IGNORED

AI - The artificial intelligence thread

YO303

13 minutes ago, Nebraska said:

really waiting for someone to Ai one of the celebrity/reality TV sex tapes.. do that thing ^^^ but with kim kardashian's sex tape and turn the ray J guy into kanye or something and Kim into also kanye so kanye is fucking himself.  

is this a niche request? why hasn't this happened yet? i think it'd be a funny way to troll kanye a bit. or make hitler fuck kanye or something. some edgelord on 4 chan has to be plugging away at all these things 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

19 hours ago, ignatius said:

is this a niche request? why hasn't this happened yet?

it's not niche. it has, and is happening. they're just not allowed on most public websites / forums

40 minutes ago, Nebraska said:

^^^

"you've been making some good tracks" jfc..  buncha randos gonna spit out a lot of this shit and feel like they've been "working" all day making tracks. 

also, that track is weird in parts. can hear the reverb doing something weird during some of the changes. it kind of smears and the reverb comes forward while the strings go to the back then they come back forward again. 

• Like 1

I fucking hate that shit. What if we gave creative humans the ability to live off their art and gave all the mundane routine shit to automation instead?

Anyways, looks like there's more and more bots talking amongst themselves on social media. The whole process seems fully automated and utilizing AI for all their content. I found this bunch of twitter users pretty randomly today, and even though I can't prove they're not real people, something seems a bit off.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Diu5-Py-Oz-400x400.jpg

97-Sw-Au-D-400x400.jpg

1-B8af-D8-400x400.jpg

cf-Vo1-AD7-400x400.jpg

VBf-Xl5-Jd-400x400.jpg

jd-xfva-Y-400x400.jpg

lh-Ojt-B7k-400x400.jpg

b-IL8fj-Yy-400x400.jpg

ok-Ywyy2p-400x400.jpg

h-T0-QUq-Ok-400x400.jpg

a-Bvs-HIw0-400x400.jpg

0-AB1o-UYM-400x400.jpg

K6-Ptif-I-400x400.jpg

These are just a select few, there are a ton of these. Good thing Elon got rid of all the bots. Facebook also seems to be overflowing with AI engagement farmers/images that all the boomers think are real and interact with. I guess the dead internet theory is becoming reality.

Edited by Silent Member
  • Haha 4

So Pink Floyd had a contest for animating videos to DSOTM.. Guess which of the below won? 

On 4/10/2024 at 2:46 AM, ignatius said:

really waiting for someone to Ai one of the celebrity/reality TV sex tapes.. do that thing ^^^ but with kim kardashian's sex tape and turn the ray J guy into kanye or something and Kim into also kanye so kanye is fucking himself.  

is this a niche request? why hasn't this happened yet? i think it'd be a funny way to troll kanye a bit. or make hitler fuck kanye or something. some edgelord on 4 chan has to be plugging away at all these things 

cant wait for AI therapy.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Wunderbar said:

ChatGPT al therapist is already a thing 

They blocked a direct request for therapy but if you ask therapy related questions it got really good answers 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Wunderbar said:

This arguably how it all started: https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2023/jul/25/joseph-weizenbaum-inventor-eliza-chatbot-turned-against-artificial-intelligence-ai

I forget which of his documentaries it is, but Adam Curtis has a section on this guy and how he first tried the chatbot therapist on his secretary. She apparently asked him to leave the room after she got started so that she could talk more openly (to the computer).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/11/2024 at 2:50 AM, Silent Member said:

Anyways, looks like there's more and more bots talking amongst themselves on social media. The whole process seems fully automated and utilizing AI for all their content. I found this bunch of twitter users pretty randomly today, and even though I can't prove they're not real people, something seems a bit off.

GK-VmbiasAAYz_K?format=jpg&name=medium

• Burger 1

On 4/11/2024 at 11:14 AM, ignatius said:

"you've been making some good tracks" jfc..  buncha randos gonna spit out a lot of this shit and feel like they've been "working" all day making tracks. 

also, that track is weird in parts. can hear the reverb doing something weird during some of the changes. it kind of smears and the reverb comes forward while the strings go to the back then they come back forward again. 

Sounds like trash. Dynamics suck. plus that weird reverb thing you mentioned. Also totally unoriginal.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, chenGOD said:

Sounds like trash. Dynamics suck. plus that weird reverb thing you mentioned. Also totally unoriginal.

that's the thing.. people will spit out Ai garbage that is just like what they listen to today and think it's fire or something..  it will just make more of the shit that already exists and is common.  in a few years we'll get an interview in future music with someone who makes an Ai album and they'll say how hard they worked because they wrote 10,000 prompts to get the album they wanted. 

• Burger 1

33 minutes ago, ignatius said:

in a few years we'll get an interview in future music with someone who makes an Ai album and they'll say how hard they worked because they wrote 10,000 prompts to get the album they wanted. 

at this point why wouldn't the label execs just hire a bunch of eager kids 'who know the stuff' to write the prompts

i mean if the game is to maximize profits why not just go all the way lol

46 minutes ago, cichlisuite said:

at this point why wouldn't the label execs just hire a bunch of eager kids 'who know the stuff' to write the prompts

i mean if the game is to maximize profits why not just go all the way lol

someone certainly will do that. an andrew tate kind of douchebag

9 hours ago, ignatius said:

someone certainly will do that. an andrew tate kind of douchebag

If it results in giving people music they want to listen to, I don't really see the harm. There's so much garbage out there already and I don't see how it affects me negatively at all. Nobody is gonna delete your Autechre albums and replace them with ai music.

