. On top of that, it seems like the delay has been a blessing in disguise, as the recent hurricanes here have thrown our postal service off track, and shipped stuff that went out late August/early September has been going missing/coming back as of late.

Everything has been going out in the order it was received, so your patience is appreciated! If you're outside of the US, you'll know when your stuff is on the way via an automated notification email with a tracking number.

P.S. We're currently also going through the Jynx archive to assemble a possible single/EP to release, possibly this Autumn. Stay tuned!

Hey everyone, shipping update!

The double disc cases took a lot longer to arrive than expected, so we've only been shipping copies out since about two weeks ago now. On top of that, it seems like the delay has been a blessing in disguise, as the recent hurricanes here have thrown our postal service off track, and shipped stuff that went out late August/early September has been going missing/coming back as of late.

Everything has been going out in the order it was received, so your patience is appreciated! If you're outside of the US, you'll know when your stuff is on the way via an automated notification email with a tracking number.

P.S. We're currently also going through the Jynx archive to assemble a possible single/EP to release, possibly this Autumn. Stay tuned!

Cheers for the update.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Got the double-CD album from Jynxs and it's amazing! I highly recommend it, and if you want the discs, there's only 2 copies left. Get them before it's too late! The artwork is beautiful and it's a great release overall.

On 9/21/2017 at 10:03 PM, Mellow U said:

I wonder did this happen and I missed it?

mrs Jynx makes aural lurveliness

On 12/9/2019 at 12:21 AM, ARPA said:

I wonder did this happen and I missed it?

mrs Jynx makes aural lurveliness

No, this didn't materialize...yet.

Archived