IGNORED

Latest compact disc purchase.

whosebrian

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 7/27/2019 at 12:41 PM, IDEM said:

Iron Maiden -- Brave New World (2015 Remaster). Sort of a guilty pleasure ...

I still spin Seventh Son and Somewhere in Time a few times a year. Artwork is amazing. I used to have posters of both on my bedroom walls (and Megadeth)

Metal Rules!! Hahah 

• 2 weeks later...

Stereolab -- Switched On Volumes 1--3 (Remastered)

Stereolab -- Transient Random-Noise Bursts With Announcements (Remastered Expanded Edition)

Must-haves IMO. The remasters seem to be okay; everything sounds a bit more upfront, making them sound more like a "shoegaze" band, if that makes sense. Could all be due to loudness, though, what do I know.

On 7/28/2019 at 1:50 PM, beer badger said:

I still spin Seventh Son and Somewhere in Time a few times a year. Artwork is amazing. I used to have posters of both on my bedroom walls (and Megadeth)

Metal Rules!! Hahah 

Ah, you picked the "synthesizer" era. Very IDM of you! :tongue: Yeah, I dunno, sometimes they're incredibly cheesy and theatrical in a broadway musical rather than an opera way (then again, I went to see Manowar this year, and boy, they got this shit turned up to 11), but there's one song on almost every album that's just undeniably great. My personal favorites are "Revelations" (off Piece of Mind) and "Hallowed Be Thy Name" (off The Number of the Beast). I usually prefer synthetic sounds, but there's something in the melodic guitar parts that is just so yummy ... And yeah, artwork is killer. Would wear T-Shirt in a semi-ironic fashion.

7 hours ago, IDEM said:

Stereolab -- Switched On Volumes 1--3 (Remastered)

Stereolab -- Transient Random-Noise Bursts With Announcements (Remastered Expanded Edition)

Must-haves IMO. The remasters seem to be okay; everything sounds a bit more upfront, making them sound more like a "shoegaze" band, if that makes sense. Could all be due to loudness, though, what do I know.

Ah, you picked the "synthesizer" era. Very IDM of you! :tongue: Yeah, I dunno, sometimes they're incredibly cheesy and theatrical in a broadway musical rather than an opera way (then again, I went to see Manowar this year, and boy, they got this shit turned up to 11), but there's one song on almost every album that's just undeniably great. My personal favorites are "Revelations" (off Piece of Mind) and "Hallowed Be Thy Name" (off The Number of the Beast). I usually prefer synthetic sounds, but there's something in the melodic guitar parts that is just so yummy ... And yeah, artwork is killer. Would wear T-Shirt in a semi-ironic fashion.

When I was listening to Iron Maiden, my interest in synth music was almost zero! and almost a decade away (though I did love my dads copies of Oxygene and Equinoxe, which was the prelude for me getting into IDM in the future) Number of the Beast was a big album and especially Live After Death but Number of the Beast seems a bit cheesy nowadays, whereas 7th Son seems to of aged quite well. 

(That^^^^ seems like a well nerdy post lol, but true)

Edited by beer badger

Just a heads up if you are a Joy Division fan. As you might know the original Peel Sessions cd released on Peels Strange Fruit label is mildly expensive (maybe £20) this is the version with both sessions on, 8 tracks. It's one of the best things they ever did imo. If you get The Best of Joy Division (yeah I know the blasphemous connotations of any Best Of compilation) you get a second CD which has all the Peel tracks plus a interview with Ian Curtis and Stephen Morris. The CD is about a fiver from Amazon. 

It's a no brainer folks!