IGNORED

Music To Confuse Normie Coworkers With

Bechuga

I played Further Down The Spiral for a small room full of dutch bros-drinking, microbrewery-obsessed uppity younger millenials at the last place I worked and i dont remember it lasting too long. Dont know what I was thinking but it was definitely worth it while it lasted.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Today played Jandek and it went down a treat*! Looking forward to trying some more of these out. :D

*the vice-manager, who is a sadist, loved watching everyone else recoil in horror

My attitude towards music is starting to overtake my son's view of music. He irks when he hears something top 40 and country and feels a sense of "I know shit you don't" when he talks about music with his friends... He listens to that Bones character in my previous post. 

As far as work goes, when the topic of "What music do you listen to" came up when I first started, the only artist I shared was Boards of Canada. I listen to music at work mostly with headphones since my coworker plays country and top 40 music. He finds it really weird that I haven't any of the current pop tunes. I'm like "I'm over here man... I shut that shit out of my life!" 

I'm at the point that I don't speak about music to people unless they ask and I see that they are interested. If they interrupt me with "Oh like Dubstep?" I zone out.

lol wait is that jimmy barnes?

yes lol

first I'd heard of him - no idea what his rep is in his home country but I consider this a great first impression

haha, I guess he's considered a bit of a national treasure in australia, "if ya don't love barnesy get out"

cf. this track's intro and sample of a cold chisel track

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6frL1VCmb8

^ actually relevant to the thread

but yeah he's known for his scream, which makes that kirin j callinan track even more hilarious, it's great that he's become self aware and can take the piss

Thanks for the bump! Plenty to choose from. Worker morale is rapidly dwindling, as my own rises. Their misery is my joy...

Seeing as it's Christmas season soon, any recommend Xmas releases? I would like someone or some group performing recognisable Xmas tunes but in an...unconventional way.

Thanks for the bump! Plenty to choose from. Worker morale is rapidly dwindling, as my own rises. Their misery is my joy...

Seeing as it's Christmas season soon, any recommend Xmas releases? I would like someone or some group performing recognisable Xmas tunes but in an...unconventional way.

https://www.discogs.com/master/view/1179310

Archived