I can see a possible future where there is ai music that is genuinely interesting, but the current wave is extremely boring. I can't stand listening to any if it for more than 5 seconds, probably because the way the models are trained is to try to generate something that people would use a predefined set of words to describe, so it's only goal is to create something recognizable as a specific genre. When a human does this it's extremely boring too.

• Farnsworth 1

12 minutes ago, vkxwz said:

If it results in giving people music they want to listen to, I don't really see the harm. There's so much garbage out there already and I don't see how it affects me negatively at all. Nobody is gonna delete your Autechre albums and replace them with ai music.

I can see a possible future where there is ai music that is genuinely interesting, but the current wave is extremely boring. I can't stand listening to any if it for more than 5 seconds, probably because the way the models are trained is to try to generate something that people would use a predefined set of words to describe, so it's only goal is to create something recognizable as a specific genre. When a human does this it's extremely boring too.

yeah.. maybe only people who have good taste should have access to the ai 😉  i kid..

but you made me lol..

Normies: "first they came for the autechre and i said nothing..." 

i still think it's shit that Ai is being focused on the arts instead of the boring jobs that people hate.. but i suspect it's all going to go bonkers everywhere.. Ai balls deep in every sector.  teaching kids at home via some iPad Ai thing that has one biased view.. while another iPad Ai thing teaches other homeschooled kids a different set of biases. 

there's already some Ai based tools, machine learning tools for all kinds of sound sorting and sample sorting etc for producers.. and there's that thing you can buy that's a plug in that you run your half baked ideas through then apply a (insert producer) brain to and it comes out the other end sound like that person's laid hands on it. 

this whole line of thought makes me think about the happy accidents and imperfections/mistakes that people leave in their music.  

Ai looking backwards through the lens of musical history. .genre by genre is going to present us with some weird shit i think.. eventually. if someone smart does something with it that is.. i hope there's some pure geeks in the mix somewhere steering things away from pure commodification. "let's experiment" vs "let's monetize it". 

open source Ai. we'll see. 

42 minutes ago, ignatius said:

yeah.. maybe only people who have good taste should have access to the ai 😉  i kid..

but you made me lol..

Normies: "first they came for the autechre and i said nothing..." 

i still think it's shit that Ai is being focused on the arts instead of the boring jobs that people hate.. but i suspect it's all going to go bonkers everywhere.. Ai balls deep in every sector.  teaching kids at home via some iPad Ai thing that has one biased view.. while another iPad Ai thing teaches other homeschooled kids a different set of biases. 

there's already some Ai based tools, machine learning tools for all kinds of sound sorting and sample sorting etc for producers.. and there's that thing you can buy that's a plug in that you run your half baked ideas through then apply a (insert producer) brain to and it comes out the other end sound like that person's laid hands on it. 

this whole line of thought makes me think about the happy accidents and imperfections/mistakes that people leave in their music.  

Ai looking backwards through the lens of musical history. .genre by genre is going to present us with some weird shit i think.. eventually. if someone smart does something with it that is.. i hope there's some pure geeks in the mix somewhere steering things away from pure commodification. "let's experiment" vs "let's monetize it". 

open source Ai. we'll see. 

it’s in the corporate sector as well. ai programming assistants like github copilot are changing the way programmers work. ai tools are being used to augment/replace support personnel at companies. those are just the easy ones due to the amount of data available to train on. obviously getting it into robotics will be  the big leap but tons of desk job stuff is being affected already. if you start writing an email, gmail will complete it for you based on context in your own emails

• Like 2
  • Burger 1

14 hours ago, ignatius said:

yeah.. maybe only people who have good taste should have access to the ai 😉  

This new artificial-intelligence-enabled wearable lets you access the power of AI models such as OpenAI's ChatGPT 4.0 and Google's Gemini, plus a mix of others, wherever you are with a simple tap of the finger.

https://www.wired.com/review/humane-ai-pin/

• Facepalm 2
  • Farnsworth 1

3 minutes ago, Nebraska said:

This new artificial-intelligence-enabled wearable lets you access the power of AI models such as OpenAI's ChatGPT 4.0 and Google's Gemini, plus a mix of others, wherever you are with a simple tap of the finger.

https://www.wired.com/review/humane-ai-pin/

This thing got trashed so hard by basically all tech blogs and YouTubers all over the internet yesterday 

• Like 1

cross posting this from the social media thread as there is some Ai relevance.  a really good and a solid rant with receipts. bends towards what they're doing w/Ai and why etc. props to @iococoi for the link. 

10 hours ago, iococoi said:

This is the state of the modern internet — ultra-profitable platforms outright abdicating any responsibility toward the customer, offering not a "service" or a "portal," but cramming as many ways to interrupt the user and push them into doing things that make the company money.

16 minutes ago, Nebraska said:

https://www.limitless.ai/#pendant

"go beyond your mind's limitations"

finally! hopefully we can even get rid of our limited minds for good and just buy a bunch of pendants

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

it's a fckn recorder? so, like the black mirror episode but for your ears only. 

here ya go.. 64gb voice recorder for $19.

https://www.amazon.com/Digital-Recorder-Activated-Lectures-Meetings/dp/B0CWKVRJNV/ref=sr_1_14?

Edited by ignatius

image.png.387503f5f0ea1b422d37772d11d5b653.png

Each year, the AI Index lands on virtual desks with a louder virtual thud—this year, its 393 pages are a testament to the fact that AI is coming off a really big year in 2023. For the past three years, IEEE Spectrum has read the whole damn thing and pulled out a selection of charts that sum up the current state of AI (see our coverage from 2021, 2022, and 2023).

https://spectrum.ieee.org/ai-index-2024

• Like 1