IGNORED

Your pointless thoughts & observations

Plum

15 minutes ago, Tim_J said:

Synchronicity?

yeah forgot about that one.

For the other word thing, it would be a word that describes that weird feeling you get from noticing a specific word being said a lot over a few days. 

Edited by Brisbot

8 minutes ago, Tim_J said:

tell us more pls

Uhm... well I had a massive tonic clonic (grand mal) seizure at work... convulsions lasting 4-5 minutes. Apparently had very little oxygen as I was blue/purple, blood vessels in my face, neck, and chest all popped (I look like a walking bruise). Chewed off huge chunks of my tongue too. Waifu will have to go without for a couple weeks lol.

Outpouring of support and concern from all angles made me realize people care about me and I'm valuable in their lives... I don't know. 

I don't (or didn't) have any pre-existing seizure condition so this was p-much out of the blue (like my face).

I'm motivated now more than ever to stay healthy and get my shit in a pile.

Edited by StephenG
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

1 minute ago, StephenG said:

Uhm... well I had a massive tonic clonic (grand mal) seizure at work... convulsions lasting 4-5 minutes. Apparently had very little oxygen as I was blue/purple, blood vessels in my face, neck, and chest all popped (I look like a walking bruise). 

Outpouring of support and concern from all angles made me realize people care about me and I'm valuable in their lives... I don't know. 

I don't (or didn't) have any pre-existing seizure condition so this was p-much out of the blue (like my face).

I'm motivated now more than ever to stay healthy and get my shit in a pile.

Holy. This is not a pointless thought or observation. Was it really out of nowhere or have doctors told you what might have contributed to it?

Sorry I know! I just meant the "life is worth living" observation seemed kinda (ironically lol) pointless to me, as in it shouldn't need stating!

Nothing yet - thankfully CT scan and blood tests showed no cancer or signs of abnormality in my brain. Need to see a neurologist to run some tests. 

• Like 1

Nothing yet - thankfully CT scan and blood tests showed no cancer or signs of abnormality in my brain. Need to see a neurologist to run some tests. 

Well it's good that you're alright. I know they're caused by the electricity in your brain not firing correctly, so it seems it can come out of nowhere.

I had a near death experience last year, though it was entirely my fault, and not random. Long story short I was dependent on a drug. Then took another chemically similar drug on top of it (was told they were not similar). Around 9:00pm rolls around and I'm watching something on youtube, then suddenly next thing I am lying on my bed unable to feel one of my arms and both my legs and I freak out, adrenaline pumping and it takes like 10 minutes or so to get the feeling back.

Turns out the drugs i took both slow down your heart rate and then basically compound when taken together. Totally changed my thought process, and I quit taking recreational drugs. It was the first time I've ever faced my mortality and for a while made me feel like I've been taking things for granted.

It was like 3:00am or so when I woke up. I have no clue what happened between 9 and 3. I'm not sure if I almost died or if I did die and my heart restarted or if my heart rate just slowed down but was still pumping. Still, scariest experience ever for me.

Edited by Brisbot
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, StephenG said:

Sorry I know! I just meant the "life is worth living" observation seemed kinda (ironically lol) pointless to me, as in it shouldn't need stating!

shit dude, hope everything's turn out alright! :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Indeed, glad you pulled through.  Any time I don't see a regular watmmer post for a while I always wonder if something happened to them.  Did they stop posting because they finally reached their watmm threshold, or...  If I ever stop posting for several weeks in a row, you can always check in with Goiter Sanchez to confirm I'm still alive or not.

I observed while delivering food to strangers that it's been an entire high school cycle since Syro was released.  Not a very good observation really, but that's what makes it so pointless.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Brisbot said:

Lol yeah that too. I wonder why everyone suddenly wants to use this word I feel I barely ever hear. If anyone has a word for that feeling it'll be in German, considering 'schadenfreude' is a word there.

Hell this is how new words  are made. Just make something up and use it like it's always been there.

Baader–Meinhof effect

• Like 2
  • Farnsworth 1

22 hours ago, StephenG said:

❤️

Let us know when you get your test results back. Hopefully it was just random misfiring. Did the doctors say that randomness is often the case with your type of seizure? And did they give like a "In most cases" type of statement regarding anything? I do know seizures can be caused by a lack of vitamins or minerals, especially magnesium, which is in the top 3 most important minerals in your body, and 50% of people in the USA are magnesium deficient.

I had a minor seizure once back in middle school and when I got my blood work done I was VERY deficient in it, along with calcium which can also cause them from what I remember. If you don't have enough magnesium, it irritates your nervous system.

Edited by Brisbot
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, custom knob said:

sounds like somebody works for the magnesium marketing board

Yeah I was thinking about/projecting my own experience too much. I didn't even have a grand mal seizure, it was a minor one due to magnesium deficiency. And i had a pet squirrel who had one due to a lack of calcium. 

A million things could have caused it.

Edited by Brisbot

27 minutes ago, Tim_J said:

are there any really professional/respectable bosses/superiors out there? i've  never met one and it's so frustrating to work like this, godamn...

Most of them haven't been for me. I've only had 2 out of about 10 that I was friendly with, and most I was neutral toward. And those 2 funnily enough were eventually demoted or fired because they weren't boss material in the eyes of their superiors.

It seems it's easier to command authority by being the cliche 'strict and somewhat detatched boss' than it is to command authority by earning the respect of the people under you. Both work, but the latter is more effort from my observation.

The best team I've ever been on was with a boss who earned the respect instead of forcing it because people liked being there... then she was replaced by a boss who was basically a sociopath who spread a bunch of lies about her so that he could replace her. And then half of the employees quit or requested to move to a different store. He never got fired while I was there, despite all the complains about him, and it turns out he was sleeping with his boss. So... I really hate work politics.

Edited by Brisbot

On 6/1/2019 at 6:14 PM, Brisbot said:

Most of them haven't been for me. I've only had 2 out of about 10 that I was friendly with, and most I was neutral toward. And those 2 funnily enough were eventually demoted or fired because they weren't boss material in the eyes of their superiors.

It seems it's easier to command authority by being the cliche 'strict and somewhat detatched boss' than it is to command authority by earning the respect of the people under you. Both work, but the latter is more effort from my observation.

The best team I've ever been on was with a boss who earned the respect instead of forcing it because people liked being there... then she was replaced by a boss who was basically a sociopath who spread a bunch of lies about her so that he could replace her. And then half of the employees quit or requested to move to a different store. He never got fired while I was there, despite all the complains about him, and it turns out he was sleeping with his boss. So... I really hate work politics.

The industry I work in now is ridiculous this way. It's sickening. 

31 minutes ago, Candiru said:

The industry I work in now is ridiculous this way. It's sickening. 

The big fish eats the little ones

Sometimes work can be like:

Skip to 1:50

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

any older fucks like me remember the going "postal thing"? That was it. No other mass shootings. Now, it's someone going postal everywhere BUT the post office everyday

32 minutes ago, marf said:

any older fucks like me remember the going "postal thing"? That was it. No other mass shootings. Now, it's someone going postal everywhere BUT the post office everyday

lol . . . I mean, I shouldn't lol, because this is a sad comment on the state of affairs in the world today but fuck it if you don't laugh . . . 

Stephen - holy crap! So glad that you came away from the experience with a positive mental shift (some people swing the other way). Truly hoping for a speedy recovery and good news on the medical front!!!